Heckler Response

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Clownpants
Road Kill

Back in February 98 at the Forum I saw Andrew twit a guy with a mic stand who ran at him on stage during Vision Thing. Most amusing it was and he still carried on with the song like a true duke of cool. I have since wondered, has anyone witnessed any other brilliant VON responses physical or verbal to hecklers? :von:
Love, is a many splintered thing - Pass the sandpaper I'm goin in.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

I remember that - funny as fck indeed. :notworthy:

Fave response on an old bootleg is 'it's not my fault, i was born a skinny bastard'.

And the 2005 Josephs Well gig was chock full of them, largely in response to Quiffy's non-stop heckle-fest, most of which can be found on one of the threads for that gig in the archives. :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:innocent:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"thats not a heckle, it's a cry for help. But hey thanks anyway, thanks for playing"

london forum 2003

;D
sultan2075
Overbomber

"You don't even know what it is yet, chicken-shit..."
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Is there a list of Quiffy's heckles?

I personally wouldn't mind shouting for "Leave Me For Dead" :lol:
robertzombie
Overbomber

"Can we have a fast one now?!"
"Shut the fuck up!"
Tidal
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Planet Dave wrote:I remember that - funny as fck indeed. :notworthy:

Fave response on an old bootleg is 'it's not my fault, i was born a skinny bastard'.

And the 2005 Josephs Well gig was chock full of them, largely in response to Quiffy's non-stop heckle-fest, most of which can be found on one of the threads for that gig in the archives. :notworthy:
Yeah that was Newcastle '85, great one after First and Last and Always
-"Skinny bastard!"
-"It's not my fault I'm a skinny bastard."
-"I was born looking like this!"
It's good to be back
Andrei
Road Kill

Sadly, the one time I've seen the Sisters, not very many quips were made, although I've heard a few funny ones in bootlegs.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Dublin '97 was funny...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Karst wrote:Dublin '97 was funny...
for example, what ?please
sultan2075
Overbomber

Tidal wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:I remember that - funny as fck indeed. :notworthy:

Yeah that was Newcastle '85, great one after First and Last and Always
-"Skinny bastard!"
-"It's not my fault I'm a skinny bastard."
-"I was born looking like this!"

I think, from the same show, is this:

"This is for the students in the balcony... It's called 'Amphetamine Logic,' and it's about, well... logic."
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Well in Amsterdam on their last show with Ben & Chris, my hubby & I walked in on their sound-check. Ben & Chris totally focused and then Von through his shades looks up in our direction. My hubby the silly tart at the time takes a digital photo that never came out...go figure and Von stops in mid-sentence and in shock Chris glances over in our direction, at the time Ben also having stopped playing...utter silence...

...the lady working @ paridiso comes over and sighs, "this is not an easy band!" :lol: :notworthy: 8) :von:

We ushered our way out with a grin on my face. LOL!

Just before the gig, Chris was going mad between the public and was almost too late upstairs :eek: I just love him for his rebel streak. :twisted: I caught him and asked to get our tickets of Paris & A'dam signed from the both of them, he said "meet me outside afterwards" and as true as bob is my uncle he returned after the gig for a photo session and returned signed tickets and all was well...

God bless him working with such a grumpy fuckingbastard as a boss! :notworthy: :kiss: :von:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
mh
Above the Chemist

Bartek wrote:
Karst wrote:Dublin '97 was funny...
for example, what ?please
"We'll come down there and give you a really good kicking!"
"I know where your children live."
"And there I was with my trousers half off."

Handful others.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Does a speed-corrected version of the Dublin bootleg exist?
streamline
Slight Overbomber

robertzombie wrote:Does a speed-corrected version of the Dublin bootleg exist?
I've played around with it - but it still sounds wrong.

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

last timei saw the sisters at rockcity in '06 eldritch twatted a photographer lass around the head with a mike-stand -silly bitch shouldn't have been forward of the barrier in the first place. she'd probably shagged one of the angels' who work there to gain access...probably the one she went whinging to after getting slapped -who dragged her staraight out of there; von has some very good friends in very very high places within that organisation and they ain't gonna take some slack-drawered hack's side against ]his, trhat's for damn sure as mustard.

that incident was the prompt for the "a place for evrything and everything in it's place" line after crash and burn. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
kgw
Road Kill

"listen you can get these songs the right way or you can get them the wrong way if you wait ten minutes you can get them the right way so i suggest you shut up for a while and talk amongst yourselves" rock city '84
Spiggy's hat

kgw wrote:"listen you can get these songs the right way or you can get them the wrong way if you wait ten minutes you can get them the right way so i suggest you shut up for a while and talk amongst yourselves" rock city '84
I always assumed that that comment was from the promoter, or one of the crew, who came on stage during the 'technical problem'? It doesn't sound like von to me.
Give me one good reason
Spiggy's hat

One of the German boots from November 84, possibly Muster on the 17/11.

There is obviously a group of Skinheads in the audience, who chant between each song. About halfway through the gig, one of them shouts......."We are skinheads"

To which Von replies....."You are stupid."

Cue much laughter & a round of applause from the rest of the crowd. :lol:
Give me one good reason
the-happening

MadameButterfly wrote: ...the lady working @ paridiso comes over and sighs, "this is not an easy band!" :lol: :notworthy: 8) :von:
I think the lady worked at the Melkweg :!: :!:
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Spiggy's hat wrote:One of the German boots from November 84, possibly Muster on the 17/11.

There is obviously a group of Skinheads in the audience, who chant between each song. About halfway through the gig, one of them shouts......."We are skinheads"

To which Von replies....."You are stupid."

Cue much laughter & a round of applause from the rest of the crowd. :lol:
:notworthy: :lol:
kgw
Road Kill

Spiggy's hat wrote:
kgw wrote:"listen you can get these songs the right way or you can get them the wrong way if you wait ten minutes you can get them the right way so i suggest you shut up for a while and talk amongst yourselves" rock city '84
I always assumed that that comment was from the promoter, or one of the crew, who came on stage during the 'technical problem'? It doesn't sound like von to me.
it sounds like him on the recording - and i remember him saying it at the time, although it was a long time ago and of course memory can play tricks
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

"suckers"-under breath, last tour....
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Prescott

"It's not that stealthy when it's parked on your lawn."
"... because we're that kind of people."