New York [6 March]

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

I'm definitely going, and dragging along a few non-Heartlanders. Electrochrome--who I believe has the distinct honor of never having posted outside of Sisters chat!--is also making an appearance. Anyone else?

Come on, Johnny, you know you wanna... :lol:
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

CorpPunk wrote: Come on, Johnny, you know you wanna... :lol:
I really am tempted just to put the fear of God (or Johnny) or whichever Diety you worship, into you. Don't put ideas into my head Jennifer ... :innocent:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

I worship, and therefore fear, no one, apart from Very Nice Men. :lol:

"Go ahead punk, make my day," she said tauntingly.

:kiss:
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

* picks up the gauntlet *

JFK or Newark? Newark I would have thought ..? :innocent:

:kiss:

CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

Oh my god...does he know where I live?!
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

New York is the most affordable place to get a flight to, so if I can get enough money, that'd be the gig of choice for me ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
pikkrong
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:New York is the most affordable place to get a flight to, so if I can get enough money, that'd be the gig of choice for me ;D
I'm thinking about New York as well (still thinking about Las Vegas, too, although I don't know do they have tickets anymore), but a big problem could be a visa... :urff:
do i drive
or am i driven
jenzi-benzi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

there should be no visa problem, as long as you are citizen of the European Union and dont want to stay longer than 90 days (my sisters's info - she's at Canada)
btw: is anyone going to be at Montreal?
tristren
Amphetamine Filth

jenzi-benzi wrote:there should be no visa problem, as long as you are citizen of the European Union and dont want to stay longer than 90 days (my sisters's info - she's at Canada)
Yep, I'll be there.

And yes, coming from EU (well, at least Schengen) countries to Canada, or the US as far as I know, you don't need a visa.

You can check this site for the details:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/gt ... ts-en.aspx

Edited to add: Yep, looks like the new EU members still need visas. I should point out though it is likely easier / cheaper to get a visa for Canada than the US.
theraven1982
Road Kill

Sounds like it would be a fun trip... But i think it will be too expensive for someone who doesn't work at the moment, and is still recovering from newyears eve ;) ... But it would make a good reason to fly to NY.
pikkrong
Overbomber

jenzi-benzi wrote:there should be no visa problem, as long as you are citizen of the European Union and dont want to stay longer than 90 days (my sisters's info - she's at Canada)
EU citizens DO need a visa for the USA. and as I have heard, approximately 1/2 of those who endeavour to get it (in my country) can't get it (and unfortunately I am a man in age between 16-45) :urff:
do i drive
or am i driven
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

pikkrong is right, and here is the VWP-list if anyone is interested:

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/temp/w ... 990.html#2

Note that Slovenians -can- travel visa-free, no other citizens from "Eastern" Europe.

another thing: Does anyone have a tip on cheap flights from Germany to NYC? I am now determined to see NY and Philly.
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

CorpPunk wrote:I'm definitely going, and dragging along a few non-Heartlanders. Electrochrome--who I believe has the distinct honor of never having posted outside of Sisters chat!--is also making an appearance. Anyone else?

Come on, Johnny, you know you wanna... :lol:
Didn't realize it was a 'distinct honor'....but I do think I've posted a word here and there under 'Where are they now' and / or 'Reviews and Interviews'. Maybe. Is it time to diversify my portfolio?

:wink:

Anyways, yes, NY for sure, bought the ticket....and well, The Sisters at $45....can't say I'm surprised. With the state of touring for small bands in the US (and to say nothing of small, unsigned, non-material releasing bands) I don't see how they can charge any less. But worth it.

As discussed with CorpPunk, perhaps I'll catch a trip to and fro Philly for that gig...we will see. Off off chance I can get to Orlando for a night or two to catch up with an old friend AND see The Sisters.

Not sure if I can generate interest for the NY show amongst friends....so a meeting of the Heartlanders would be welcome.
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
pikkrong
Overbomber

euphoria wrote:
Note that Slovenians -can- travel visa-free, no other citizens from "Eastern" Europe.
...although our buggerment keeps still armed forces in Iraq.
do i drive
or am i driven
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

So I've heard that pre-sale tickets for the NY show are sold out, but god forbid I should manage to remember my login info to confirm. You almost heard it here first.
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

CorpPunk wrote:So I've heard that pre-sale tickets for the NY show are sold out, but god forbid I should manage to remember my login info to confirm. You almost heard it here first.
You were so scared that I might make the effort that you've bought all the pre-sale tickets yourself? :eek:

That's pure fear. :twisted:

CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

Johnny M wrote:
CorpPunk wrote:So I've heard that pre-sale tickets for the NY show are sold out, but god forbid I should manage to remember my login info to confirm. You almost heard it here first.
You were so scared that I might make the effort that you've bought all the pre-sale tickets yourself? :eek:

That's pure fear. :twisted:
Don't you just wish I had more than one... :lol:

Unless someone has a recommendation, I'll look into bars close by the venue and try to find a suitable pre-gig meet-up place. ("East village, man, just totally not my thing....")
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

CorpPunk wrote:Don't you just wish I had more than one... :lol:
:lol:

Indeed. So time to come clean methinks? :wink:

Johnny & Francis will be hitting the Big Apple with Ms Corpy as Tour Guide. :notworthy:

Johnny & Francis will also be hitting Washington the following night. Subject to Francis getting his arm twisted enough and me convincing him that it's all the rage to fly back across the Atlantic and go straight into work. All the kids nowadays are doing it. Honest. :innocent:

AND ... hot from my pm inbox ... Johnny & Ms Corpy will be hitting Philly the night after that. :cool:

So all you Yankees prepare for chaos and mayhem and the devastation that will be left in our wakes. We come in peace. We come to party. :von:

I very much look forward to meeting our Amerikan HL cousins. :notworthy:

Right, I'm off to get all giddy with excitement. :D

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

John, when you get trolleyed into 'the E.R.' (tm), could you say Hi to the cute nurse from Scooby Doo for me? Ta. :kiss:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Planet Dave wrote:John, when you get trolleyed into 'the E.R.' (tm), could you say Hi to the cute nurse from Scooby Doo for me? Ta. :kiss:
I'm sure Ms Pope (more so) in San Diego and Ms Corpy in NYC will stop me practising my Rammstein Spanish.

Maybe. :von:

Petseri
Overbomber

Johnny M wrote:
CorpPunk wrote:Don't you just wish I had more than one... :lol:
:lol:

Indeed. So time to come clean methinks? :wink:

Johnny & Francis will be hitting the Big Apple with Ms Corpy as Tour Guide. :notworthy:

Johnny & Francis will also be hitting Washington the following night. Subject to Francis getting his arm twisted enough and me convincing him that it's all the rage to fly back across the Atlantic and go straight into work. All the kids nowadays are doing it. Honest. :innocent:

AND ... hot from my pm inbox ... Johnny & Ms Corpy will be hitting Philly the night after that. :cool:

So all you Yankees prepare for chaos and mayhem and the devastation that will be left in our wakes. We come in peace. We come to party. :von:

I very much look forward to meeting our Amerikan HL cousins. :notworthy:

Right, I'm off to get all giddy with excitement. :D
Are you stalking me?
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

No. But it would be fab to meet you. 8)

Petseri
Overbomber

Johnny M wrote:No. But it would be fab to meet you. 8)
They are small towns; I am sure that we will run into one another.
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

You Yanks are so emotionally repressed.

GET FUCKING EXCITED!

Jeez. :roll:

Petseri
Overbomber

Johnny M wrote:You Yanks are so emotionally repressed.

GET FUCKING EXCITED!

Jeez. :roll:
:?: Does someone not get irony?