Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
The Sisters On This Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Pista
Cureboi


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 12023
Location: Lost In A Forest

PostPost #201  Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just the three for the 5th September

New Bingley Hall, Stafford 1981

The Forum, London 2000

& a second night at Ancienne Belgique, Brussels 2017
_________________
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days
TheCureCommunity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Being645
Above the Chemist


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 11081
Location: ... where all the fevers grow ...

PostPost #202  Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

... the only one confirmed gig for this day in Sisters History is -

the second London Forum show of the Trip The Light Fantastic Tour in 2000.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Being645
Above the Chemist


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 11081
Location: ... where all the fevers grow ...

PostPost #203  Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

September 7th saw The Sisters of Mercy @ F-Club, Leeds for one of their very first gigs ... Very Happy ...
and more than 30 years later @ DOCKS, Hamburg last year ... Very Happy ...


In addition, they were scheduled to play their first concert ever in Japan in 1998, but that undertaking did materialise only in 2011 ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Being645
Above the Chemist


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 11081
Location: ... where all the fevers grow ...

PostPost #204  Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

8th September?

- the Golden Summernight Festival in Ahlen, Germany 1984

- the concert at La Riviera, Madrid, Spain during the Trip The Light Fantastic Tour

- and last year's wonderful concert at Trädgår'n, Gothenburg, Sweden

mention might also be made of the second cancelled Akasaka Blitz gig in Tokyo, Japan 1988
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pista
Cureboi


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 12023
Location: Lost In A Forest

PostPost #205  Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The 9th September is well represented with 5 shows played

East Side Club, Philadelphia 1983

Loreley Amphitheatre, St Goarshausen 1984

Palau Olimpic, Barcelona 2000

Razzmatazz 2, Barcelona 2016

Arenan, Fryshuset 2017
_________________
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days
TheCureCommunity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pista
Cureboi


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 12023
Location: Lost In A Forest

PostPost #206  Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A couple of shows on 10th September

9:30 Club Washington DC 1983

Reverence Valada Festival 2016
_________________
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days
TheCureCommunity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mothra
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 16 May 2006
Posts: 420
Location: looking for the can in the candy store

PostPost #207  Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pista wrote:
The 9th September is well represented with 5 shows played

East Side Club, Philadelphia 1983

Loreley Amphitheatre, St Goarshausen 1984

Palau Olimpic, Barcelona 2000

Razzmatazz 2, Barcelona 2016

Arenan, Fryshuset 2017


I missed the biggest single day haul yet! I turn my back for one minute...

Back to a paltry two gigs that took place on 11th September:

Madrid, 2016 https://sisterswiki.org/Sun,_11-Sep-2016
&
Malmo, 2017 https://sisterswiki.org/Mon,_11-Sep-2017
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Being645
Above the Chemist


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 11081
Location: ... where all the fevers grow ...

PostPost #208  Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Sisters only 12th September gig ever was last year @Columbiahalle, Berlin, Germany
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Being645
Above the Chemist


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 11081
Location: ... where all the fevers grow ...

PostPost #209  Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After one questionable and one cancelled gig in the 1980s, The Sisters of Mercy played Circo Volador in Mexico City on September 13th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pista
Cureboi


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 12023
Location: Lost In A Forest

PostPost #210  Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

14th September shows up just twice with...

The Channel, Boston 1983

Klub B90, Gdańsk 2017
_________________
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days
TheCureCommunity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Being645
Above the Chemist


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 11081
Location: ... where all the fevers grow ...

PostPost #211  Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

15 September ...

1983 - New York - Danceteria

2017 - Warsaw - Progresja
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mothra
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 16 May 2006
Posts: 420
Location: looking for the can in the candy store

PostPost #212  Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Three gigs have occurred on the 17th September:

1983, Danceteria, NYC https://sisterswiki.org/Sat,_17-Sep-1983

2016, Opera De Arame, Curitiba, Brasil https://sisterswiki.org/Sat,_17-Sep-2016

2017, Alter Schlachthof, Dresden https://sisterswiki.org/Sun,_17-Sep-2017
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mothra
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 16 May 2006
Posts: 420
Location: looking for the can in the candy store

PostPost #213  Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And two for today (both recent):

