Pukkelpop 2001 footage

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

Hey all, just recently I've dusted off my old VHS and started to digitally capture tapes. First tape I did: Pukkelpop in 2001. Great gig, unfortunately not so great video. I had to cut after the 4th song as everything went black on the tape, with only the music to hear. For the really bad parts I patched over with existing footage, plus I mixed in the audio recording to improve the sound. See & listen for yourself:

It'd be great if the original tape would surface with better quality, would really love to get my hands on that :-)
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
czuczu
Overbomber

I had a copy of this fogfest!
I'll have a look but I fear disc rot will have got there first..
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Your efforts are hugely appreciated no matter the outcome, nice one and thanks for sharing Jan :D :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

czuczu wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 16:18 I had a copy of this fogfest!
Still worth a look :-) Maybe there's a way to expand my current efforts
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

Planet Dave wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 16:24 Your efforts are hugely appreciated no matter the outcome, nice one and thanks for sharing Jan :D :notworthy:
:notworthy:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Planet Dave wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 16:24 Your efforts are hugely appreciated no matter the outcome, nice one and thanks for sharing Jan :D :notworthy:
I couldn't agree more. Thank you very much ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Thanks Jan. I listened to this earlier today :notworthy:
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
czuczu
Overbomber

Jan wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 16:26
czuczu wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 16:18 I had a copy of this fogfest!
Still worth a look :-) Maybe there's a way to expand my current efforts
Had a look, can't find it, sorry!
The box I did find finishes with Hildesheim 2000 so there's another box somewhere in the mysteries of my loft.. I just haven't a clue where :(
rysh
Road Kill

Thanks for sharing. I was at the concert and had a great time. Also liked the cover they did of The Rubettes with the great guitar sound of Mr Whammy.