Brussels, April 22nd

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
libby
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

As far as I am concerned, Andrew has NOTHING to be ashamed of. After all these years he managed to keep the spirit alive and has never lost his self respect.
Badlander
Overbomber

libby wrote:As far as I am concerned, Andrew has NOTHING to be ashamed of. After all these years he managed to keep the spirit alive and has never lost his self respect.
The Girls only seem to get bad reviews these days anyway. Don't get upset, it's part of the show ! ;D 8)

It's like only we the chosen are wise enough to get the true meaning of the Sissies... :twisted: :von:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Bejito wrote:@Ghostrider: here's hoping you succeed

@Obviousman: i'm guessing you're into Millionaire and possibly Human League (your sig) :D

Thanks for the welcome y'all
Millionaire and Shriekback, actually :wink: Pleasure to welcome you :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
frkfrk
Road Kill

good first part (i didn't knew Nihil but it was ok for me)

very good sound, perfect guitar, good singing

it would have be perfect if longuer and if i could see von ^^
Ozric
Road Kill

Hello,

I was on the front row left in front of Ben Christo, I like the show verry much, had Von a few times in front of me.

I took pictures with my mobile, the quality is acceptable for me (didn't want to use a flash)

For those intrested in them:

http://rapidshare.de/files/18710014/Sis ... 6.zip.html

@Ghostrider: did you tried EasyRecovery from Ontrack? It's a really great tool....

Kind regards,

Ozric
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Thanks Ozric :D :notworthy:

Related to Ozpat in any way? :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
christophe
Overbomber

welcome Ozric! :D
another Belgian?
Another Shade of You.
Ozric
Road Kill

christophe wrote:welcome Ozric! :D
another Belgian?
Yes another Belgian..... :D
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

The more the merrier 8)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Bejito
Road Kill

Amen...We are such a nice bunch of ppl that we get 2 dates :lol:

Ghostrider: any luck yet with the recovery?
ilsen
Road Kill

and I just thought it was perfect!
They played my favourite song (when you don't see me) so what more could a girl ask for....
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

ilsen wrote:and I just thought it was perfect!
They played my favourite song (when you don't see me) so what more could a girl ask for....
The Belgian guy you were looking for last year? :innocent: :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Obviousman wrote:Thanks Ozric :D :notworthy:

Related to Ozpat in any way? :lol:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :wink:
lachert
Overbomber

Ozric wrote:I took pictures with my mobile, the quality is acceptable for me (didn't want to use a flash)

For those intrested in them:

http://rapidshare.de/files/18710014/Sis ... 6.zip.html
that's the way i like to download photos :D
many thanks.
long live rock'n'roll
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

There are pics of the gig on the VRT-website :D (which is our national telly network)

Originating from here
Cutting Edge wrote:De vleermuizen zijn uitgeflapperd.
Cover Goth’s not dead, of toch? Zo ze ooit al echt levendig genoemd konden worden, blijkt de groep langharige deemsterschepsels behoorlijk uitgedund te zijn. We dachten dat we met ons roze polka dot–shirtje danig uit de toon zouden vallen, maar dat bleek verre van het geval te zijn. The sisters of mercy hebben door de jaren heen hun fanclub uitgebreid over de in kohlpotlood afgetekende grenzen heen. Zelf doen ze trouwens hun best om zich te distantiëren van alle batcave–toestanden, voor echte gothfestivals willen ze al lang geen omweg meer maken. We zullen er in al onze ironie maar niet bij zeggen dat zij zowat de uitvinders zijn van deze generatie lost souls, die ze nu onomwonden voor lege dozen verslijten.
Maar ondanks het verscheiden der donkere zielen is er aan fans nog steeds geen gebrek. Getuige daarvan is het ijltempo waarin de hele AB uitverkocht was, en het extra optreden dat ingelast werd om de arme schaapjes te sussen die geen kaartje konden bemachtigen. Of die na deze teleurstellende maskerade nog de moeite zullen doen om naar de AB af te zakken, is nog maar de vraag.
Bezieling was gedurende de hele show ver te zoeken. Het leek wel alsof iemand de volledige back catalogue van The sisters of mercy in een jukebox had gestopt en het ding met neonlampjes en al flink door elkaar had geschud alvorens op het random knopje te drukken. Uitzondering was “First and
last and always�, volgens velen het beste wat ze ooit gemaakt hebben, maar blijkbaar vonden The sisters het niet nodig om er ook maar een track uit te spelen. Bisnummer en grootste hit “Temple of love� klonk niet van harte, we zouden zelfs durven zeggen dat ze het met tegenzin speelden.
Bovendien zag je haast niets, de hele zaal was tot de nok gevuld met mist. Interessante lichtshow, dat wel, maar voor de aanblik van het parelende zweet op het voorhoofd van je idolen moest je het ook niet doen. Tussen de nummers door werd er netjes een paar seconden gepauzeerd, het geheel klonk zo strak als een lederen broek hoort te zitten. Een kwade tong zou kunnen beweren dat de hele gig een grote playback–operatie was en The sisters zelf vervangen waren door een hoop etalagepoppen met ingebouwde luidsprekers en opgekleefde bakkebaarden.
Als je dan bedenkt dat je 35 zuur verdiende eurootjes neertelt voor amper een uur en tien minuten entertainment, is de rekening snel gemaakt.
Nothing too positive, I'm afraid :roll:

Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

What an utter crap! These people don't do their homework and expect an 80's or early 90's show. Also this playback and smoke s**t again. :evil:

Nice photo's though. Thanks Z. :notworthy:
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

another journalist who has seen the wrong show... :s
they really should set signs for those bastards...
or sell them some glaces...

and what's with all that goth stuff in every interview??? don't they know it's rock 'n roll??

you can tell it's been a long time since this guy had seen a sisters gig.. as he says they compiled their greatest hits..and doesn't mention the "new" songs since he pro'lly doesn't know them by name.. :D :D

thank god i have my ticket...

(file recovered.. cleaning it out now...)
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
Badlander
Overbomber

Ghostrider wrote: and what's with all that goth stuff in every interview??? don't they know it's rock 'n roll??
*sighs*
You are so right. Goth, much like beauty, must be in the eye of the - blind - beholder. :roll: :von:
robertzombie
Overbomber

Ghostrider wrote: (file recovered.. cleaning it out now...)
:D :D :D
frederik

It's always the same with these journalists, who don't realize that this band is evolved through the years...

They are still associating them with gothic and bats and stuff like that which really gets me frustrated at times...

I mean, if you listen to songs like Crash & Burn, FALAA, Ribbons...for me this isn't wave or gothic or some form of dark psychedellic music, but pure ROCK and ROLL!!

What I'm trying to say is that I like much more the way and style the band is playing now although I think that there should be a little more songs from the early days into the repertoire of today...

Imaging what Floorshow, Emma, Adrenochrome, Kiss the Carpet and lots more would sound anno 2006!!
Last edited by frederik on 30 Apr 2006, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

It's my understanding, btw, that the Fall suffers from the same thing, but they categorically refuse to play any old material these days. And actually, most bands that have long careers and have changed their sound once or more have the same problem with the old audiences that wouldn't let them grow (of course there are cases where it's not a question of growth but commercialization but those bands are obviously a different story).
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Badlander
Overbomber

frederik wrote: They are still associating them with gothic and bats and stuff like that which really gets me frustrated at times...
The crazy thing about the Girls is that it was never about bats and f**king bloodsuckers. So it's even more difficult to understand where that goth s**t comes from. The Rolling Stones also had their "satanist" period, and AFAIK no one ever called them a goth act. And we don't even need to mention AC/DC. At the end of the day it all comes down to fukcing media hype.

Floorshow is about nightclubbing, and Lights always brings back memories of those lonely foggy Leeds streets at night. How goth is Leeds ? Just as much as Detroit I guess.
christophe
Overbomber

I think its just because allot of goth bands call the sisters as the influences.
And no one can deny the fact they are a great influence, but all those Goffers out there started to think The Sisters are as Gothic as the rest.

I don’t care, its trough the Sisters I have discovered Goth-Rock Bat-cave and all those nice music :D and I’m not mad about it.
frederik

christophe wrote:I don’t care, its trough the Sisters I have discovered Goth-Rock Bat-cave and all those nice music :D and I’m not mad about it.
ok, for me...but as long as you don't associate them ;D
Ghostrider

frederik wrote: Imaging what Floorshow, Emma, Adrenochrome, Kiss the Carpet and lots more would sound anno 2006!!
we already know what Emma sounded like in 2005...but i would becurious for Floorshow (heavy guitar demo version) or Teachers-Adrenochrome

those would sound amazing!!

or a patched up version of CN/SkoS with the 2 new boys in a long middle guitar solo battle thank you verry much :notworthy: :notworthy:
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...