2021-09-10, Roundhouse, London UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

paint it black wrote: 06 Aug 2021, 17:26 Flags- a range of flags would be very popular
:lol: Yes! :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

paint it black wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 20:01 Has anyone received their physical tix yet?
physical tickets weren't even an option when i bought mine. ive either got to print the bloody things out or hope my phone stays powered up enough to show themm the barcode in the email. ive no idea why it wasnt an option - its not like i wouldnt have had to pay for them.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 04:49
paint it black wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 20:01 Has anyone received their physical tix yet?
physical tickets weren't even an option when i bought mine. ive either got to print the bloody things out or hope my phone stays powered up enough to show themm the barcode in the email. ive no idea why it wasnt an option - its not like i wouldnt have had to pay for them.
Same. Waiting for an email is strange and unusual, though I guess it's preferable to the retinal scan tickets of the near future ;D
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Planet Dave wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 11:17
Same. Waiting for an email is strange and unusual, though I guess it's preferable to the retinal scan tickets of the near future ;D
i only had the fukks-saking facts-forsaking vexing vax-scene jab so they could hurry up & beam the Sisters straight into my BRAIN....(OK and for the mega-brilliant space-age cutting edge bio-tech chimpanzee dee-en-ay) :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 15:27
Planet Dave wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 11:17
i only had the fukks-saking facts-forsaking vexing vax-scene jab so they could hurry up & beam the Sisters straight into my BRAIN....(OK and for the mega-brilliant space-age cutting edge bio-tech chimpanzee dee-en-ay) :von:
:lol:

round 2 tomorrow, after which I expect my Soliton Radar to function perfectly. Avoided it like the plague (oo, prolly not the best comparison) until it was obvious which way the wind was blowing.
mr flood 81
Road Kill

Tickets bought for all nights.

HFC ole!
mh
Above the Chemist

This one's now a definite for me as well - all 3 nights, of course! :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I have tickets for this gig, but to be honest, haven't decided yet whether to travel from Ireland for it. Covid and all that.

I'm fully vaccinated but not sure I want to be in a gig environment just yet, let alone an airplane, tube etc. Will probably decide the week of the gig, although that means that flights are gonna cost me.
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Seems the Roundhouse have moved to digital tickets only. There's an update here... if you haven't got a smartphone you need to contact them.
There's info about the bars, masks etc.. distancing.

https://www.roundhouse.org.uk/faqs/digital-tickets/
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Dr. Moody wrote: 10 Aug 2021, 17:26 Seems the Roundhouse have moved to digital tickets only. There's an update here... if you haven't got a smartphone you need to contact them.
There's info about the bars, masks etc.. distancing. [/url]
Thanks for the heads-up...or wake-up. I'm beginning to have doubts if I could enjoy this at all, or rather, I've decided I can't. Testing before departure, PCR test after arrival in London despite being fully vaccinated, and then registering and mask-wearing at the venue etc.
I have decided to wait until spring and see how the gig setup will be then. This also means I have 3 tickets (1 per night) to offer at a reduced rate if anyone is interested, PM.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Mask wearing is optional and all rules on the site are under review and August. Importantly, from September the plan is to be full capacity no social distancing. In which case masks etc are silly
Goths have feelings too
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Anyone else gonna ask for a refund on the extortionate postage costs? Digital only was already an option, so the difference should bevrefundable?
Goths have feelings too
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Thanks for the heads-up regarding the tkts Doc, my nokia barely has a QR button let alone code facility, have duly emailed them.
Memphis Rich

I have a barely functional steam driven phone, which is definitely not smart in any way. I got around this by paying an extra £2.50 to collect the tickets on the day from the Box Office. Collection is any time after 5pm, I am told. I'm not going to this one but am going on Sat./ Sun.
Words are just turds
In sewers of sound
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Have decided (sadly :cry:) that it's too early for gigs with no or very little social distancing. Not to mention flying, trains and buses to get there. :cry: :cry: :cry:
The Chancer Corporation
Todashi

Yeah, I'm in two minds about this. If you're in the UK, this might seem odd, but in Ireland, we're a lot more cautious in terms of our covid measures.

I'd be a lot happier if there was some communication from The Roundhouse about how they intend to handle things. I want to know if they're looking at full capacity, or a percentage of normal full capacity? Are they going to be looking for negative tests on entry, or European covid certs etc?

At the moment, the thought of being in a sweaty heaving mass of sisters fans sounds simultaneously great and a bit scary.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Todashi wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 10:40 I'd be a lot happier if there was some communication from The Roundhouse about how they intend to handle things.
Ask them, they're on the ball with replying to queries and I'm sure they'll answer you as best they can :)
Todashi

Fair enough. Just tweeted at them to ask them. We'll see what they say.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Cool, I know jack all about twitter but if by some chance you don't get a reply here's a link to the page they suggest contacting them on :)

https://www.roundhouse.org.uk/email-us/

I mailed them via above last night about tickets and had a reply waiting this morning saying pick them up on the door. Sorted.
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth
Location: stuck inside of my mobile with the Memphis blues again.

Completely agree.

I believe that September gigs will be at full capacity.
https://www.roundhouse.org.uk/faqs/covi ... formation/
"Presently, events from September 2021 will be at full capacity with relevant safety measures as per the latest UK-Government guidelines."
Todashi wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 10:40 Yeah, I'm in two minds about this. If you're in the UK, this might seem odd, but in Ireland, we're a lot more cautious in terms of our covid measures.

I'd be a lot happier if there was some communication from The Roundhouse about how they intend to handle things. I want to know if they're looking at full capacity, or a percentage of normal full capacity? Are they going to be looking for negative tests on entry, or European covid certs etc?

At the moment, the thought of being in a sweaty heaving mass of sisters fans sounds simultaneously great and a bit scary.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Here we go, the airline cancelled my flight back home on September 13, apparently lots of September flights are being cancelled at the moment UK-EU due to demand far below what was expected. I guess I'm not the only one who thought it would be much easier to travel to London when vaccinated.
Todashi

The Roundhouse replied to my tweet with the following:

"While it's not mandatory to take a test before attending an event at our venue we do encourage doing so.

More information about Covid FAQs can be found on our website here, we will be updating it whenever we receive new information: https://www.roundhouse.org.uk/faqs/covi ... formation/ "
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Todashi wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 16:29 The Roundhouse replied to my tweet with the following:

"While it's not mandatory to take a test before attending an event at our venue we do encourage doing so.

More information about Covid FAQs can be found on our website here, we will be updating it whenever we receive new information: https://www.roundhouse.org.uk/faqs/covi ... formation/ "
If it had been compulsory to be vaccinated I might have considered it. But travelling from Derry to Belfast on a bus, to London on a plane and then on the tube etc doesn't fill me with joy either. Next time hopefully! Though I may be pestering someone to get me a t-shirt! 😉
The Chancer Corporation
Back in time
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Vaccinated - checked
Tickets - checked
Flight - checked
Hotel- checked

For all three night, naturally.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Definitely out now, everything cancelled, but still hoping they play many new songs and that you all going have a great time :)

Selling my tickets (1 each to all three nights) for £30 each or £80 for all three, so no profit, just trying to minimize losses. Will provide Letter of Authorisation if you like,
https://www.roundhouse.org.uk/faqs/your ... lses-name/ even if all tickets are digital now it's still good to have.
PayPal preferred mode of payment, PM if interested.