Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
May 7th Nottingham Rock City
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Bite The Silver Bullet 2006 Tour (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trouble_in_store
Road Kill

PostPost #151  Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Did you all go to the same gig? Reply with quote Back to top

James Blast wrote:
trouble_in_store wrote:
Probably gonna get flamed for this, but hey, that's OK, it's time for a difference of opinion....
you won't get flamed in here but it would have been nice if you had posted a few times before your review. It is your review, we appreciate that and thank you.
Of recent we have had rather a lot of '1 negative post then nada' types.

Please join in the fray, get the 'in jokes' etc., it's nice oop norff. Very Happy

Hey there, don't get me wrong, I was well chuffed to find a sisters forum, loved them for years, just gutted about what I thought was a poor gig.....

All I need now is confirmation of the rumours about a neffs tour Smile
godgirl
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #152  Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trixie wrote:
paint it black wrote:

poor old marge Laughing Laughing

Yeah, I agree - bit harsh...
Sounds like Mr Woolstencroft's upset that the gig didn't take him back to the glory days of his youth as a roleplayer Confused That, and he appears to have his head up his bum...

...anyhow, who's he calling a 'ponytailed goth'?

Trixie

hurrah. suddenly we're fat goths.

*laughs*

he obviously doesn't get out much.

pass me the crimpers and i'll hand over the snakebite.
godgirl
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #153  Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

paint it black wrote:

OLD?

OLD???

Evil or Very Mad

Sad

etc...

someone bring a zimmer frame, please.

or at least, arnica.
RobF
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #154  Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

godgirl wrote:
Trixie wrote:
paint it black wrote:

Yeah, I agree - bit harsh...
Sounds like Mr Woolstencroft's upset that the gig didn't take him back to the glory days of his youth as a roleplayer Confused That, and he appears to have his head up his bum...

...anyhow, who's he calling a 'ponytailed goth'?

Trixie

hurrah. suddenly we're fat goths.

*laughs*

he obviously doesn't get out much.

pass me the crimpers and i'll hand over the snakebite.

I'm getting a bit porky me-sen, but I don't think I could be accused of Goffiness.

P.S. Why did only two of us sing along to "Skinhead Moonstomp" on the intro-tape? You would think the Sissies weren't a well known Ska band!
originalgoth
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #155  Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rock City was the best of the 3 that I did (Leeds, Manchester & RC) by far........... the biggest croud of the 3 gigs, maybe that's what made The Sisters enjoy it more as well, they certainly made it seem like Nottingham was their home town, I think they played for longer than the other 2 gigs......

I was up at the bar getting a drink at one stage & a woman wanted to complain about all the smoke.....she didn't seem to be a happy camper - but then she didn't look like she belonged at a Sisters gig anyway ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

For most of the gig I was stood behind the lighting Engineers set-up so the sound there was great, I certainly wouldn't complain about it.

I would love a recording of it if anyone has got one.

The Rig was good afterwards, played a lot of the old Goth faves.....

It was great for me to meet other Heartlanders, CHEERS Lee & Mrs EMWK & Scotty ........... I've got the pics to prove it.
Oh, and Lee, I will try & put up some posts on here (I do remember the chat we had at Planet Daves party) .......... It was GREAT to meet U again & hope to make it over for the July meet as well.....All going well I will

Someone at City saw my un-official tee shirt & thought it was better than the official ones....at least it's got all the dates on it and it only cost £5 outside the Manchester gig........Happy Days......Still had to get the official one for as well though coz it's UTTERLY BASTARD GROOVEY !!!!!!!

Overall, Notts for me was a great weekend, it's my home-town, met friends that I hadn't seen in over 16 years & made some new friends there as well.

TOP NITE OUT

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ
Francis
Overbomber

PostPost #156  Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, Rock City was definitely heaving, I had to get way offside to find some elbow room. And we wandered into the club downstairs just as they played More! My idea of heaven. Laughing Danced the night away with the nearest thing I could find to a mirrored pillar. It wasn't me...
Debaser
Overbomber

PostPost #157  Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't realise I hadn't said anything about this gig...silly old me.

Well, it's the first gig that I HAVEN'T said 'Well, I don't hink I'll bother anymore' So that's a good thing.

Only bumped into Lee and his loverly lady - but that might have been coz we had Biggy in tow and he doesn't 'do' people.

