James Blaast....R.I.P..

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

no, let's not. please.

xxx
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
christophe
Overbomber

thanks to those who attended the ceremony today.
I was there in heart :(
Another Shade of You.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Sad news. I only met him the once, quite a few years ago, but I remember him being a warm and generous man.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Dark wrote:"Now I'll have to be careful, as during the rehearsal, Molly heckled me... Over the weekend, when we received flowers for a James Blast I was very close to calling the florists and telling them they'd made a mistake. But I was quickly corrected. Some knew John even by a different name, for his love of music."

Cue giggles from the Heartland pews.

It was quite the ceremony. I was able to tell the coffin one last time that it contained a crabbit ault baistart, who should get bent. That helped.

Your good wishes were carried with us, Molly was very appreciative of the HL contingent.
Now let's never do this again. *clinky* :(
If I may add to that, another quote from the priest :

"Music, he would generously share. I was one of the people whom he shared it with, as he would blast it in the car outside before mass."

As much of a heathen scum as I may be (at one point, I thought the cross was going to burst into flames just for me being in church, another thing Blaast is laughing his erse of about right now, seeing as he did get me back into church in the end), I have a lot of respect for that priest and his sense of humor.

Addendum : for those who wondered : Blaast was cremated in a Black Sabbath shirt. Molly told me this when we said goodbye at the post-cremation lunch.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Let the stories come, people... that priest quote (priest sans capital I presume) made me snort some coffee back up the nose... :D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Izzy HaveMercy

Somethig I posted on The Farcebook but since not every HL'er is on that social rag:

James (July 26th): "Hoping to get fit for a gig in Glass~gow in Nov. - Entombed AD and Voivod!"

Well, James, not gonna happen in this life you just left (hand path), but if it may be of any solace, oor Noor did it for ya! :)

GET BENT! Guv'nor! :notworthy:

Iz.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Somethig I posted on The Farcebook but since not every HL'er is on that social rag:

James (July 26th): "Hoping to get fit for a gig in Glass~gow in Nov. - Entombed AD and Voivod!"

Well, James, not gonna happen in this life you just left (hand path), but if it may be of any solace, oor Noor did it for ya! :)

GET BENT! Guv'nor! :notworthy:

Iz.
He told me about this during our last Facetime blether on his birthday. "He's takin' her tae festivals, even at that age. He's raisin' her right."
Izzy HaveMercy

Ahráyeph wrote:He told me about this during our last Facetime blether on his birthday. "He's takin' her tae festivals, even at that age. He's raisin' her right."
:D

and also

:(

IZ.
Izzy HaveMercy

As an aside, can this topic remain stickified for a while please?

I don't want to see oor Jam~es drifting dow the board....

IZ.
Pista
Cureboi

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:As an aside, can this topic remain stickified for a while please?

I don't want to see oor Jam~es drifting dow the board....

IZ.
Done.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sam1
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I must admit..its very nice nice seeing such warm and caring messages regarding Mr Blaast..who was ,as we all know ..a grumpy old bastard!!..
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

sam1 wrote:I must admit..its very nice nice seeing such warm and caring messages regarding Mr Blaast..who was ,as we all know ..a grumpy old bastard!!..
Only those who couldn't see past the surface, or took the time to read some of the messages in this thread, would reduce the man to being just a grumpy auld fart.
Pista
Cureboi

Ahráyeph wrote:
sam1 wrote:I must admit..its very nice nice seeing such warm and caring messages regarding Mr Blaast..who was ,as we all know ..a grumpy old bastard!!..
Only those who couldn't see past the surface, or took the time to read some of the messages in this thread, would reduce the man to being just a grumpy auld fart.
He wasn't so grumpy. Prolly a bit disillusioned with the music scene which James loved so dearly, but not really grumpy.
We had some amazingly funny skype calls when I was living in Texas. James certainly left me with "other music is available" each time we spoke & he was always right.
James was the one that actually spawned my cureboi title & always called me that in emails. Knowing him, he prolly had me saved in his address book as that.
& I wear that title with pride . Heck, it's even part of my email addy!
I was even on the radio being called steve cureboi. That's his doing & on my playlist there was "other music".
He wanted to open eyes & ears. He embraced & marvelled in new talent & shared that with the people he knew (& didn't know).
& man, he could BBQ a burger like a boss!.
Last edited by Pista on 25 Aug 2016, 20:51, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Shadow_Smile
Uw voeten stinken

