Bootleg Trading Now Open

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
Karen
Road Kill

I just wanted to announce that I have updated my site and there is now a bootleg trading section. You may upload/download your mp3's and CD cover artwork.

You will need to register before using. To download all you have to do is add a file to your "Favorites" then download as a .zip file. It is easy to upload your files too.

http://www.thesistersofmercy.us/
robertzombie
Overbomber

cheers :D

I'm a bit confused as to how you actually download stuff though :?
Karen
Road Kill

robertzombie wrote:cheers :D

I'm a bit confused as to how you actually download stuff though :?
After you have registered and logged in you may go to each file you wish to download and click on the "i" button above it to expand the file information, at the bottom of the file information is a link to add the file to your "Favorites". Then go to your "Favorites" and there will be a link in the top right corner to download as a .zip file.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Why not FLAC compress the files?
Karen
Road Kill

Karst wrote:Why not FLAC compress the files?
Mainly because FLAC files are huge files and I would run out of web space rather quickly. They also have to be converted to mp3 to be burned to a CD.

It's possible to allow FLAC files in limited quantity, or do a rotation and leave certain FLAC files up for a month or two then change them with new ones.

Give me your ideas, I'm willing to listen and make changes as necessary for everyone to be able to make use of the Trading on my site.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Karen wrote:[

Mainly because FLAC files are huge files and I would run out of web space rather quickly. They also have to be converted to mp3 to be burned to a CD.
No they don't. You can either use the FLAC converter plugin for Nero or (ideally!) convert them from FLAC to WAV then burn them to CD. This way there is no loss of quality.

http://www.bitburners.com/Nero_Audio_Plugins/

I use dBpowerAMP to convert files to different formats. To convert to MP3 though look around for v10 as the later version have limited use MP3 conversion. All other audio codecs are found on the site and can be downloaded and installed. I've generally found dBpowerAMP faster then CDex and other progs.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Karen
Road Kill

CellThree wrote:
Karen wrote:[

No they don't. You can either use the FLAC converter plugin for Nero or (ideally!) convert them from FLAC to WAV then burn them to CD. This way there is no loss of quality.

http://www.bitburners.com/Nero_Audio_Plugins/

I use dBpowerAMP to convert files to different formats. To convert to MP3 though look around for v10 as the later version have limited use MP3 conversion. All other audio codecs are found on the site and can be downloaded and installed. I've generally found dBpowerAMP faster then CDex and other progs.
O.k. I'll allow FLAC file uploads. I'm willing to give it a try to see how it will work for everyone. I installed a Help forum, if anyone has any trouble uploading those size of files or needs any help, let me know.
davedecay
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

thanks for your kind offer of web space & storage, Karen.

while many prefer FLAC/SHN/APE (lossless) files, others care less, especially if the bootleg source is dodgy to start with.

i think ultimately Karen has the say for her site, and whether FLAC files will overrun her monthly file transfer allowance.

aside from the "purity" that traders like, i'd challenge anyone to differentiate a 320 kbps LAME-encoded mp3 from a wav extracted from a lossles file, especially on a 20-year old audience recording in some small club.
czuczu
Overbomber

I wouldn't be surprised if you got a letter from a legal firm asking you not to host Sisters material - happened last time someone opened a server for boot trading.
Don't want to be negative - just passing on a bit of history!
Karen
Road Kill

czuczu wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if you got a letter from a legal firm asking you not to host Sisters material - happened last time someone opened a server for boot trading.
Don't want to be negative - just passing on a bit of history!
Thanks for your insight, but I don't see that it's any different than rapidshare or others in the like. I am only trying to help out people that have a slower internet connection to get their files faster. Downloading a FLAC file via dial-up can take quite some time, versus an mp3 file. It will also help people out as far as sending out CD's via snail mail.
robertzombie
Overbomber

I read the FAQ on how to upload songs but I can't find the actual Upload button.
Karen
Road Kill

robertzombie wrote:I read the FAQ on how to upload songs but I can't find the actual Upload button.
When you are logged in it will be in the top list of links, just to the left of the FAQ link. Let me know if you're not able to log in.
Karen
Road Kill

Just to let everyone know that ALL audio file types are now allowed for uploading. If you have any video files you would like to upload, let me know prior to uploading. I will need to know the file size, because I will need to adjust the file size permissions.
AlBéRiCk
Road Kill

Are you going to upload the rest of the DC show?
Karen
Road Kill

AlBéRiCk wrote:Are you going to upload the rest of the DC show?
I didn't upload the DC show. I will ask the person that did, and see if they have the rest of it.
paul
Overbomber

Stuff for trade:
http://home.wanadoo.nl/traders/

Only 2006, plz...

cheers,
Paul