Brussels, April 22nd

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Don't have a clue either, haven't been there before TBH. Koen, Iz?
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
fddkbe
Road Kill

Crap - they never had an opening act on their Belgian shows - indeed catching the last train will mean missing out on the last part of the show ... :urff:
kazamel
Amphetamine Filth

tickets for sale at ebay (not from me)

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/THE-SISTERS-OF- ... dZViewItem

(and only 1.99 euro right now...)
radiojamaica
Overbomber

There's loads of bars/cafés to visit within crawling distance from the AB. A nice café is El Metteko(Anspachlaan 88 ), between de Beurs/la Bourse and the AB. An old school style place with mirrors on tha walls, darkbrown colours, wood all over & a very mixed crowd :D . You can have a drink or some nice things to eat too... I kinda like it :wink:

Another groovy place (for the slightly high brow kinda cats) is the Falstaff. Legendary in the sixties when it became thé hangout-place for the beat generation. Art Nouveau/Jugendstil all the way and apparently there's a gateway to another dimension over there... which is cool :innocent: Today it's mainly visited by elderly people who get their coffee ;D . Still worth a visit (but pretty expensive!!).

If you go in one of the streets right across the AB (on the opposite side of the Anspachlaan that is), there are loads of nice & cosy pubs, cocktailbars and what more.

Well, do what ya like with this info... I'll probably be too late for the pre- gig thingies anyway...

8)
Last edited by radiojamaica on 19 Apr 2006, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

radiojamaica wrote: Another groovy place (for the slightly high brow kinda cats) is the Falstaff. Legendary in the sixties when it became thé hangout-place for the beat generation. Art Nouveau/Jugendstil all the way and apparently there's a gateway to another dimension over there... which is cool :innocent: Today it's mainly visited by elderly people who get their coffee ;D . Still worth a visit (but pretty expensive!!).

8)

It is indeed a lovely place, with a nice service and lovely design (ain't it Horta, by the way?) ;D I went there for a drink with our gig, but on a Sat night, it becomes quite crowdy with a lot of posh 40-years-old and their dates/secretaries/whatever.

But it is a good place to have a drink and a snack, while not being expensive (at least not more expensive than the rest of Brussels), AND it is within a minute of the AB (just around the corner, in fact, next to the Beursschouwburg)

For me, I fear there will not be a meeting beforehand, as we are with the Gang from Lier. We go straight in. We don't muck around. :von:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Falstaff is okay with me, though I like to be in on time as well. I'll be around in the early afternoon I presume.

You'll recognise me :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote: It is indeed a lovely place, with a nice service and lovely design (ain't it Horta, by the way?) ;D I went there for a drink with our gig, but on a Sat night, it becomes quite crowdy with a lot of posh 40-years-old and their dates/secretaries/whatever.

But it is a good place to have a drink and a snack, while not being expensive (at least not more expensive than the rest of Brussels), AND it is within a minute of the AB (just around the corner, in fact, next to the Beursschouwburg)

For me, I fear there will not be a meeting beforehand, as we are with the Gang from Lier. We go straight in. We don't muck around. :von:

IZ.
Yeah, that Horta chap really had it coming :innocent:

and thanx Izzy for pointing out where the Falstaff is located... I forgot to put that in my message :oops: Thank you for reading ;D
christophe
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:Falstaff is okay with me, though I like to be in on time as well. I'll be around in the early afternoon I presume.

You'll recognise me :lol:
thats what i'm aiming for myself but I hope I will get some sleep the night/morning before :eek:
radiojamaica
Overbomber

christophe wrote:thats what i'm aiming for myself but I hope I will get some sleep the night/morning before :eek:

any wild plans on Friday night, Christophe?
christophe
Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:
christophe wrote:thats what i'm aiming for myself but I hope I will get some sleep the night/morning before :eek:
any wild plans on Friday night, Christophe?
I appear to be invited to see Akira, but I don’t know if its going to be before of after the party :P :twisted:
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Right I've decided I'm going to this one so hopefully I'll see some of you at the pre-show, the show and the aftershow of course! Image
The Scene won't save you...
christophe
Overbomber

Scardwel wrote:Right I've decided I'm going to this one so hopefully I'll see some of you at the pre-show, the show and the aftershow of course! Image
oi ;D
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Tonight is the night ;D

I know I'm ready, are you guys? :von:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Badlander
Overbomber

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, have a good time and keep us informed ! Image :von: Image
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

We will arrive somewhere 19:44 at Brussels Central. Any concrete plans already? Not really bothering to see Nihil, I'm afraid...

AB foyer or another place?

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

I'll just go to the AB foyer, I guess. I'm leaving here at about two or three o'clock. So see you there :wink:

I'll have to go and see Nihil if I want a good spot I'm affraid though...
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Powerslave
Road Kill

URGENT

ONE OF MY FRIENDS GOT SICK FOR TONIGHT. I HAVE ONE TICKET TO SALE.

NO BLACK MARKET!!!!

I'LL SELL IT AT THE PRICE I BOUGHT IT : 35€

THE PLACE WILL GO TO THE FIRST WHO CONTACT ME VIA PERSONAL MESSAGE
Powerslave
Road Kill

Sold, thnx ;)
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Have a fabulous time people!

And a top nite out!
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
doc P
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

enjoy you guys 8)
Es ist grausam.
Dafür hat es aufgehört zu regnen.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Looking forward to your reviews! :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Badlander
Overbomber

Yeah, it's getting late. :? :lol:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
randdebiel²

great gig, too short :)
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
doc P

randdebiel² wrote:great gig, too short :)
and that is supposed to mean? :innocent:
Es ist grausam.
Dafür hat es aufgehört zu regnen.
frederik
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Just got back from Brussels :innocent: 8)

The setlist was the same as the Paris gig except for "Will I Dream" who was not played

During “Dominion�, there was a technical problem and :von: stopped singing for a moment during the first part.

The guitar work from Benn during "We are the same Suzanne" was really rocking!! So was the audience.

Also there was a lot of smoke (maybe too much). I was on the first row and during parts of the show they were really unvisible, but I didn't mind. The sound was pretty good, although :von: ' voice was sometimes not so clear. Maybe the audience was singing too loud so he couldn't be heard at times.
:lol: :innocent:

My girlfriend also got the plectrum from Benn, which was 8) 8)

Up to Astoria 8) :wink: