Washington - 9:30 - 7th March

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
Brad
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Thanks for some seriously fine pics.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

EVB strikes again! Not content with taking the extremely groovy pics back in 99, here's some more. Thanks a lot, outstanding. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

That white jacket is the bloody limit. :lol: 8) :twisted:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
davedecay
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

hi Liz, was looking for you in NYC.
coming to Philly?

i was telling a friend about the old days, when i crashed on your floor on the 91 tour.
magicmonkeyman
Road Kill

:notworthy:

great pics...cheers for sharing
sistinas
Road Kill

davedecay wrote:hi Liz, was looking for you in NYC.
coming to Philly?

i was telling a friend about the old days, when i crashed on your floor on the 91 tour.
Hey good to run into you again - I was just thinking about ya!! 8)
Afraid I can't mak ethe Phgilly show - sigh...gotta work, afraid I'm getting old so its harder to drive back to DC from Philly after a gig and get up at 5 AM to be in work by 7 (I'm in rough enough shape this morning after a whole 2 hrs sleep last night!)

Have a great time at the Philly show tho!!!!
Booslham
Road Kill

Something Fast .... because he knows "I think he's still in Baltimore" will get the crowd crazy.
Baltimore is only 40 miles from the venue (45 from DC).

In 1999.. I saw them there in DC and he screamed out the word "Blatimore".. The audience loved it.

He did the same in Ft. Lauderdale last week... I was there. During Dr Jeep, he stressed on "South Miami... humming AOR". Everyone cheered. I loved it.
GrooveKitten
Road Kill

Hey ya Rat Bastard! I was a few "rows" behind you, more toward the center Andrew. Re: the sounds, I guess I was initially just in a bad spot, because it was much better once I moved.

A couple piccies.
If their goal was to have the most smoke - well done!
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f239/ ... GP0633.jpg

Also Ilike the lighting in this pic.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f239/ ... GP0634.jpg
magicmonkeyman
Road Kill

GrooveKitten wrote:Hey ya Rat Bastard! I was a few "rows" behind you, more toward the center Andrew. Re: the sounds, I guess I was initially just in a bad spot, because it was much better once I moved.

A couple piccies.
If their goal was to have the most smoke - well done!
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f239/ ... GP0633.jpg

Also Ilike the lighting in this pic.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f239/ ... GP0634.jpg
nice shots
tristren
Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:Nice photos thanks. Is that the Dominion jacket? :eek:
Looks like it's Chris' jacket from his Elvis outfit.

Nice pics.
_emma_
Overbomber

Looking at GrooveKitten's pics I start to regret I've never seen a Sisters gig from the back so I could fully appreciate the lightshow.

But looking at sistinas', I'm sure I'll never do it.

:notworthy:
Thank you, all the people who share your photos with others.
WhatWouldAndrewDo?
Road Kill

RatBastard, I was right behind you--I remember your jacket. I was next to the girls that were yelling for the guitar player to get naked. No, they weren't with me :)

He is REALLY good. Wasn't really digging the other guy though.

GrooveKitten, glad you enjoyed ;)
WhatWouldAndrewDo?
Road Kill

Great pictures, sistinas! Thanks!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Two more great photos. Cheers Groovekitten.

@ Emma - it's always worth standing towards the back every now and then, particularly at the bigger gigs, just for the lightshow. As Ms Kittens pics prove. :notworthy: :von:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
deadaswarhol
Road Kill

'twas my first time seeing them live. it was really awesome. i was right near the front center, the one with a zombie on the back of my jacket.

they played quite a few songs i wasn't familiar with, but it was nice hearing something vaguely new :)

sucks the shirts were so expensive. i would have gotten one if they were around $20
OptimusGeorge
Road Kill

WhatWouldAndrewDo? wrote:RatBastard, I was right behind you--I remember your jacket. I was next to the girls that were yelling for the guitar player to get naked. No, they weren't with me :)

He is REALLY good. Wasn't really digging the other guy though.

