The band 2017

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2017
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

Anybody knows who will be in the band now, as there were signs not all guitar guys would be in any longer?
Also, and that it is even more critical imo, following the rumors about that other engagement of some of the bandmembers, it seems from what i hear that this engagement was more than nicely challenging for a guitar player. For sure much more room to manouver than in the sisters regarding several guitar parts. So it is to be feared that some might be bored on stage these days after that experience. At least one knows who they are.
love is just a shot away
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

I'm not anticipating any line-up changes.
Sisters play Avenches 10.8. The band beginning with G... headlines the Alcatraz Festival in Belgium on 11.8 and Bloodstock UK on 12.8.
Band beginning with G... have nothing else booked after that. Sisters tour proper starts 1.9 with a festival appearance 18/19 Aug. A tight schedule for sure, but it fits.
flakk13
Amphetamine Filth

The other band plays in Stockholm 29/9. The Sisters play in Amsterdam 27/9 and Tel Aviv 5/10...
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

flakk13 wrote:The other band plays in Stockholm 29/9. The Sisters play in Amsterdam 27/9 and Tel Aviv 5/10...
One did wonder why the Amsterdam gig was moved to an earlier date instead of september 29 ;D

Nevermind, the Sisters are now going to seriously shake some s**t up, sound like Comsat Angels instead of a two-dimensional rock band, and have no choice but release an album since Trump did get elected.
Don't you think? :innocent:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Forget about this, other ghouys are not interested in spending their time, efforts to record album that would not bring them enough financial satisfaction. That would be pointless.

And, threre's no need to record any album since gigs are selling good enough and there's plenty of new songs on setlist.

And that new sound - why change something that works fine?
Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Bartek wrote:Forget about this, other ghouys are not interested in spending their time, efforts to record album that would not bring them enough financial satisfaction. That would be pointless.

And, threre's no need to record any album since gigs are selling good enough and there's plenty of new songs on setlist.

And that new sound - why change something that works fine?
You never know with Andrew, he made suprise changes before :D :D
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

In most i was barely rephrasing :von:
:wink:
ruffers
Overbomber

I've never heard of this other band. I may have missed something, but why's it relevant?
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

I predict the Doktor's operating system is being upgraded from OS 10.10 to 10.12
Being645
Above the Chemist

Scardwel wrote:I'm not anticipating any line-up changes.
Sisters play Avenches 10.8. The band beginning with G... headlines the Alcatraz Festival in Belgium on 11.8 and Bloodstock UK on 12.8.
Band beginning with G... have nothing else booked after that. Sisters tour proper starts 1.9 with a festival appearance 18/19 Aug. A tight schedule for sure, but it fits.
Thank you for that clarification, Scardwel .. :) :kiss: ...
EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:I predict the Doktor's operating system is being upgraded from OS 10.10 to 10.12
... :lol: ...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

I've heard some chick will sing whilst he acts like a goff bez, stage right
Goths have feelings too
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

paint it black wrote:I've heard some chick will sing whilst he acts like a goff bez, stage right
OMG! That's what's missing - get Bez on stage with his maracas - can you imagine :lol: :lol: :lol:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:I predict the Doktor's operating system is being upgraded from OS 10.10 to 10.12
You mean...

"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Pista
Cureboi

:lol: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

ruffers wrote:I've never heard of this other band. I may have missed something, but why's it relevant?
It's no secret that Ben and Chris have there own bands as well as playing for yet more as session/live guitarists. Recently they have been rumoured to both be playing in a (relatively) well known heavy metal band that has gigs around the time of the Girls tour.
IMHO they are just hired hands for said band and it will not prevent them from playing the Sisters tour.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
iesus
Overbomber

That must be 10.13 , he said 10.12, didn't he? :innocent:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

ribbons69 wrote:
ruffers wrote:I've never heard of this other band. I may have missed something, but why's it relevant?
It's no secret that Ben and Chris have there own bands as well as playing for yet more as session/live guitarists. Recently they have been rumoured to both be playing in a (relatively) well known heavy metal band that has gigs around the time of the Girls tour.
IMHO they are just hired hands for said band and it will not prevent them from playing the Sisters tour.
And who they are for TSOM if not hired hands? Of course, Chris doing lot more than just and only playin on guitar, but still AE is TSOM.
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

And does the new TSOM debut at the festivals or at the Roundhouse?

And how do shadow puppets fit into the new TSOM?
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:
And how do shadow puppets fit into the new TSOM?
The puppets would for sure enjoy themselves
love is just a shot away
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

yeah, like it's gonna be any different! :roll: you lot are soooooooooo gullible. :P :von:

EDIT: it staying as it is is a GOOD THING children. :wink:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Cedarjet
Amphetamine Filth

Something different? And why? And anybody leaving? Don´t think so: as for lives outside the Sisters- Chris has always been doing his own stuff, and why shouldn´t Ben do the same? I don´t expect dramatic changes in this respect.
The only difference will be the songs from the new album, as Trump has won the election and :von: was busy for the first half of the year recording and producing... ;D
Trying is the first step towards failure
(Homer Simpson)
bismarck

Cedarjet wrote:The only difference will be the songs from the new album, as Trump has won the election and :von: was busy for the first half of the year recording and producing... ;D
Doesn't seem inconceivable to me that he could debut a new Trump-inspired song :D
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

^ a cover of send in the clown(s)?
Goths have feelings too
hellboy69

paint it black wrote:^ a cover of send in the clown(s)?
Oh, very good! Now that i'd like to hear... 8)