2016 - Rio https://sisterswiki.org/Sun,_18-Sep-2016

2017 - Stuttgart https://sisterswiki.org/Mon,_18-Sep-2017
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pista
Cureboi


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 12023
Location: Lost In A Forest

PostPost #214  Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

September 20th & it's all aboard the A38 ship in Budapest 2017
_________________
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days
TheCureCommunity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mothra
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 16 May 2006
Posts: 420
Location: looking for the can in the candy store

PostPost #215  Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And today (22nd September), we have three that did happen, and one that didn't:

1983, Manchester Hacienda (https://sisterswiki.org/Thu,_22-Sep-1983)

1984, York Racecourse (https://sisterswiki.org/Sat,_22-Sep-1984)

2016, Lima (https://sisterswiki.org/Thu,_22-Sep-2016)

and the one that got away was 2011: (https://sisterswiki.org/Thu,_22-Sep-2011)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed


Joined: 24 Mar 2005
Posts: 6763
Location: far beyond the black horizon

PostPost #216  Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mothra wrote:
And today (22nd September), we have three that did happen, and one that didn't:

1983, Manchester Hacienda (https://sisterswiki.org/Thu,_22-Sep-1983)

1984, York Racecourse (https://sisterswiki.org/Sat,_22-Sep-1984)

2016, Lima (https://sisterswiki.org/Thu,_22-Sep-2016)

and the one that got away was 2011: (https://sisterswiki.org/Thu,_22-Sep-2011)

...and of course theres the secret jumping-out-of-EMWK'S-cake gig they did at mine for my 48th 2 days ago....or did i dream it? Razz Our fearless leader!
_________________
"..a right hand is a horrible thing to lose...."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pista
Cureboi


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 12023
Location: Lost In A Forest

PostPost #217  Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

& on the 24th September, we got this little lot

Roseland Ballroom, New York 1999

Blondie23, Santiago 2016

Freizeitzentrum West, Dortmund 2017
_________________
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days
TheCureCommunity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mothra
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 16 May 2006
Posts: 420
Location: looking for the can in the candy store

PostPost #218  Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Mothra wrote:
And today (22nd September), we have three that did happen, and one that didn't:

1983, Manchester Hacienda (https://sisterswiki.org/Thu,_22-Sep-1983)

1984, York Racecourse (https://sisterswiki.org/Sat,_22-Sep-1984)

2016, Lima (https://sisterswiki.org/Thu,_22-Sep-2016)

and the one that got away was 2011: (https://sisterswiki.org/Thu,_22-Sep-2011)

...and of course theres the secret jumping-out-of-EMWK'S-cake gig they did at mine for my 48th 2 days ago....or did i dream it? Razz Our fearless leader!


Did they play any new songs, or did Von say anything about a new album? Did YCBTT get an airing? Was there any new merch for sale? Think that covers all the usual questions. I trust Sabine will update the Wiki page. (belated happy birthday Very Happy)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed


Joined: 24 Mar 2005
Posts: 6763
Location: far beyond the black horizon

PostPost #219  Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mothra wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Mothra wrote:
And today (22nd September), we have three that did happen, and one that didn't:

1983, Manchester Hacienda (https://sisterswiki.org/Thu,_22-Sep-1983)

1984, York Racecourse (https://sisterswiki.org/Sat,_22-Sep-1984)

2016, Lima (https://sisterswiki.org/Thu,_22-Sep-2016)

and the one that got away was 2011: (https://sisterswiki.org/Thu,_22-Sep-2011)

...and of course theres the secret jumping-out-of-EMWK'S-cake gig they did at mine for my 48th 2 days ago....or did i dream it? Razz Our fearless leader!


Did they play any new songs, or did Von say anything about a new album? Did YCBTT get an airing? Was there any new merch for sale? Think that covers all the usual questions. I trust Sabine will update the Wiki page. (belated happy birthday Very Happy)

thank you! as for the other, the tradition with these sorts of things is UTTER secrecy. sorry. Our fearless leader! Razz
_________________
"..a right hand is a horrible thing to lose...."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

 


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group  ·  Heartland supports phpBBHacks.com
Theme and Graphics by Quiff Boy, Tim Blackman and those nice people at ibplanet.com