2023-09-22 The Roundhouse, London, UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2023 tour.
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 08:30
Incoming! wrote: 11 Sep 2023, 23:51 Um...how do I know the HL people. I'm a bit of an introvert and I don't want to go up to random people and say "Hi, I'm a lost American. Do you post on the HL forum?" I'm kind of hoping for a group with matching cowboy hats to differentiate you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is precicely why I've never met any of you lot. Been to the enterprise, been to the roundhouse many times, never worked up the courage to go up to strangers. I'm an anxious mess on a good day.
LyanvisAberrant, see my reply to Incoming :D
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Gothicbiff wrote: 13 Sep 2023, 20:27
Incoming! wrote: 11 Sep 2023, 23:51 Um...how do I know the HL people. I'm a bit of an introvert and I don't want to go up to random people and say "Hi, I'm a lost American. Do you post on the HL forum?" I'm kind of hoping for a group with matching cowboy hats to differentiate you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Incoming, I too am an introvert
But 2 years ago I put my brave pants on and approached 2 people in The Enterprise. Turned out to be the utterly lovely fellow HLers, Planet Dave and Charlie :D
I'm staying at The Enterprise and arriving around lunchtime on Friday. I plan to be wearing my HL tshirt on arrival
Blimey Liz, clearly you'd set your brave pants to 'chatty as fck' mode, I couldn't get a word in edgeways between you and Charlie :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: you're lovely and we're looking forward to seeing you again :D as well as everybody else, that monumental covid-defying glorious 40th Anniversary weekend seems a looooong time ago now :von:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
LyanvisAberrant

Noted! Ah well i will be the lanky looking thing with messy curls and sunken eyes probably looking for the nearest place to roll one up. Haha. Would be lovely to meet you all!!! X
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 14 Sep 2023, 11:52 Noted! Ah well i will be the lanky looking thing with messy curls and sunken eyes probably looking for the nearest place to roll one up. Haha. Would be lovely to meet you all!!! X
A prolific creator of quirky Sisters covers? We'll just look for the line of folk queueing for an autograph! :wink:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
godgirl
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 05 Sep 2023, 06:09
godgirl wrote: 03 Sep 2023, 11:34
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 07 May 2023, 16:50 This night is my birthday. So after the gig i will be heading off to continue my celebrations. Obviously all of you beautiful people are more than welcome to join us. At the time of writing i'm planning on going to Club Antichrist whch is a fetish/burlesque all-nighter affair
You're on your own with that one, absolutely not! :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK, health and cats are one factor, but I actually have a deep antipathy towards most "alternative" events and anything to do with fetish culture! Plus have you see the prices?

If I remember to, I might bring you a card or something. 8)

Obviously if I hear of anything better, will let you know, chances are nothing else on the Friday as no clubs like to clash these days as the catchment crowd is so limited.
There's more likely to be someone throwing an "unofficial aftershow" disco somewhere on the Saturday night.
The plans for Friday have changed with the bailing out of the occasion by my sister Lucy who is the performaance/ caberet / burlesque fetish secretary here on WhizzWorld. Unless an actual event/club night is happening nearby the night will most likely be me and erudite trawling crawling trolling and rolling around ol Camden Town with any HLs who fancy seeing the second night strung out and hungover. just about to buy my ticket down so that me as good as there. :von:
This is on Saturday night, Lee. I did say I'll let you know if anything else would be happening at the weekend.
Sorry your Friday plans are a bust but you could "move" celebrations to Sat night and argue that you're a day younger or you're on Hawaii time or something?
:lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

FB event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/304036342068542
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

@godgirl aw thank you for this but i am booked on the last coach out of That London on the Saturday night as i have other birthday-related engagements to fulfill here in the English Eastmids on the Sunday. Annoying to be this popular without even trying right? :lol:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

Someone got the tickets from Ticketmáster uk??
Started to be worry
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

dtsom wrote: 18 Sep 2023, 06:31 Someone got the tickets from Ticketmáster uk??
Started to be worry
From the Roundhouse website...

If you’ve booked your ticket via another ticket agent such as Ticketmaster or DICE: you will receive instructions on how to access your digital ticket once it is available to view in your wallet. This information will be sent to the email address you booked with. Agency tickets are typically available in the wallet 24-48 hours before the show, depending on when the Roundhouse receives information from the ticket agent. The instructions will be sent to the email address associated with the order. To ensure you receive the instructions from us, add hiya@roundhouse.org.uk to your email address book.

If that's any help?
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 18 Sep 2023, 08:17
dtsom wrote: 18 Sep 2023, 06:31 Someone got the tickets from Ticketmáster uk??
Started to be worry
From the Roundhouse website...

If you’ve booked your ticket via another ticket agent such as Ticketmaster or DICE: you will receive instructions on how to access your digital ticket once it is available to view in your wallet. This information will be sent to the email address you booked with. Agency tickets are typically available in the wallet 24-48 hours before the show, depending on when the Roundhouse receives information from the ticket agent. The instructions will be sent to the email address associated with the order. To ensure you receive the instructions from us, add hiya@roundhouse.org.uk to your email address book.

