books and the sisters....

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
delirium74
Road Kill
Location: springfield illinois, or the town of sporadic tornadic activity

i noticed that caitlin-r-kiernan is inspired by the sisters and likes to use lyrics in her stories and books. i was wondering if there were any other authors that i need to know about that like using the sisters.....
...what? you mean its not a purple rooster????well crap...
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

According to another thread here, a Dutch chappie called Thomas van Aaltens ...
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
jay
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

If you visit William Gibsons website. I seem to remember he was inspired by Vision Thing or he was listening to what Andrew was listening to
I no longer get very wrought up over the liminals

jay
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

William Gibson...

'MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE SHERATON, DR. JEEP PLAYS ON AND ON AND ON...

Bruce Sterling introduced me to Sisters of Mercy on our DIFFERENCE ENGINE tour, and "Vision Thing" became our official tour anthem; so, no, I wasn't listening to them when I wrote NEUROMANCER. I was listening to what Andrew Eldritch listened to in order to write those songs, I intuit.

He's one fine lyricist, is Andrew Eldritch."

Always thought Andrews Shanghai Tang clobber was very Gibsonesque, actually I still think he looks as though he's hanging around Tokyo knocking about with Lo/Rez
I no longer get very wrought up over the liminals