The Gun Club

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
canon docre
Overbomber

A blast from the past. :twisted: Im back with a seemingly strange request: does any of you dear Heartlanders have any filmed footage of The Gun Club or Jeffrey Lee Pierce? Or does anyone of you know someone who has? I know many of you are at least old enough to have seen them live...

Its a bit far-fetched on this forum I know and we are looking elsewhere too, but maybe I m lucky....
Its for a documentary about JLP I`m doing right know.

Come on bear with me, I would do a docu about AE, if he wasnt still alive..:innocent:
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Can't help, alas, but I wish you the best with it and would like to see the finished product.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Zacharias
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Please tell when it's finished. Looking forward to this!!!
Burning 'cross the breeze.
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Filmed footage, or never before seen footage? Cherry Red records released a couple of DVDs filmed at the Hacienda some years back, now seemingly out of print, and highly priced on Amazon (UK).

You could try dropping them a line via https://www.cherryred.co.uk/contact/. My experience has been that they get back to people quite quickly - they once knocked me back for a job that they were advertising before I'd even managed to apply for it :lol:
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Yeah, I got those Hacienda dvd's. And some more stuff like the Go Tell The Mountain docu. I'll check the stack of dvd'r too as I'll have some more yummy stuff lying around. I adore the GC & JLP and play their stuff still at least once a a week...

If you need anything, pm me, J 8)
in dub we trust
radiojamaica
Overbomber

oh, & very much looking forward to that docu you're doing! Of course! :notworthy:
in dub we trust
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Can't help either, but supremely interested as well. Rooting for you!