FIX with Craig Adams vocals

Got any interesting thoughts on a set of lyrics? Any that don't involve the word "indeed"? Find yourself struggling to decipher all those obtuse references Von makes? Read "1959 And All That" and still no clearer? Nope, us neither. Postcards found lying in a skip around the back of the Chemists can be found here... Don't say you weren't warned.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Hi! Could somebody point to the text Craig Adams cites in Fix (the version available for example on Wide Receiver bootleg) :???: :???: :???:

<font size=1>[ This Message was edited by: pikkrong on Oct 18, 2002 4:38pm ]</font>
pikkrong
Overbomber

hey, all the wiser men than i am - Hallucienate, Quiff Boy, Paint It Black, Dan etc etc etc - and of course, all the wise women - could somebody tell where is possible to find this lyrics?
hallucienate
Overbomber

fwoop, fwoop, he called us wise, he did!!!! :grin: ;D

Dunno about the lyrics for it though, I would dig out Wide Receiver and take a listen but I'm going out it 10 minutes. Maybe tomorrow.

Although I do remember reading some on the internet (see Von's first rule) that it was some sort of incantation.
Dan
Overbomber

Yeh, it's some sort of witchcraft incantation.
I'll have a go at writing it out.

(Later.....)

2nd draft, made a few corrections. I've added a (?) where I'm unsure of a word, this is mainly for the various names used. Anyone familiar with witchcraft may be able to help with the correct spellings of the names.

FIX (Craig Adams vocal)
-----------------------------------
Effigy of my desire
Hear me speak these words
noga(?) jess(?) Astrapolith Asmo poka(?) Bermona Tendatur Soynatur
I conjure you
Ministers of love and uncleanness
By him who had condemned you to hell
Do ye consecrate this wax in a regular manner
That it may acquire the desired virtue
By the power of the most holy Adonais
Who liveth and reigneth for ever and ever
Amen

Icon of my love
Take shape as i carve thee
Bless thee steady goose-twirl(?) of the art
Hear me, image
In fumigated(?) life
Ho, thou most powerful king, amod(?)
Whose absolute rule and reign is in the western quarter
Ho, thou egim(?), most strong king
Whose empire is in the cold region
Ho, thou Asmodeus
Who govern us in the south
Ho, thou avomo(?), most noble king
Monarch of the eastern world
Whose reign began from old
And will endure to the end of time
I invoke and beseech you by him who spake and it was
Whose sole world had created all
Whom all creatures obey
By the seat of his majesty
By his will and his name
By him who was before the ages
And hath created the ages
Whose name is written with the four letters
(?)jod E bav E(?)

By the enchantments and power thereof
And by all the single names of the creator
I conjure you to consecrate this image
And grant that it may acquire virtue according to our desire

Furthermost holy name Adonais
The power of which is without beginning or end
Amen

Oh my love
Three days beneath my pillow
Come to me
You will be mine for eternity

Oh my love
Three days beneath my pillow
Come to me
You will be mine for eternity

<font size=1>[ This Message was edited by: Dan on Oct 23, 2002 5:45pm ]</font>
pikkrong
Overbomber

THANX :cool: !
Jim
Slight Overbomber

It's from the book of ceremonial magic - the chapter on true black magc by AE Waite (1913)

This of course means that Crowley proabably had a hand in it too however......even though he's not the credited author.

Glad to be of help.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Brad
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Does anyone actually believe this is legitimately Craig Adams? Seems like a bootlegger's farce to me...
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Make sure you don't read it out loud, you might turn into a Gremlin.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
JansenClone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Methedrome wrote:Does anyone actually believe this is legitimately Craig Adams? Seems like a bootlegger's farce to me...
Checked this with 'the sources close to' and it his definitely him...
I am a Leeds United fan because I was very naughty in a previous life.
James Blast
Banned

Scary! ooooOOOOOH! and this All Hallow's Eve!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Dan wrote:Whose name is written with the four letters
(?)jod E bav E(?)
If it's ceremonial Magick that'll be "Yod He Vav He"; the tetragrammaton or four-letter name of God (transliterated YHVH whence Yahweh or Jehovah.)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

markfiend wrote:
Dan wrote:Whose name is written with the four letters
(?)jod E bav E(?)
If it's ceremonial Magick that'll be "Yod He Vav He"; the tetragrammaton or four-letter name of God (transliterated YHVH whence Yahweh or Jehovah.)
spot on! :notworthy:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
ianmacd
Road Kill

JansenClone wrote:
Methedrome wrote:Does anyone actually believe this is legitimately Craig Adams? Seems like a bootlegger's farce to me...
Checked this with 'the sources close to' and it his definitely him...
Reviving a cold thread, I can tell you with absolute certainty that that is not Craig Adams.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

No offence, but when JansenClone says it is Craig, I would believe him over you.

As for the lyrics, IIRC I was told that it was some kind of invocation by Crowley, which does match up with what Jim says.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

markfiend wrote:No offence, but when JansenClone says it is Craig, I would believe him over you.
:notworthy:

May I second that with a capital S E C O N D E D?!
"as we walk on the floodland"
ianmacd
Road Kill

markfiend wrote:No offence, but when JansenClone says it is Craig, I would believe him over you.
None taken, but I wasn't joking when I said that I could say with absolute certainty that that isn't Craig on the track. My source is better than sources close to Craig.

That's OK, though. I'm not offended if you don't believe me. If anything, it only adds to the amusement.

Cheers,

Ian
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

ianmacd wrote:My source is better than sources close to Craig.

That's OK, though. I'm not offended if you don't believe me. If anything, it only adds to the amusement.

Cheers,

Ian
If you mean "I happened to speak to Craig about it once and he said it wasn't him" then that's fine and I believe you. But why not just say that?

"My source is better than sources close to Craig" sounds like a self-aggrandizing line from a bad spy movie.
Dan
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:
ianmacd wrote:My source is better than sources close to Craig.

Cheers,

Ian
If you mean "I happened to speak to Craig about it once and he said it wasn't him" then that's fine and I believe you. But why not just say that?

"My source is better than sources close to Craig" sounds like a self-aggrandizing line from a bad spy movie.
Maybe it's better than that. Maybe be is Craig!
ianmacd
Road Kill

lazarus corporation wrote:If you mean "I happened to speak to Craig about it once and he said it wasn't him" then that's fine and I believe you. But why not just say that?
Well, even if Craig had told me that, I'd still only have his word for it, right?

I said that I was 100% certain that it wasn't him and that's a statement I could only make if I knew who it truly was.
Forgive my being cryptic. It's just that, after more than a quarter of a century of the myth persisting, I'm fully aware that I might not be believed when I reveal the truth.

For what it's worth, the truth is this:

In 1985, a friend and I -- we were eighteen at the time -- recorded a version of Fix with me on guitar and my friend on vocals. I plugged my guitar amp into my hi-fi in order to record it without ambient sound.

The vocals were, indeed, taken from some book of magic incantations. I can no longer remember where I found the book. Perhaps it came from the local library.

A year or maybe two later, I was heavily involved in trading tapes of Sisters gigs with other fans. Somewhat mischievously, I decided to dub a copy of our very dodgy version of Fix onto the remaining space of a few C90s I was sending out.

I can't have done it more than about four or five times, and I'm pretty sure that I wrote nothing about it on the inlay card in most cases, but once or twice, I recall writing something like "Fix (with Craig Adams on vocals)". As an impish youngster, I was probably curious whether I could start my own little Chinese whisper about the Sisters. After all, there were so many stories and myths doing the rounds at the time.

The nineties came and my life took some interesting turns. I got totally out of tape trading and, for years, almost totally out of music.

Then, the digital age arrived and it was inevitable that I'd find my way back into live music collecting, via torrents and such.

Well, imagine my surprise when I downloaded a collection of Sisters demos and outtakes from DIME in what must have been 2007, only to find amongst those rare gems a version of Fix that possibly featured Craig Adams on vocals.

I couldn't believe my ears as I listened back to an obviously high generation copy of that little ditty my friend and I had recorded more than 20 years earlier. I hadn't heard it myself in about 17 years.

I played it to my wife and then forgot about it again until recently, when I did a Google search for it and was surprised to find that it had made it onto some lyric sites and even onto a couple of silver bootleg CDs. The Chinese whisper had done its work!

Then I chanced upon this thread and you can imagine my amusement as I read that sources close to Craig had confirmed that it was, indeed, him. Either Craig's winding up his friends, or his brain is so fried that he actually thinks it might have been him, or his friends are exaggerating whatever he told them.

Whatever the case, I can tell you that it definitely isn't Craig Adams. :-)

The mischievous side of me almost hopes that I won't be believed and that the myth will continue to propagate, in spite of the truth having been told, but for anyone open-minded enough to accept the simple notion put forward by one poster in this thread, namely that it's nothing more than a bootlegger's hoax, that is essentially the truth.
Dan
Overbomber

Interesting!

I first heard of the tracks existence in 1991 when I was refused a copy on account of it being "rare". :roll: :lol: They guy had it on a cassette along with some other stuff. It was "more than his life was worth to give out a copy", etc... I'm sure we're all familiar with such things.
He was quite miffed when a few months later I was able to tell him I had a copy, and seemed surprised that the track was circulating, almost like he doubted me. :lol:

I got it from a guy who advertised in the back of the little Heartland books, part of a compilation tape (probably clumsily titled after a line from a Sisters song.)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Tell you what Ian... even if your story isn't true, I'd like to believe it.

So I'd like to retract my cynicism of before and say thank you for a wonderful story. ;D :notworthy: :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

^ yeah, wot mark said.

sounds just about bizarre enough to be true. thanks for sharing :lol: :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Silver_Owl
The Don

Great story. :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

in retrospect, the track doesn't have any hint of craig's strong west yorkshire accent on it either :|
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

No, it was me! On the grassy knoll with a candlestick no less....
&#8206;"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."