http://www.thesistersofmercy.us/

Do you do a TSOM-related website? Do you know any cool TSOM websites? Sites listed here may be about anything to do with The Sisters: lyrics, tours, photos, biographies, interviews, etc. Post your URLs along with a short description of the website here.

Note: Please post links about trading Sisters memorabilia or your personal collection in the Trading section.
Karen
Road Kill

Some of you may have already seen my site with the photos from the Denver show. I wanted to post the link here and also let everyone know that I have updated the site.

http://www.thesistersofmercy.us/

I would like to get some input on the site. I am contemplating putting up a place where everyone can upload/download bootleg mp3's. This would save everyone time and postage. I also thought about a forum, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes. I'm not sure that another forum is needed? At some point I will add some lyrics and anything else I can find that I think would be useful for TSOM fans.

What are everyone's thoughts on possible additions to the site? What would you like to see on the site?

Feel free to register and upload your photos in the Gallery... :)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

You might want to be careful with bootleg mp3s. The copyright police have left us alone on HL so far, but you never know.

Also, the wider trader community tends to frown on lossy compression formats like mp3, so unless you've got space to host FLAC files or even uncompressed WAV/AIFF, you might not get as many uploads as you might imagine.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Badlander
Overbomber

Karen wrote:I also thought about a forum, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes. I'm not sure that another forum is needed?
We already have one discussion forum and one mailing list : HL and Dominion. That may be enoug, isn't it ? :wink:
BTW I quite like the fact that Dominion isn't in the links section. Sweet irony. ;D

All in all your site looks pretty sweet. :notworthy:

EDIT : I wasn't so sure about MP3s myself. If Mark says so, you'd probably better stay outta trouble.
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

hmm, far be it from me to discourage anyone from "doing their bit for the cause", but...

mp3s: we benefit from the fact that the weeding section is hidden unless you are logged in, so anyone on a witch hunt would have to go to the trouble of registering, activating his/her account, logging in and then having a peek around...

fwiw, there's also dozens of boots listed on the various filesharing sites - rapidshare etc - and stacks of them on the torrent sites like dimeadozen

there's also an ftp site run by a certain HL birthday boy - not checked it out but last i heard that was going great guns :D

if you wanted to host some boots yourself i'd suggest you consider a) can you be arsed forking out for the bandwidth when there are already more than a handful of sites that already have them and b) can you be arsed flirting with the law when there are already more than a handful of sites that already have them

in short, i'd suggest that side of things is more hassle than its worth ;) :lol:

photos: there's always this:

www.myheartland.co.uk/gallery/

while the sttructure of the HL gallery is not really geared for individual concert photos (as it stands), is certainly geared towards PR and archive photos of the sisters ;D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Karen
Road Kill

I didn't realize this was such a touchy subject and that I would get shot down on all my ideas. O.k. so, now I know what NOT to put on the site. But, I never really got any feedback on what would be a good thing to put on the site?
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Put the mp3s on your site if you want. It's always the case that when you upload mp3s, you take the risk. Though personally I doubt that Eldritch really gives a s**t if people are trading bootleg mp3s, since they were never going to be released anyway. If the files are rare, the dial-up crowd may want something, even if it's lossy.

Noticed you added the site on the Sisters Wiki main page too. 8)
Badlander
Overbomber

Karen wrote:But, I never really got any feedback on what would be a good thing to put on the site?
Top of the hat : a list of Sisters-related material. A comprehensive data base would come handy. :)
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Badlander wrote:
Karen wrote:But, I never really got any feedback on what would be a good thing to put on the site?
Top of the hat : a list of Sisters-related material. A comprehensive data base would come handy. :)
Dark wrote:Sisters Wiki
If everyone adds as much information as they can... ;)
Badlander
Overbomber

Dark wrote:
Badlander wrote:
Dark wrote:Sisters Wiki
If everyone adds as much information as they can... ;)
That's what I was afraid of. So erm... Honestly I don't really have any brilliant idea as to what this new site should contain in order to be different from the rest of them. Sorry. :oops:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Karen -no-one was being touchy actually. the legal advice and practical re. hosting boots was obviously born out of experience/wisdon/common sense and was given freely for your benefit. :wink:

obviously as far as forum's go you'd have a long way to go to catch HL. and why would you want to anyway? bringing such a disparate but fanatical bunch of people together has given us a source of info and resources that is constantly expanding. it would be a shame to see divisions occur among us.
it benefits all to have one forum -that's why other (english language) sisters fora deferred to HL and shut down.

really every single possible thing seems to be covered by the myriad TSOM sites. but....

what about a Totally Comprehensive Links Page? you could make sure you trawled the net for and encouraged submissions of links with regard to every piece of info , every resource, fanpage, downloads etc etc
and put them on your site. that way you would be providing an invaluable service not only to the fans but to the sites mentioned -who's toes you wouldn't be standing on at all.

