US based -HLers

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

I'd just like to say a collective cheers to all the Yoo Ess Hlers, new to the forums or not, for their feedback from the Silver Bullet tour as it progress across your 'corporate theme park' :wink: :von: . Great input, sometimes amusing ('they don't play live blah blah de-blah'), sometimes rampagingly slutty ('Oooooh, BENNNNNN!') :lol: :lol: :notworthy: , sometimes absolutely bang-on the money, always appreciated. I hope you all stick around after the tour.

Cheers, and enjoy the rest of the gigs. :notworthy: You're enthusiasm (by and large) has put me in rather a fine frame of mind for the Leeds show. 8)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
davedecay
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

been a fan since '84, so not exactly a short-timer here...
Badlander
Overbomber

Planet Dave is so right. We owe you a great deal. Oh the thrill of the tour... And to think we're still more than a month removed from the Paris gig !
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Badlander
Overbomber

davedecay wrote:been a fan since '84, so not exactly a short-timer here...
Well not since 84 myself but I've been for some time. That's the magical effect of the tour, so many new faces on this forum... :D
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Was great meeting fellow fanatics, to be honest. As I told some, I'd have gone to the shows either way by myself, so it was nice to meet some very cool folks and enjoy together, etc, etc.

Personally, I'm just very pleased they took the show back the USA after so long, even if we do live in a corporate theme park of wage slavery and office shootings. (Don't worry, our wonderful model is spreading over the West).

Anyway, wish I could be going to more. I have this crazy idea of doing a 3 day UK trip in May and hitting London and maybe Leeds. I'm very sad, yes.
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Have to agree - great to meet up with some of the US peeps the other night - always prefer to go to gigs with other people although I would have gone on my tod. Had it not been for the tour I'd probably not joined/got sucked into this board (still trying to work out if it's a good thing :lol:), and it's reassuring to know that there are still enough people out there to justify the tours!
Still on for a few beers at 6, Nick?
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

EvilBastard wrote:Have to agree - great to meet up with some of the US peeps the other night - always prefer to go to gigs with other people although I would have gone on my tod. Had it not been for the tour I'd probably not joined/got sucked into this board (still trying to work out if it's a good thing :lol:), and it's reassuring to know that there are still enough people out there to justify the tours!
Still on for a few beers at 6, Nick?
Mike,

Hell Yes. A non-existant God thought it'd be funny to have a fave band come through the neighborhood AND have work drop a pile of crap on yours truly this week. Hanging by a string to sanity over here.

So, yes. Beer. Beers. Got you the silver bullet attire (not Coors Light). 6pm.
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"