Orlando, House of Blues, March 3rd

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
Brad
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The Sisters of Mercy with The Warlocks
Friday, March 3, 2006
House of Blues Orlando
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
show time: 8:30 PM

Keep'em coming!
rwednesday
Road Kill

Yes'm. I will be there. I always pick the best days to randomly check the homepage - every six months or so. This time when I do? Bam - a tour in my neck of the woods. A very good New Year indeed.
Brad
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

So as always, looking forward to reviews, pics, and setlists.... and recordings?!
lachert
Overbomber

long live rock'n'roll
lachert
Overbomber

Monterrey story? :?
long live rock'n'roll
Azzy
Road Kill

Methedrome wrote:So as always, looking forward to reviews, pics, and setlists.... and recordings?!
Sorry, but no pics (I didn't bring a camera or my cell phone with me), definitely no audio (security was almost as tight as an international airport--at least I didn't have to take off my boots).

Despite the acoustics of the venue being fairly poor and having some morons in front of me that I desperately wanted to set on fire, the show was great!

Apparently, the set list was the same as with other dates on this tour, but not knowing this until after the show, I was pleasantly surprised with some of the song choices (holy f**k, they played On the Wire--with a bit of Teachers thrown into the middle of it!). There were a couple songs I didn't recognize (Crash & Burn and Slept, according to one of the set lists previously posted) or was only barely familiar with (Summer, Giving Ground). Aside from Dr. Jeep and Detonation Boulevard (my least favorite Sisters songs) I can't fault the list.

The performace was good, though the lead guitar parts were mixed a little low. Despite how much I love the band, Andy's never been the greatest of singers and it seems he hasn't improved any since the last time I saw them. He hasn't gotten any worse either, however, even though his age and smoking habit does seem to have limited some of his higher vocal excursions. But chances are that you, like me, weren't expecting the vocal stylings of Freddie Mercury, anyway. So while his technical ability may be sub-par, his ability to convey the lyrics in a meaningful way far exceeds many "better" singers. So, yeah, the performance kicked ass.

The only dissapointment I had with the show (other than not setting the people in front of me on fire) was that Andrew was less talkative this time. Last time I saw them (same place, circa '99?), he was definitely letting his humor out between songs (like introducing Vision thing as "the national anthem," and what not). Ah, well--a small thing.

Over all, a great show. Well worth the price of admission.
Kyn
---
"It's hard to have emotions when you're splattered, by the way."
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Honest review, therefore: Thanks! :notworthy: :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Obviousman wrote:Honest review, therefore: Thanks! :notworthy: :notworthy:
Indeed! :notworthy: