Driver

Unknown songs and demos, who wrote what, who sang what, the usual biographies, discography gubbins, photos of Eldritch with no sunglasses, etc, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, yadda....
Nick_O_Tine
Road Kill

Well, I just would like to know if "Driver" is a song originally composed by The sisters or a cover version. I am not very sure about that, I have heard is a cover version...
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

A Sisters original, as far as I know.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Big Si
School Bully

File it with Wide Receiver! :roll:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Some of the lyrics made it into Heartland:

"Lay me down the long white line,
Leave the sirens far behind me"
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

"driver" is also a legit sisters song - it was an 83 demo, parts of which ended up as "heartland" as mentioned above, and parts ended up as "body and soul".

apparently one guitar riff even made it into "this corrosion", though i havent listened to them back-to-back so cannot confirm this ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Damn. :notworthy: :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Quiff Boy wrote:"driver" is also a legit sisters song - it was an 83 demo, parts of which ended up as "heartland" as mentioned above, and parts ended up as "body and soul".

apparently one guitar riff even made it into "this corrosion", though i havent listened to them back-to-back so cannot confirm this ;)
just in case anyone new to this one doesn't follow where this info came from, its from mr marx himself :von:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
waterisnat
Road Kill

'Candle' from the 'In the Shadow of Angels" vinyl bootleg is an updated instrumental version. While Driver is vintage 1981, Candle seems to date from 1982, cut from the same cloth as Alice.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I wonder; with :von: calling the songs on SGWBM his "baby photos", what he'd call things like "Driver", "Wide Receiver", "Candle" etc. now?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:I wonder; with :von: calling the songs on SGWBM his "baby photos", what he'd call things like "Driver", "Wide Receiver", "Candle" etc. now?
I think with all photos, you have the ones that you put in the album and the ones that are left in their folder, stuck at the back of a drawer.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Dan
Overbomber

waterisnat wrote:'Candle' from the 'In the Shadow of Angels" vinyl bootleg is an updated instrumental version. While Driver is vintage 1981, Candle seems to date from 1982, cut from the same cloth as Alice.
Before that instrumental version of Driver (I call it 'Driver (Instrumental)', not Candle) came out, I was told by someone who'd spoken to Eldritch that the early version of Burn (the one on Hard Reign) was called Candle.
This makes more sense to me. Why would an instrumental version of a song have a different name?