just a suggestion. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Karen
Road Kill

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:Karen -no-one was being touchy actually. the legal advice and practical re. hosting boots was obviously born out of experience/wisdon/common sense and was given freely for your benefit. :wink:

obviously as far as forum's go you'd have a long way to go to catch HL. and why would you want to anyway? bringing such a disparate but fanatical bunch of people together has given us a source of info and resources that is constantly expanding. it would be a shame to see divisions occur among us.
it benefits all to have one forum -that's why other (english language) sisters fora deferred to HL and shut down.

really every single possible thing seems to be covered by the myriad TSOM sites. but....

what about a Totally Comprehensive Links Page? you could make sure you trawled the net for and encouraged submissions of links with regard to every piece of info , every resource, fanpage, downloads etc etc
and put them on your site. that way you would be providing an invaluable service not only to the fans but to the sites mentioned -who's toes you wouldn't be standing on at all.

just a suggestion. :von:
The forum idea was passing thought. I was just running my initial ideas by everyone to get some feedback. I like your idea of a list of links to all sites relating to TSOM. I also like the idea of trying the mp3 upload/download area for the ones that do have dial-up. I also want to continue to encourage people to use the Gallery for the images they don't post in the Gallery here, such as concert photos, Sisters related artwork, etc. I can also assign individual albums to users if they wish. They could have their own album to upload to and maintain themselves. They would have their own URL to give out for their friends, etc. Yay or Nay?? :)
James Blast
Banned

Karen wrote:I didn't realize this was such a touchy subject and that I would get shot down on all my ideas
I think previous and subsequent posts have proved that no one was being touchy or firing shots. As you also know you requested artwork from me, which I sent, so we do have your best interests at heart(land).

regards, nice pics and keep on keepin' on
James
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Karen
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:As you also know you requested artwork from me, which I sent, so we do have your best interests at heart(land).

regards, nice pics and keep on keepin' on
James
:) Thank you :)

But, which e-mail address did you send it to? I didn't receive any artwork.
James Blast
Banned

Sorry, I lost the plot last night due to being on strike and two bottles of red. What I remember through the blur is that I registered with your site and tried to upload a JPEG. It just wasn't happening. I've just e-mailed you (to the site address) a FreeHand MX file a JPEG and a PDF (that has turned the typeface into Times?!).
If they aren't good for you, let me know and I'll try an Illustrator file.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Karen
Road Kill

Was the failed upload due to the two bottles or problems with the gallery? 8) I might have you send the Illustrator file, just because I have more experience and am more familiar with Illustrator.

EDIT: Looks like I have Freehand 10 will the files work for this version?
James Blast
Banned

Karen wrote:EDIT: Looks like I have Freehand 10 will the files work for this version?
ignoring the wine section :oops: nope, but I can save it back as a version 10, MX was 11 by any other name
an AI (Spit!) version is on its merry way anyhoo :D
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Most of the website that link to supposed "great sources of Sisters information" haven't been updated in years, and most, if not all, of the links are dead links. A properly maintained list of Sisters sites would be most useful.
Karen
Road Kill

Dark wrote:Most of the website that link to supposed "great sources of Sisters information" haven't been updated in years, and most, if not all, of the links are dead links. A properly maintained list of Sisters sites would be most useful.
Thank you! :)

If anyone has any links they would like to submit, please do so. What Sisters sites do you frequent most?
James Blast
Banned

here and some dud place called 'official' :(
~ Peter Steele
Karen
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:here and some dud place called 'official' :(
umm.... next please... those are already listed. :lol:
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Karen: also consider collecting all traders' site links somewhere...there's no comprehensive catalogue of those anywhere i know of and at least i'd find such catalogue useful.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
hallucienate
Overbomber

Dark wrote:Most of the website that link to supposed "great sources of Sisters information" haven't been updated in years, and most, if not all, of the links are dead links. A properly maintained list of Sisters sites would be most useful.
I tried to do that years ago but it was a complete waste of time as there are very few TSOM sites still being updated or that have useful, original info.

You can find my attempt here but don't expect all the links to work.
Badlander
Overbomber

Karen wrote: If anyone has any links they would like to submit, please do so. What Sisters sites do you frequent most?
I like this site quite a lot. 8)
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Oh, I use www.darkalice.de a lot. Great site.
Karen
Road Kill

Here's a couple of other ideas for additions to my site.

1. Web based E-mail - Free with option to upgrade to paid (you@thesistersofmercy.us)
2. Webspace to make your own Sisters site - Free (www.thesistersofmercy.us/yourusername/)

Would anyone be interested in either or both of these ideas??