GrooveKitten, glad you enjoyed ;)
They were only going to give him a dollar though! :D
Chairman BOX
Road Kill

Ladies & Gents,

We have uploaded a handful of videos shot clandestinely from the balcony of the DC gig. Video comes courtesy of a Samsung t809 cellular phone, so take it for what it's worth. Enjoy.

http://rapidshare.de/files/15001859/DC_ ... 6.zip.html

Tracks include:
01. FALAA (drops a couple of seconds from the end of the last verse/beginning of last chorus)
02. Ribbons
03. Dr. Jeep/Detonation Blvd.
04. Crash & Burn
05. On the Wire/Teachers/On the Wire (drops the last few seconds from the end of the song)
10. Slept (audio only)

We would have nabbed the whole show, but the management had other plans. Most unfortunately, we were unable to capture Susanne, which included a slick new lead riff in the chorus, courtesy of Ben Christo.

Also, by way of comparison with the earlier gigs that we attended (Vegas, Phoenix; both stunning), the overall quality of the DC show was, almost unbelievably, up several orders of magnitude. Ben's playing has grown leaps and bounds since the beginning of the tour, and if Chris Catalyst figures out some place on his person to stuff one more ounce of cool, we shall be mightily impressed.

I suppose we'll find out tonight, in Philly...

BOX out
(Messrs. BIX and BEX having failed to report in)
Chairman BOX, unlike Chairman Bax, is not watching you.
Although we, much like the BORG, are a collective-
excepting only that our brains pulse with funk, love, and napalm.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Excellent work Mr Box. Cheers. :notworthy: :notworthy: When I've got a spare millenium, I'll download that little lot on my dial-up connection. :urff:

Great to hear your views on the tour as it progresses. Not only is Mr Catalyst cool and groovy, he's also a bloody sound bloke to boot. :notworthy:

Roll on Leeds. Imagine how good they're gonna be by the time they get here. 8) :von: 8)
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Not having much chance to give feedback after gigs, but this one was one of the best so far. Sound was great, lights were stunning and the band wore some of the tackiest attire so far. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: While Something Fast isn't one of my favourites, it's a nice song and it was good to hear it. Washington crowd was more lively than NY crowd last night. All in all, a great show - apart from some sick and/or lazy bastard pissing on the leg of one of our friends :evil:

Andrew
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Andrew S wrote:Not having much chance to give feedback after gigs, but this one was one of the best so far. Sound was great, lights were stunning and the band wore some of the tackiest attire so far. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: While Something Fast isn't one of my favourites, it's a nice song and it was good to hear it. Washington crowd was more lively than NY crowd last night. All in all, a great show - apart from some sick and/or lazy bastard pissing on the leg of one of our friends :evil:

Andrew
:eek: :eek: :eek: I assume they (the pisser) were dealt with in the only appropriate manner. :evil: Jesus, you want that kind of thing, you build a Tardis and set the controls for the heart of the Stretford End, circa anytime in the 70s.

Anyway, glad you're having a great time. :notworthy: I was always slightly ambivalent about Something Fast, til Leeds 2001, where it was played so goddamn incredibly it's been a firm favourite ever since (not that they've played it since :lol: :roll: ).
GrooveKitten
Road Kill

WhatWouldAndrewDo, were those the girls with the green hair?! If so I wasn't far from you.

Thanks all for the nice comments!

As for the viewing area, I am glad I experienced both in front (where I generally prefer) and from above. It was a completely different perspective and it was good to see them in their entirety.

AndrewS, you didn't like the flourescent green shirts?! :p

BOX thanks for the vid!

Cheers, All!
Barracuda
Amphetamine Filth

Cheers for the vids but quicktime says they're not "a file that QuickTime understands". Any ideas?
Booslham
Road Kill

The Videos do NOT work......
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Thank you for the videos (and they do work)! And also for the pictures...great stuff.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Booslham
Road Kill

How (what) did you open them with?
pearson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

try real player!

thx :notworthy:
ribbons sound like an heavy-metal song :lol:
there's too much blood in my vodkastream

----------------adam pearson------------------