Philadelphia 8th March

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

aims
Overbomber

16 dates :eek:

The Europe 2005 "Tour" pales in comparison ;)
Petseri
Overbomber

No big surprise. :D What I do find odd is that they travel New York --> Washington --> Philadelphia. In 1999, they went Washington --> New York --> Philadelphia. Philedelphia lies between New York and Washington, though.

Baltimore would still be nice, but I will not hold my breath.
TheBoyNextDoor

I wonder how many more dates they can squeeze in between the gaps. At least 6-7 dates between 18th Feb to 03 March is my guess, and that leads us to over 22 concerts. Then every tour the last years look pale in comparison. ;)
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

no more gentoo voodoo though. oh well - it was just a passing comment.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

TheBoyNextDoor wrote:I wonder how many more dates they can squeeze in between the gaps. At least 6-7 dates between 18th Feb to 03 March is my guess
In '99 the gig in Mexico City took several days off the live schedule, if not a week? Surely they will play somewhere Texan, another one in Florida but also surely head down the detonation boulevard like last time :-)
Multifaceted
Road Kill

Yes! Now I can see dead bodies and an even deader band, all in the same day.

Or is that a semi-dead band and even deader bodies?

2006 is a VERY good year. :D
TheBoyNextDoor

euphoria wrote: In '99 the gig in Mexico City took several days off the live schedule, if not a week? Surely they will play somewhere Texan, another one in Florida but also surely head down the detonation boulevard like last time :-)
Yes, you're right. Then it'll be Mexico and first time Texico...eh.. I mean.. Texas - I hope they don't forget to bring their cowboy hats. :)
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Multifaceted wrote:Yes! Now I can see dead bodies and an even deader band, all in the same day.
They were also shoiwng them in Munich when The Sisters last played there. Unfortunately I didn't find out till we'd left! Perhaps this time...
canon docre
Overbomber

Andrew S wrote:
Multifaceted wrote:Yes! Now I can see dead bodies and an even deader band, all in the same day.
They were also shoiwng them in Munich when The Sisters last played there. Unfortunately I didn't find out till we'd left! Perhaps this time...
it isn't THAT interesting, though. More of a freakshow than an anatomy course.
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

Ooooo! I'm gonna be a fangirl and do the New York and Philly dates! Time and dosh permitting, of course...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

pah! :cry:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

Quiff Boy wrote:pah! :cry:
Oh, how the tables have turned... :lol:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Quiff Boy wrote:pah! :cry:
Same here... :|
"as we walk on the floodland"
aims
Overbomber

Pfft. Us bitter ones know full well that the US tour is just one big Near Meth gig and that we're getting the real tour mid 2006 ;)
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

CorpPunk wrote:Ooooo! I'm gonna be a fangirl and do the New York and Philly dates! Time and dosh permitting, of course...
Hee hee....considering the same, too tempting. Fanboys and girls, indeed.
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

Petseri wrote:No big surprise. :D What I do find odd is that they travel New York --> Washington --> Philadelphia. In 1999, they went Washington --> New York --> Philadelphia. Philedelphia lies between New York and Washington, though.

So I assume you're going to the Philly show? :D I'm about 75% sure of trekking on down...
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

So NY is (almost) sold out? Some of you were planning to go to Philly as well - have you been able to buy any tickets for that? I can't find any place to buy them...
Petseri
Overbomber

CorpPunk wrote:
Petseri wrote:No big surprise. :D What I do find odd is that they travel New York --> Washington --> Philadelphia. In 1999, they went Washington --> New York --> Philadelphia. Philedelphia lies between New York and Washington, though.

So I assume you're going to the Philly show? :D I'm about 75% sure of trekking on down...
As of now I plan to head to:
  • Las Vegas (tickets in hand already)
  • New York (but I just noticed that the pre-sale is sold out :urff: Do you have any extras?),
  • Washington (I will pick up tickets in person when they go one sale,; I may want to get more than 4 for that one), and
  • Philadelphia
I will see if I can get any more shows in.
TheBoyNextDoor

euphoria wrote:So NY is (almost) sold out? Some of you were planning to go to Philly as well - have you been able to buy any tickets for that? I can't find any place to buy them...
You can buy them at the Sisters ticketing service. I just logged in for the first time so don't know if it was available earlier.
No_Mercy
Road Kill

I will be attending the New York and Philly shows.... Wish I could do more but that dreaded thing called a job gets in the way
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

No_Mercy wrote:I will be attending the New York and Philly shows.... Wish I could do more but that dreaded thing called a job gets in the way
I hate those things, those, those jobs!

I'm 85% (due to CorpPunk's pressure) on doing Philly...but with no wheels, it means Amtrak down there and back.

Anybody coming into NY thinking of going that way? Train gets to 30th Street station, venue is at 77th Street, I believe. Will check Amtrak, unless someone has better way.
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Got my tickets for Philly yesterday (to Germany), thus well before the stated "one week prior to the event". I had ordered them a couple of days after they were up on the Sisters pre-sale page. So I guess most people should get their tickets before they fly away across the pond :-)
davedecay

bump for tomorrow's show... who's going?

i'm 99% certain i'll be there with my friend's teenage son in tow -- his first Sisters gig.

not wanting to pay the $18 service fee on 2 tix, i think i'll just buy them at the door.
lachert
Overbomber

from dominion:
2:05 AM Eastern Standard Time

Good Morning Class,

The only thing keeping me awake at this point is a nasty combination of Red Bull, Jaegermeister (sp) and ringing ears. The ringing ears are more from the sound system at Shampoo than from the Sisters. I hope everyone had a nice time and my apologies to anyone that my dear friend George and I might have banged into when we tried to stir things up during "Vision Thing." George and I were at the Trocadero show on the Vision Thing tour and have always wondered why the Philadelphia fans just stood around and bobbed their heads for such a brilliant song.

The show was not sold out but the crowd in front seemed to have a nice time. We stood in the far balcony for the first three songs and the sound was comfortably loud but Andrew's vocals were buried. As expected, it didn't sound any better down in front. I didn't take notes but the set list seemed to be a mix of the previous shows. As previously mentioned there were many video phones. There was one fellow with a camcorder on a monopod in the stage pit area. The only comment I could make out from Andrew was towards the end of the show and was something about the number 2,000.

To Eva and the other gentleman that I offered Philadelphia travel guidance to, I hope you enjoyed your visit the the "City of Brotherly Love" and that you have a safe journey to your next stop on the tour.

Off to bed,

Michael
long live rock'n'roll