Esch-Sur-Alzette, Luxembourg

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
jherek
Road Kill

anyone going?

does anyone know how to buy tickets for this gig from the uk?
i've followed the link from the sisters site without much luck.

never been to to luxembourg before, so i thought this would be as good a reason as any.

anyone know anything about esch-sur-alzette, my lonely planet guide to belguim & luxembourg barely grazed the subject...

in my ignorance i hadn't realised that luxembourg was large enough to have a concert hall anywhere other than luxembourg city.
_emma_
Overbomber

I'm thinking about going there, as long as I find someone who'll drive me from Luxemburg to Amsterdam. :innocent:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

_emma_ wrote:I'm thinking about going there, as long as I find someone who'll drive me from Luxemburg to Amsterdam. :innocent:
I live right between Luxembourg and Amsterdam. I might go to Amsterdam and if you can make it from Luxembourg to Maastricht I can pick you up there.

Not sure yet though. Paris and (99%) Cologne are....
"as we walk on the floodland"
_emma_
Overbomber

I'm still not sure either which gigs I'll go to in the end. Thanks a lot for the offer anyway. :D
Indeed it seems like not too many people from here are planning to go to Luxembourg, or am I wrong? If I'm not, that would mean a rather cosy gig with enough room at the front, which is exactly what I like... Hm... [/thinking aloud]
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Emma, I'm planning to go to Luxemburg, so there'll be considerably less room in the frontrow than what you might expect.... :wink: :innocent:

EDIT: But you can have the center position as I'm on the right... :lol: Looking forward to meeting you at some point... :D
You can't fix stupid.
_emma_
Overbomber

Eva wrote:Emma, I'm planning to go to Luxemburg, so there'll be considerably less room in the frontrow than what you might expect.... :wink: :innocent:

EDIT: But you can have the center position as I'm on the right... :lol: Looking forward to meeting you at some point... :D
Believe it or not, we've met quite a lot of times actually. :D
The last time I recall was Tabor where I was standing right beside you, with no one else between us. I thought I'd say hi or something, but you were too busy smiling at the stage with your eyes almost shut, and so was I, with my eyes wide open.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Actually it is right on the French border I believe. Driven through it once - on my way to the south of France.

Tickets can be gotten here: http://www.luxembourg-ticket.lu/

Those dodge Ryanair people fly to Charloi which is quite nearby, while VLM fly from London City Airport to Luxembourg directly for those who are still in their suits. 8)
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

_emma_ wrote:
Eva wrote:Emma, I'm planning to go to Luxemburg, so there'll be considerably less room in the frontrow than what you might expect.... :wink: :innocent:

Believe it or not, we've met quite a lot of times actually. :D
The last time I recall was Tabor where I was standing right beside you, with no one else between us. I thought I'd say hi or something, but you were too busy smiling at the stage with your eyes almost shut, and so was I, with my eyes wide open.
Oh, I didn't notice... :oops: Next time please tell me, I'm much more friendly with people I know.... ;D
You can't fix stupid.
Ian P. Christ
Amphetamine Filth

tickets for luxemburg are even available @ eventim.de, too.

-> HERE
XXX
Spiggythecat
Amphetamine Filth

hi, anyone could help to find some place to rest after the gig :?:
Or any infos about facilities on Luxembourg Main Railway Station?
Do they provide towels?
And the kissing and the colours come crushing down
Karst
Slight Overbomber

_emma_
Overbomber

Spiggythecat wrote:hi, anyone could help to find some place to rest after the gig :?:
Or any infos about facilities on Luxembourg Main Railway Station?
Do they provide towels?
Well, I'll be sleeping on the night train to Amsterdam.
I mean, as long as the euphoric mood will let me fall asleep at all, which is very unlikely. :D
jherek
Road Kill

our tickets came through the post today - hurrah!

pretty good seen as i only worked how to order them on sunday afternoon

one thing though - is this venue seated or standing?

the website seems to suggest it is, as you have to select seats on the plan-o-gram to buy your tickets, or is this a universal thing & the seats are taken out for gigs?
Spiggythecat
Amphetamine Filth

jherek wrote:our tickets came through the post today - hurrah!

pretty good seen as i only worked how to order them on sunday afternoon

one thing though - is this venue seated or standing?
You really wanna seat during gig :eek:
And the kissing and the colours come crushing down
Karst
Slight Overbomber

some people have bad backs.
jherek
Road Kill

i wouldn't chose to sit at the sisters, or indeed any gig - i only ask as the booking form looked like a seating affair as you had to click on individually numbered icons to select book your tickets.
James Blast
Banned

Karst wrote:some people have bad backs.
and some are just old and like a comfy chair
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
_emma_
Overbomber

< Has anyone seen how beautiful the venue looks? It seems to be just beside a factory. I know seeing the Sisters always is an awesome experience anytime and anywhere, but this one is just so beautiful that it will definitely increase the pleasure.
In my private opinion, that is. Such places have always made me feel happy.
Badlander
Overbomber

I went to the local Fnac store this afternoon and almost got a heart attack : the Sissies and Tool were on the same poster, with only the names of the venue and the concert promoter, with no date. :eek:

Could my dear Sissies and Tool be playing Luxembourg on the same day ?

That've had been close to the ultimate double bill. So I ran home to check the venue's website, only to see that the Sissies were scheduled to play on April 29th (that I already knew) and Tool on May 31th. So the poster was misleading.
Nice try. :urff:

BTW I'll probably be at the Luxembourg gig. 8)
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Raoul_Duke
Road Kill

I've been traveling throug Luxemburg since sunday, and I was pleasant suprised to see all the SoM posters aal over the country (I haven't seen one in Belgium jet). Even the trains (I went cross-country by train) were infested with the posters. So ... I took a picture...

James Blast
Banned

thank you and welcome Raoul :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Are there any tickets left ? I am considering going to this show ...
Badlander
Overbomber

doctoravalanche wrote:Are there any tickets left ? I am considering going to this show ...
Clicky.

Edit and update : it seems that the Luxembourg venue is even bigger than the Paris Zénith : it holds 6,500 (6,300 for the Zénith) and the Sissies are playing the main hall, not the club (1,200) ! :eek: :twisted:
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Badlander, are you going to Esch-Sur-Alzette ?
Badlander
Overbomber

doctoravalanche wrote:Badlander, are you going to Esch-Sur-Alzette ?
Yup. I got my ticket, and now I'm lobbying my bro and sis very hard. They're still not quite sure, don't have the money, blah, blah, blah...
Oh and I promised Eva a drink. ;D