New thread for Geiselwind

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
_emma_
Overbomber

I suppose there was a Geiselwind reviews' thread that disappeared in the crash, so I thought starting a new one was a good idea.
In fact, I thought someone else would have done it by now, but all of you seem preoccupied with Zottegem, so let me be the first for once. :)
In short:
Not many people wearing Sisters T-shirts. Strong wind = little smoke. Stage rather big, high and pretty far from the barrier (NOT a good thing as for me). Little smoke = the lead singer obviously tense and nervous. In fact, the whole band seemed tense and nervous, and "formal" if you know what I mean (not as cheerful and relaxed as usually). The reason for this attitude was probably the fact that the audience was very specific (mainly people who had spent the whole evening headbanging to the ugly sounds of AAAARGH-URRRRGH-RRRROAR produced by hairy, big, scary males), and so it wouldn't be easy to win their hearts for a "gay band" like The Sisters (this quoted phrase is what I actually heard from one of the youngsters at the bar when he asked me why I had to go to Belgium the following day :| :roll:).
All this tension and challenge resulted in a very good show, with perfect sound (judging from the front row), perfectly played and sung. Most of the audience obviously didn't know the lyrics, so they didn't try to prove that they can sing better than Eldritch, and thanks to that he could be heard clearly. :notworthy:.
As I turned back for a while I noticed that the crowd was MUCH bigger than by any of the AAAARGH-URRRRGH-RRRROAR bands that played before. I happened to stand by a couple of girls wearing AAAARGH-URRRRGH-RRRROAR T-shirts - I'd seen them headbanging a couple of hours before, but for some reason they seemed much more themselves, and somehow happier, when they were squeaking like mice after Susanne. ;)
Conclusion: The Sisters should play such festivals more often. Oh, and bright red looks verrrrry good on :von:.
Little_Sister
Amphetamine Filth

good review emma!!!
for me it was the first sisters concert and I absolutely loved it!
I made it to the frontrow, very good view, good sound, great to hear my favourite music live for the first time :notworthy:

really nice pictures from the gig are on the site of the newspaper "Mainpost":
http://www.mainpost.de/_/tools/diaview. ... 949&list=1
made in the 80s
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

After 7 hours drive from Paris, I was happy to get there at around 6pm (thank to mappy.com).
First I try to sleep but too much noise like AAAARGH-URRRRGH-RRRROAR (other bands on stage).
Strange music & strange people, they need like paracetemol or aspirin after the show :lol: :lol: .
I look at them, they were turning the head around to do something with the hair :roll: .
If you don't have long hair, you are in trouble to dance :lol: :lol: (strange way to dance on music).

Regarding the sisters, nice show, nice voice, powerful sound, nice setlist.
To me its the best show I have seen for now.
Happy to get Vision thing at the end (did not get it during my tour SistersRoadManShow2006)
Not too much smoke this time with the strong wind :D .
I haven't seen Ben & Chris before the show :evil: (usually they come in the crowd before it)
I like the way :von: was dressed on stage

Not to many HLers there but happy to see Eggie, jenzy, Pikkrong.

Now waiting for any recording :wink:

Setlist:
Ribbons
Falaa
Crash & burn
Dr jeep/Detoantion boulevard
Will I dream?
Flood I
Still
Giving ground
Suzanne
Dominion
Summer
On the wire
Alice
Anaconda (she will, she will, she will)
Flood II
This corrosion
Lucretia

Top nte out
Temple of love
Vision thing

First time in Germany, nice people, I think my next SistersRoadManShow will be in Germany,
always want to go to this country, especially Berlin.
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Right, so I'll have a go, too...

We arrived there at around 16 h, and the parking area was still rather empty. No queue to get our wrist-thingies, just a few young wanna-be harley davidson owners and a few badly disguised Marilyn Manson fans who seemed to be totally lost...

As soon as we had everything we bumped into the usual suspects. We entered the festival area, the sound was mind-blowing and ugly (music-wise), and yes, we did see those long-haired monsters too (god I'm old and don't understand the youth of today... :wink: ). I didn't expect anything from the show, because the festival was so at the end of the world, and knowing what subcultures can be like towards music they don't know and or don't like I feared the worst. We had beer and fun meeting known and unknown faces anyway. As the night creeped in and it got later, suddenly this grandpa-like old man with a huge mustache comes on stages and announces the "sissäs of möössi". And how they come! Sound not perfect where I stood (centre frontrow), slightly too much bass, but otherwise absolutely top: not too quiet, not too loud, excellent voice, Von loud enough, and it seems they're determined to deliver their best in such a hostile environment. Crowd, at first merely a thin front row, gets bigger, has fun, cheers, applaudes. Band has fun, audience has fun, for me it was paradise again, especially as near the end a kind (but not very wise) soul decides to take me on his shoulders - what an unbelievable feeling to be up there during Temple of Love!!!!!

