New interview with Andrew (US tour 2023)

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
doctor_jeep
Amphetamine Filth

Aaaand the US tour promotion machine is starting:

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/bv-interv ... usic-more/

Pretty interesting in parts, and he gives a quite lovely shoutout to Mr. Catalyst.
Clearly now the past mistakes
The giant steps we had to take
The path that ever promise made to
Die in dream dissolve and fade
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

He was definitely in an upbeat mood for that one eh? And yes the bit about "the fellow that [Dylan] replaced" is great :)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
doctor_jeep
Amphetamine Filth

Yeah, he's obviously not good with names :lol:

I was actually kinda surprised about an interview coming up before the dates are even confirmed on The All-Knowing Website.
Clearly now the past mistakes
The giant steps we had to take
The path that ever promise made to
Die in dream dissolve and fade
Rantz Hoseley
Road Kill

Really rather terrific interview with his Vonness!

MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Yes, that’s an excellent interview!
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
kafka
Amphetamine Filth

It's nice to see him saying nice things about Chris, isn't it? And I think he's getting a bit more self-aware/honest in his dotage... "Or maybe I'm just lazy, or maybe I can't decide on the definitive version of anything."
[repeat x40]
ROBBIE
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I love the reply to the question….🤣🤣🤣

Andrew, I have to tell you, this is a true story, I was at a bar last night and the DJ played your cover of "Jolene."

Oh, dear. Did some redneck try and shoot you?
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
iesus
Overbomber

That was an interesting read. Though i was interupted 4 times and haven't finished it yet. :lol: :bat:
I see strong positive feelings from :von: towards Chris :D . No matter if the memory fails him with the names the overall is good emotions about. :bat:
Also it is amusing how he realises that music industry is a damage beyond repair and no light at the end of the tunnel ;D
Waiting to see his reaction after that tour, the country is not the same country he did the tour 15 years ago. Curious about what he will see there :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
sultan2075
Overbomber

The key words, I think, are “I will” :lol:

(this is the point when you look at your Polaroid picture of Von on which you’ve hastily scribbled “don’t believe his lies”…)
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

This is the most open he has been about a new record in a while, without immediately shooting down the question. Exciting stuff!
:von: Check out my Artwork: https://x.com/NicksArtCorner :von:
czuczu
Overbomber

Contractual obligation #1 complete!

Can some please get him on a podcast?
Pista
Cureboi

Merged with the other thread :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
GC
Slight Overbomber

H. Blackrose

"[Chris Catalyst] is still a lovely person and one of my closest friends"

Considering Eldritch's personal relationships, I don't think that's saying much

I also liked the bit that the promised Trump concept album might still happen, but he didn't get around to writing "Eyes of Caligula" until Thatcher had been dead for years, so don't hold your breath
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
NOF
Road Kill

Code: Select all

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/bv-interview-the-sisters-of-mercys-andrew-eldritch-talks-us-tour-system-of-a-down-new-music-more/
On that, and I'm sure other people have brought this up before, but there was an interview going around in 2016, where you are quoted as saying, "If Trump gets elected, that will be reason enough for me to make a new record." And I have to tell you that, when Trump got elected, the only silver lining was remembering you said that.

I will. But one of our new songs is my final word on Thatcher. It takes me a long time to do the final word. It's called "Eyes of Caligula," and it's a very good song. It's called "Eyes of Caligula," because I think it was President Mitterrand, it was one of the French presidents, said, "That woman has the eyes of Caligula," and he was damn right. But that song was written in, I don't know, 2020, 2021, something like that. It's quite recent. And that's my final word on Thatcher, And she's long dead. It takes me a while to deliver the final word.
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Such a tease.
Pista
Cureboi

All 4 submissions merged. :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Great interviewer who didn't let that new album question slip away, can't remember when I saw that last time! He just didn't let :von: off the hook and finally got the "or maybe I'm just lazy" reply. And always good with an interview with the man himself instead of Ben being sent out, who is nice and talkative but can't really answer decisive questions because he just isn't the boss.
Todashi

Nice to see Von be kind about Chris. It costs nothing and while they obviously have a private relationship that isn't exposed for general fans to see, life is short.

Chris is a great guy who gave a huge amount to the Sisters. It's good to see him recognised a little in this way.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Excellent, an interested and engaged interviewer generates an interesting and engaging interview. Fancy that. And if it all goes tits up, blame Serj :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

This was a fun read! I'm taking "I will" to mean that he will remember SAYING it :D
Being645
Above the Chemist

Lovely, I particularly like the updating comments on all the stuff going round over the past few days... ;D ...
Thanks for the link and thanks to the interviewer, who did a great job... :D :notworthy: ...
nightmusic
Road Kill

Hi,

Don't know if this is already posted here somewhere (couldn't find it), there is a nice interview ahead of the US tour:

Not much new, but interesting nevertheless...
Pista
Cureboi

nightmusic wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 15:06 Hi,

Don't know if this is already posted here somewhere (couldn't find it), there is a nice interview ahead of the US tour:

It's been posted once or twice. ;)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
nightmusic
Road Kill

Pista wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 15:36
nightmusic wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 15:06 Hi,

It's been posted once or twice. ;)
Ha ha oops!

Wasn't aware of this section (Reviews and Interviews) so now I know!!! Thanks, Pista.