Vienna Gasometer 28/02/2011

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

On the wire and teachers.......damn.
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Nice setlist. Hope The Wire will stay on there for a while.
"as we walk on the floodland"
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Ozpat wrote:Nice setlist. Hope The Wire will stay on there for a while.
hopefully at least 'till tonight :lol: Greetings from train to Berlin...
Right On Venom And Revenge
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

crikey, i didn't know there were so many OTW nuts on this forum :lol:

@sukhoi - happy waiting outside the venue :innocent:
Back in time

Ozpat wrote:Nice setlist. Hope The Wire will stay on there for a while.
Forever
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

it was monday night, which is not the top nite out. the crowd was good, not enthusiastic but good, less people than in 2009, much less lights, no lights overhead.
the mix was good, guitars good in the mix, von a little too low, overall really loud. only (real low) bass-frequencies were booming by far too loud, dominating the whole sound. i tried various places in the venue, but it nowherer wasn't really good. that was the main low point for me.
the performance was good, not spectacular, but real good, the new balance really works and all have their share on it. the doctor broke twice but immediately managed to continue. also the boys a few times didn't get the right note. and the lights in the audience were too bright due to some beamers in the middle of the venue's roof. do the sisters love vienna?

kicking off with kiss was great, i was expecting this to happen after the budapest setlists. following with first and last and always was even better. would have preferred a few other songs, nttc especially, rain from heaven, and not flood2 as a last track in the mainset, but overall ok. as i mentioned, more was played without the strings which was s**t. the doctor had a bad day obviously, or doesn't like monday.

met scardwel which was very nice, especially a short demonstration of the real cockney.

a good night out, not top

love is just a shot away
Sita

Thanks Jost! Also for that nice picture.
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth
Location: stuck inside of my mobile with the Memphis blues again.

jost 7 wrote:it was monday night, which is not the top nite out. the crowd was good, not enthusiastic but good, less people than in 2009, much less lights, no lights overhead.
the mix was good, guitars good in the mix, von a little too low, overall really loud. only (real low) bass-frequencies were booming by far too loud, dominating the whole sound. i tried various places in the venue, but it nowherer wasn't really good. that was the main low point for me.
the performance was good, not spectacular, but real good, the new balance really works and all have their share on it. the doctor broke twice but immediately managed to continue. also the boys a few times didn't get the right note. and the lights in the audience were too bright due to some beamers in the middle of the venue's roof. do the sisters love vienna?

kicking off with kiss was great, i was expecting this to happen after the budapest setlists. following with first and last and always was even better. would have preferred a few other songs, nttc especially, rain from heaven, and not flood2 as a last track in the mainset, but overall ok. as i mentioned, more was played without the strings which was s**t. the doctor had a bad day obviously, or doesn't like monday.

met scardwel which was very nice, especially a short demonstration of the real cockney.

a good night out, not top

A great photo!
Being645
Above the Chemist

I loved that gig. For me the best so far. Sisters were really relaxed.
All over the concert was very entertaining and amusing. Where I stood
(front row right with direct view to stage) the sound was fine. Didn't even
notice the doctor crashed.

Really enjoyed that one ... ;D :lol: :notworthy: ...
paul
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:
LouLou wrote:nice setlist but why did John, I'm Only Dancing have to disappear? :(
because it's utter sh*te? :lol: :?
:lol: :notworthy:
Salome

Jost, I agree with every word! Couldn't write it better myself :.)

Here are some goodies I got from the show, you can see that the set list from the stage was really disorganized :lol: and I also got Chris's pick :D

And here are 2 videos I took:

Code: Select all

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http&#58;//www.youtube.com/embed/gmxE_Vlc49g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Code: Select all

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http&#58;//www.youtube.com/embed/hNsOsr3vQvo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
By the way, this is my first time to discover this place! It's really nice here 8)
Salome

jost 7
Slight Overbomber

found this good sounding one, the doctor and his nurse, stealing the strings of more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh-Lacfxy-U

as i said i was upset
love is just a shot away
Salome

Oh thank you!!
And there is my camera again, way in the front, right by Andrew's feet, thinking it's filming while it's actually not... Stupid technology! :.P
Nadia81

Welcome ,BTW :D
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

a positive review in the wiener zeitung

http://www.wienerzeitung.at/DesktopDefa ... cob=547012
love is just a shot away