It certainly wasn't the riot we experienced in Zottegem on saturday, but it was a gem of an unexpectedly wonderful gig in an atmosphere that had something familylike, because it was such a tiny festival and so few known faces were there. The nicest surprise.... :D

Oh, and in my opinion the security deserves a :notworthy: because they let the moshpit do what it is supposed to do, I haven't seen such peaceful bouncers in a long while (besides in Zottegem the next day).

Btw. hello to everybody I've met there... :notworthy:
You can't fix stupid.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Thanks for reviews and pics. :notworthy: :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Eva wrote:…the "sissäs of möössi"…
:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol:
I just wet my keyboard :lol:

Most excellent reviews, all, thanks :!:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Never Land
Amphetamine Filth

Hi,

after picking up Marge in Brussels and waiting till Pikkrong (with girl) arrived in my place we went to Geiselwind.(15.45h)
After several stops and a bottle of Wodka for Marge, that was already empty when we arrived in Geiselwind :innocent: , we come to Würzburg. Large trafficjam's were our dinner, took us some hours to got through and time was clicking away. Already 23.30h and still not arrived, another trafficjam just before Geiselwind :roll: . Never Land was getting very stressed, RIGHT LANE AND BURN RUBBER :notworthy: .
Didn't want to arrive too late. By arrival, German sissies told us; "Sisters are already playing" :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
:urff:
Got in, Sisters not yet playing 8) , :kiss: , couple of beers and after 10 min :notworthy: .
Not much Sister fan's in front but those we're kicking ass :notworthy: and German Metalsissies are wathing :eek: "whatv de f**k iv thiev ?".
Really great gig, and enough place to :notworthy:

Got to sleep at 08.30h and went to a yet greater gig in Zottegem...
What a great WE.
Thanks to Pikkrong for the dvd from Krakau and the Slivovitz.
Thanks to Marge to keep me awake on the German higway by +200km/h. :notworthy: Give my something fast :innocent:
Thanks to Druide for the cd from zottegem.

A bunch off nice people with hours of discussions about The Sissies in the car :roll: :lol:
Debs on smoke Debs on weed Debs on Duvel Debs on sleep.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Never Land wrote:Hi,

after picking up Marge in Brussels and waiting till Pikkrong (with girl) arrived in my place we went to Geiselwind.(15.45h)
After several stops and a bottle of Wodka for Marge, that was already empty when we arrived in Geiselwind :innocent: , we come to Würzburg. Large trafficjam's were our dinner, took us some hours to got through and time was clicking away. Already 23.30h and still not arrived, another trafficjam just before Geiselwind :roll: . Never Land was getting very stressed, RIGHT LANE AND BURN RUBBER :notworthy: .
Didn't want to arrive too late. By arrival, German sissies told us; "Sisters are already playing" :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
:urff:
Got in, Sisters not yet playing 8) , :kiss: , couple of beers and after 10 min :notworthy: .
Not much Sister fan's in front but those we're kicking ass :notworthy: and German Metalsissies are wathing :eek: "whatv de f**k iv thiev ?".
Really great gig, and enough place to :notworthy:

Got to sleep at 08.30h and went to a yet greater gig in Zottegem...
What a great WE.
Thanks to Pikkrong for the dvd from Krakau and the Slivovitz.
Thanks to Marge to keep me awake on the German higway by +200km/h. :notworthy: Give my something fast :innocent:
Thanks to Druide for the cd from zottegem.

A bunch off nice people with hours of discussions about The Sissies in the car :roll: :lol:
Phil, my friend, I think you meant 'Lachert' every time you wrote 'Pikkrong' ;)
PS thank you for for offering your help to me (the real pikkrong) and for helping those you helped :notworthy:
do i drive
or am i driven
lachert
Overbomber

:lol: indrek, you wasn't hide in trunk then? :eek: :lol: :wink:
long live rock'n'roll
pikkrong
Overbomber

lachert wrote::lol: indrek, you wasn't hide in trunk then? :eek: :lol: :wink:
well, maybe... but in a car of another kind Belgian :notworthy:
do i drive
or am i driven
Never Land
Amphetamine Filth

pikkrong wrote: Phil, my friend, I think you meant 'Lachert' every time you wrote 'Pikkrong' ;)
PS thank you for for offering your help to me (the real pikkrong) and for helping those you helped :notworthy:
:lol:
Indeed,
still to drunk from Zottegem dear friend :D
Thx,
getting old but on this forum young ;D
Never Land
Amphetamine Filth

lachert wrote::lol: indrek, you wasn't hide in trunk then? :eek: :lol: :wink:
:eek: ,
but from who was this 1100km long noise comming from ?
;D
pikkrong
Overbomber

