Who's your number 2?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

Fields
Golden apes
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

I agree with swinnow. There's a group who I think perform better live these days. So that group is no1 Sisters I guess no2. Is that allowed? :wink:
mh
Above the Chemist

mh wrote:Theatre of Hate
Killing Joke
Adam and the Ants

I do like me some of the tribal stuff - on the whole "Cowboys and Indians" thing, I come down on the side of the Indians.

Also quite partial to the whole Spacemen 3/Spiritualized/Spectrum axis, and related bands such as Loop.
At this stage I really need to add the Gun Club. Been on a major Gun Club trip this past coupla years.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
SmileySister
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Fields of the Nephilim
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Mr Hankey / Rammstein / Vitalic / REM / Metallica / Ian Brown-Stone Roses / Akira Yamaoka / the dudes wot wrote the soundtracks to Bloodborne & Dark Souls, depending on circumstances or time of day.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

A few yrs ago I bought a Chris Starling CD called "Planet Painkiller" at the time I thought he is very talented. So today Chris is N03. Not forgetting Chris rip
sultan2075
Overbomber

elamanamou wrote:A few yrs ago I bought a Chris Starling CD called "Planet Painkiller" at the time I thought he is very talented. So today Chris is N03. Not forgetting Chris rip
Yeah, he was an excellent songwriter. If you've not heard the two Starlings records (1992's Valid and 1994's Too Many Dogs), I highly recommend them.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
frederik
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Fields of The Nephilim
Lacrimosa
The m*****n (oeps sorry)
Skinny Puppy
Depeche Mode
GC
Slight Overbomber

Fields of the Nephilim
Pet Shop Boys
Rammstein
Nick Cave and TBS
Leonard Cohen
New Model Army
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

sultan2075 wrote:
elamanamou wrote:A few yrs ago I bought a Chris Starling CD called "Planet Painkiller" at the time I thought he is very talented. So today Chris is N03. Not forgetting Chris rip
Yeah, he was an excellent songwriter. If you've not heard the two Starlings records (1992's Valid and 1994's Too Many Dogs), I highly recommend them.
I believe his wife has passed too? :cry:
Pista
Cureboi

The Cure.

Although I think they may be my number one currently.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
mugabe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

sultan2075 wrote:everything after Zoon is garbage
�Everything after Zoon� *is* Mourning Sun. At least it’s an album of actual, new music. Not too shoddy either, I might add.

I like Bethlehem, the band. Not afraid of change.
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
sultan2075
Overbomber

mugabe wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:everything after Zoon is garbage
�Everything after Zoon� *is* Mourning Sun. At least it’s an album of actual, new music. Not too shoddy either, I might add.

I like Bethlehem, the band. Not afraid of change.
To be fair, I don't quite recall writing that :innocent:

"Garbage" is too strong, though I don't care for Mourning Sun very much. I think it is undermined by poor production. I do very much like the Prophecy single, though, and hope for a new album.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.