Rock City has always been one of the best sounding places I've ever been to - but after reading all the previous gig reviews I was expecting for it to be a bit suspect. But apart from Mr E's vocals being rather low I thought it was just peachy.

Gaz didn't moan as much as he'd threatened, so again, it must have been ok. Oh and his eye has been twittering ever since - We are not worthy! to the strobe. There was a moment during the 'pink' strobey bit where I actually thought that if I was going to ever have an epileptic fit, now would be the appropriate time, it was all rather bizarre.

Oh and for the record, at any gig I am always stood behind one of three types of gig go-er. Ridiculously tall man, snoggy couple or farty man. The latter was my fate that night Sad

New song huh? I knew he'd try speshully hard coz I'd missed the Manc gig Wink
Francis
Overbomber

PostPost #158  Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Debaser wrote:
farty man

You should've said hello. Laughing

And a big THANKYOU to Lee for keeping me awake just as I was thinking about curling up in a corner after walking til dawn in Norwich. Does it have a lot of churches or was I just going round in circles?
Andie
Overbomber

PostPost #159  Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sound may have been a little odd...but this vantage point is deffo not good for video Laughing Laughing We are not worthy! We are not worthy!

YouTubeClicky
Debaser
Overbomber

PostPost #160  Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you try really hard, you might be able to see me! Laughing
Andie
Overbomber

PostPost #161  Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

originalgoth wrote:
It was great for me to meet other Heartlanders, CHEERS Lee & Mrs EMWK & Scotty ........... I've got the pics to prove it.

Scotty Surprised

where the fcuk were you hiding ya lil....

Wink
Andie
Overbomber

PostPost #162  Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Debaser wrote:

can't see F all...too much smoke It wasn't me... Laughing Our fearless leader!

i'm down t' front...behind the tall red head It wasn't me... Wink
czuczu
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #163  Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RobF wrote:
...I don't think I could be accused of Goffiness.

Hardly! I don't think there is a label for you r 'Nottingham Gent' look Laughing
Debaser
Overbomber

PostPost #164  Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Burn wrote:
Debaser wrote:

If Scardy was there...I was stood very close to him - but note...he WASN'T the farty man, that was a little scrote who winkled his way in.
scotty
Overbomber

PostPost #165  Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Burn wrote:
originalgoth wrote:

Scotty Surprised

Wink

Devil Wink

Nope, wisnae me................and there cannae be another Scotty..........can there? Surprised
Andie
Overbomber

PostPost #166  Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Debaser wrote:
Burn wrote:
Debaser wrote:

If Scardy was there...I was stood very close to him - but note...he WASN'T the farty man, that was a little scrote who winkled his way in.

I saw Scardy...just infront of the mixing desk...just behind the pit...

errr...i was in ra pit for most of the "bouncy" choons...and nope...i ain't a lil scrote...thanx for asking like It wasn't me... Wink We are not worthy!
Andie
Overbomber

PostPost #167  Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

scotty wrote:
Burn wrote:
originalgoth wrote:

Scotty Surprised

Wink

Devil Wink

Nope, wisnae me................and there cannae be another Scotty..........can there? Surprised

me thinks the older goffic got us confuzzled Wierded Out what with my accent and all Wink We are not worthy!

ye just canny get the staff anymore Cool
Debaser
Overbomber

PostPost #168  Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Burn wrote:

errr...i was in ra pit for most of the "bouncy" choons...and nope...i ain't a lil scrote...thanx for asking like It wasn't me... Wink We are not worthy!

Oh, well it wasn't Scard then, as I was at the front all night.
Andie
Overbomber

PostPost #169  Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Debaser wrote:
Burn wrote:

Oh, well it wasn't Scard then, as I was at the front all night.

phew...thank fcuk it wasn't you who stuck your fingers into my armpits while i was clapping after Temple...scared the holy crap outta me...and it tickled a bit Laughing Embarassed
Elektroglide
Road Kill

PostPost #170  Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: still looking Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="the-happening"][quote="Dan"]Is there any audio of the new song? Well, we know there is. Anyone gonna upload it? :D[/quote]

Dr Poo says to try here:

http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2XEBCUUQ6RL110DFHMAA0TP3XE[/quote]

that's expired : (

where else is it up for grabs? sounds interesting.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #171  Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

best sound of the three i attended- but no-one else seems to have mentioned von twatting that unwelcome photographer round the head with the mike-stand at the start.i thought that was hilarious. Our fearless leader!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Bite The Silver Bullet 2006 Tour (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: