A Question to Wiki Users

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.

Where should songs in the Wiki be linked to?

Always to the according lyrics
23%
If there is an disambiguation page, then first of all there
38%
In setlists to disambiguation pages, in track lists to lyrics
23%
Don't mind, I won't follow any such links anyway ...
15%

Total votes: 13
Being645
Above the Chemist

In the Wiki, everything can be linked to whereever one pleases.

Currently, I'm keeping it in the way that the songs in the setlists of the gigs link to disambiguation pages,
i.e. pages listing all possible further links around that song. For example http://sisterswiki.org/Dominion

Whereas when it comes to bootlegs or official albums and stuff, the songs in the track lists are linked directly to the lyrics page for that song.

Do you think that's alright the way it is or would you prefer songs be always linked to either the lyrics or the disambiguation page.
Of course, there are only disambiguation pages for such songs the titles of which do involve vids, albums, flexis or anything else.

Also, this has not yet been done for each and every setlist ... it's steady work in progress. That's why I think a desicion should be made on this issue.

Thanks for all your replies. Any further remarks are of course welcome ... :D ...
Pista
Cureboi

I'd go for disambiguation first.
From there on in, you can take it anywhere you want right?
:)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Yeah, sounds good to me.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Above the Chemist

Thanks for your replies and votes ...

Obviously, I'm the only person preferring to get from recordings, bootlegs and stuff directly to the lyrics while from concert setlists to a choice of links.

I just find it tedious to always have to go along some disambiguation page ...
On the other hand there is a choice of links that might find interest with the uninformed and/or offer the link to something others might want to read ...

so ... *sigh ... I shall adjust the whole Wiki ... with time, some time, a lot of time, actually ... :lol: ...
czuczu
Overbomber

I'd say straight to the lyrics but how would you do medleys or different arrangements? :?
Being645
Above the Chemist

czuczu wrote:I'd say straight to the lyrics but how would you do medleys or different arrangements? :?
Oh yes, the medleys and combined songs ... they are one of the most original, astonishing and impressing features of The Sisters ... :eek: :D ...

And even if someone noted down the content of each individual medley ... that wouldn't mean much ...
one can only be there at the gigs and encounter or at least hear/see it them in the recordings ... mere words and descriptions would always fall short ...

As to linking again, there is not soo much of a standardised system in it now ...
and maybe it's not really necessary to apply that all too consequently ...
or more interesting and exciting to leave a few parts open to surprise and digging ... after all it's The Sisters Wiki ... :lol: ...
moses
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:
Oh yes, the medleys and combined songs ... they are one of the most original, astonishing and impressing features of The Sisters ... :eek: :D ...
Didn't like it when Status Quo done it and I don't like it when The Sisters do it.
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
Being645
Above the Chemist

moses wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Didn't like it when Status Quo done it and I don't like it when The Sisters do it.
:lol: ... funny, no that you say it, I remember that I didn't like them, either.

I found them "escapist" ... :evil: ... nowadays I perceive them as utmost authentic, rather ... :D ;D :D ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

moses wrote:
Being645 wrote:
What about Comfortably Numb/SKOS or Teachers/On The Wire Two otherwise unplayed songs for the price of one. It's hardly Jive Bunny.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
moses wrote:
Being645 wrote:
What about Comfortably Numb/SKOS or Teachers/On The Wire Two otherwise unplayed songs for the price of one. It's hardly Jive Bunny.
The songs combined of two tracks offer, IMHO not only two-in-one but some added value through the combination as well ... ;D :lol: ...

czuczu wrote:I'd say straight to the lyrics but how would you do medleys or different arrangements? :?
I think, I see your point , czuczu ... within combined songs it is especially funny, if one part of the song is linked to the lyrics (like Comfortably Numb) because there is no further page ... and the other half links to some variety of further links ...

Also, I just wouldn't want to have to chose between Marian (Version) and Marian (song) each time ... * sigh, I think some exceptions and variances in linking should and therefore, will remain ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

I wouldn't lose any sleep over this if I were you. I for one find the wiki easy and user-friendly to navigate. :)
As someone almost once said "Sisters, it's just a click away"...
Being645
Above the Chemist

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:I wouldn't lose any sleep over this if I were you. I for one find the wiki easy and user-friendly to navigate. :)
As someone almost once said "Sisters, it's just a click away"...
Thanks, that sounds sweet ... ;D :lol: ...

and you're probably right ... the Wiki's Search does work nicely ...

and there is also the What links here option ... plenty ways to get from a to b ... :wink: ...