and back to the main topic... it's hard to add anything. I liked the sound (since the beginning of the intro) and the gig in general. and I think it wasn't only because Lorca had disappointed in the matter of sound. I like Ribbons as the first song (as I liked Crash and Burn as well).
so I was satisfied. 8) danced a lot. I was happy to get a half of the setlist and later happy to give it to a very groovy person who had got the other half. he deserves much more :notworthy:
and, of course, it was very nice to see all 'usual suspects' (as always 8) ) and to see new faces. and finally - after (almost exactly) 5 years - to meet the man who introduced this forum to me :notworthy: (the man who still isn't Pikkrong though :wink: )
and one more funny thing - I saw a German man asking autograph from someone (thinking the other one is from the Sisters - as he explained), unfortunately he didn't get the autograph because the one he asked for was not from the Sisters... but from HL... the real pikkrong... so much confusion :innocent:
PS Emma, is it you? -- http://www.mainpost.de/_/tools/diaview. ... 47#1213247
do i drive
or am i driven
lachert
Overbomber

i liked gig very much. we didn't have time to get into atmospher of same festival, as never land said, we was there just before sisters, but after short "conversation" with two german headbangers i don't think that we lost a lot. it was my first gig with such a little smoke on stage, so i can see few new things. there wasn't so many people and it was easy to get to the first row. music was good, they do it well, specially i like chris stage attitude, he didn't jump so high on snub nose, but it was obvious that he feel better and better as the sister.
ah, and i realize that heartlanders are not so scary as i think they are :wink: :lol:
thanks to phil and marge to bring us safely back home, they don't sleep as one guy do :innocent:
long live rock'n'roll
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

How many people attended to this concert ?
lachert
Overbomber

i don't know where's jenzi but there's his video from geiselwind, first two tracks:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0XLB3DQJHlY
hope he don't mind for posting :D
long live rock'n'roll
_emma_
Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:PS Emma, is it you? -- http://www.mainpost.de/_/tools/diaview. ... 47#1213247
The one on the left, with the sheepish smile.... yes. :)
_emma_
Overbomber

Eva wrote:it seems they're determined to deliver their best in such a hostile environment.
My thoughts exactly, and that's why I think they should paly such festivals more often: such environment seems to force them (read: him) to take things seriously. :lol: :notworthy:
xray999
Road Kill

Good morning,
doctoravalanche wrote:How many people attended to this concert ?
i think less than 500

cheers
Wolfgang
In the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds:
Fire, walk with me
Eva

_emma_ wrote:My thoughts exactly, and that's why I think they should paly such festivals more often: such environment seems to force them (read: him) to take things seriously. :lol: :notworthy:
True. And in hindsight I also have to admit that this festival had been organised with love and dedication it seemed to me, it was tiny, it was at the end of the world, there was hardly any of the usual consumption mania (stalls and stalls and stalls with the ever same rubbish of pseudo goffic gear)...

Oh, and not to forget: proper toilets AND toiletpaper!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
You can't fix stupid.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

that's what i liked about Zottegem: low-key, just a few of these frietkotten, a tent and a good show. Parked the car for free in the neighbourhood, no problem. Think of that when you visit these festivals with 50 bands per minute and 500000 geeks wearing Red Hot Chili Peppers longsleeves.
guns & cars & accidents
_emma_
Overbomber

Yup, there's a lot of good points about the Sisters not being as big as they used to be, and playing smaller places.
Little_Sister
Amphetamine Filth

:D MORE PICTURES!!!

the battle of metal team posted pictures from the festival:
http://www.metal-concerts.de/index.php? ... y&catid=60
Last edited by Little_Sister on 12 Jul 2007, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
made in the 80s
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

_emma_ wrote:
pikkrong wrote:PS Emma, is it you? -- http://www.mainpost.de/_/tools/diaview. ... 47#1213247
The one on the left, with the sheepish smile.... yes. :)
Awwww, cute. ;D
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Eva

dinky daisy wrote:that's what i liked about Zottegem: low-key, just a few of these frietkotten, a tent and a good show. Parked the car for free in the neighbourhood, no problem. Think of that when you visit these festivals with 50 bands per minute and 500000 geeks wearing Red Hot Chili Peppers longsleeves.
Exactly. And incredibly friendly people. Imagine two Sistersfans, on a Sundaymorning, looking like zombies due to lack of sleep, in a small village somewhere near Zottegem: Not only are the shops open and we get delicious fresh croissants, but the woman in the shop also makes some coffee especially for us, just because she can, although she actually doesn't sell any normally. Obviously we looked as if we needed some... :lol:

Belgium is always a good bet... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
You can't fix stupid.