This sad news, I just discoverd,..........
I was quite impressed until I hit the floor,.....Isn’t that what friends are for ?
iesus
Overbomber

These sad news got me on vacations in my mountain nest :(
Condolences to family :(
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Spiggy's hat

I'm late reading about this terrible news 😞

RIP JB
Give me one good reason
SmileySister

So sorry for your loss :(
Hunslet Ramone
Amphetamine Filth

A great guy , and i actually went to a party that he invited me to which he had at his house for his birthday. Me and my girlfriend at that time travelled up from Leeds as we got an invite to this, and we went , i cannot remember how old he was ,on that date, but it was about 10 years ago. Tim Sinister or the guy in Tim sinisters picture was there on this thread. ( little guy, long black hair with a beard ) We had a great night beer was flowing , we was outside all night in the patio eating , drinking , talking music , and always remember James saying Genesis that's early Genesis Peter Gabriel was one of his favourite music , of which i love too. And we both agreed Sisters lost it when hiding behind smoke on stage most or all of their gigs. Like me James see things like it is., and he never skirted round that. Molly his mum was lovely, and loved him to bits, i could tell , how on earth she going to cope without him , at her age. life is not fair.
I go to gigs, and if there is any money left, I eat
canon docre
Overbomber

R.I.P. James, who sent me my first weed just as a welcome gift. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: And boy, I felt welcomed... :innocent:
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
sisxbeforedawn

:cry: first HL'er I got chatting to. Very sad to hear this news
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

So today is the day James and I should have spent celebrating the ten year anniversary of our friendship.Most of you here know how we ended up becoming friends. It's also the very reason I'm a member here, because he INSISTED I join and share the song with you merry band of (mostly) lovable misfits here, back then without the 'Never Land' prelude. We were very much looking forward to celebrating this day; it was one of the last things we talked about on his birthday.

So instead of doing that, I spent this past week coming up with a fitting visual and musical tribute for James. I re-recorded 'Never Summer Land', as I dubbed it after adding the 'Never Land' piece at the start of the song to surprise James when he - and Simon and Claire - were kind enough to come over for Ahrayeph's first ever concert, for which he designed the backstage passes. I still have mine and I'm sure some other people here just might still have theirs as well. I've always felt I could do better, and now I have. I'm finally happy with the way it sounds; I only wish he could have heard it, even though he was always partial to the original demo I sent him ten years ago today. This one has MAIR BASS, though...

But why stop there? As some of you know, I still have all the footage of the 22nd Movement concert - Blaast came up with the name - and as luck would have it, I happened to have three camera sources for this particular song. So yesterday, I started compiling the video to use for this anniversary release called 'Never Summer Land MMXVI', which isn't shy about being a tribute to Blaast. You can download the song on the Ahrayeph Bandcamp page, if you like, but here's the Youtube link. Some of you may even recognise yourselves, because as much as it was an Ahrayeph gig, it was also a sizable Heartland Meet...
Pista
Cureboi

:notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Pista wrote::notworthy:
Seconded, liked/favorited on my YooToob, and posted to my Tumblr. :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
spot778
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Dammit 2016 had been a VERY crap year !!!

RIP James
End of line.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Ahráyeph wrote:He told me about this during our last Facetime blether on his birthday. "He's takin' her tae festivals, even at that age. He's raisin' her right."
:D

and also

:(

IZ.
Beautiful daughter. I do remember him posting on here all the time. Very sad :(