If that's any help?
Indeed It does
I must wait a bit more It seems
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
mh
Above the Chemist

I always buy from the Roundhouse itself; digital tickets have just come through in the past few days. From memory, and with physical tickets or collections, they always go right down to the wire on the day itself, but they are utterly reliable nonetheless.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
mh
Above the Chemist

This is precicely why I've never met any of you lot. Been to the enterprise, been to the roundhouse many times, never worked up the courage to go up to strangers. I'm an anxious mess on a good day.
You're formerly Motz, yes? I think we did meet, once, years ago. :bat:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
mh
Above the Chemist

abridged wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 11:29
LyanvisAberrant wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 10:07
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 08:53
i could be helpful and post a picture of myself? then you will know at least one of us to avoid? :lol:
Had me in stiches, haha. If needs must! I'm quiet and shy, then again, guessing some of you are also. Would be good to put names to faces none the less x
There will be a couple of Irish guys, one with a Guinness and Blackcurrant, the other (MH) looking askance at the one with blackcurrant in or outside the Enterprise. We're friendly so say hello! :-)
I'll be wearing a red carnation in my lapel. The passphrase is "snow on the river and two by two".
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

mh wrote: 18 Sep 2023, 13:25 I always buy from the Roundhouse itself; digital tickets have just come through in the past few days. From memory, and with physical tickets or collections, they always go right down to the wire on the day itself, but they are utterly reliable nonetheless.
Interesting. I'm going to Bristol and the digital tickets arrived a few minutes after I ordered them back in June. I used SEE tickets.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

Well I had no choice but to buy from Ticketmaster. And no I've not received that fancy email yet. So I'll probably be at the box office promptly at 5:00 each night talking nicely to someone on how to proceed; as I've not received my fancy email.

I'm going rogue for my choice of t-shirt. I'm wearing my "Vought International" t-shirt. It's comfy. I've never been defined as cool so.... :lol: If anyone is really just waiting to have a discussion on what it means to be a Budget Analyst, I'm your girl.

I leave on Tuesday. I'm going to Churchill's Chambers if anyone is interested....(crickets)

Now that I've over shared, I look forward to being shoved into one of you by some drunk person either at the bar or the arena.
This place is death with walls
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Incoming! wrote: 18 Sep 2023, 23:39 Well I had no choice but to buy from Ticketmaster. And no I've not received that fancy email yet. So I'll probably be at the box office promptly at 5:00 each night talking nicely to someone on how to proceed; as I've not received my fancy email.

No e-mail here yet either, I'm sure it will turn up, or they'll just appear in the Ticketmaster app.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
eastmidswhizzkid

i dont know about you lot but the weekend is starting to look within touching distance and the excitement levels are gradually creeping up. so its a 24 audio marathon at a volume level i am cvomfortabble with -next door probably less so - and a big bag of persian carpets. Slainte! 8) :von:

eastmidswhizzkid

mh wrote: 18 Sep 2023, 14:24
i remember Motz! i didnt know these were the same person. Hi mate!

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 19 Sep 2023, 13:25 i dont know about you lot but the weekend is starting to look within touching distance and the excitement levels are gradually creeping up. so its a 24 audio marathon at a volume level i am cvomfortabble with -next door probably less so - and a big bag of persian carpets. Slainte! 8) :von:
:lol: :notworthy: yes indeed Brother, am now officially on annual leave, Charlie is, uhm, 2 hours from the end of her last shift, nowt but giddiness haircuts and trains between now and the Enterprise. Reckon we'll be there around 2ish, we got you a prezzie of course so hopefully see you in there before we go queue to pick up our tickets etc. Been on a Roundhouse vibe today, bootlegs of the Doors, Motorhead's very first gig and Sunday night 2021 been rolling out the speakers. Can't wait to be back there for SistersFest 2023 :von: 8) :D :D :D
mh
Above the Chemist

I'm checked-in for my flights, got my boarding passes, marking off the days on my calendar.
LyanvisAberrant

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 19 Sep 2023, 13:26

Hello!! Unfortunately not Motz. Have always been LA, since i were a wee lad. Haha.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Craig Fox
Road Kill

ribbons69 wrote: 19 Sep 2023, 01:42
Incoming! wrote: 18 Sep 2023, 23:39 Well I had no choice but to buy from Ticketmaster. And no I've not received that fancy email yet. So I'll probably be at the box office promptly at 5:00 each night talking nicely to someone on how to proceed; as I've not received my fancy email.

No e-mail here yet either, I'm sure it will turn up, or they'll just appear in the Ticketmaster app.
Hi - yeh weve ordered through Ticketmaster last few times and its been fine.
I tend to worry and prefer a ticket in my grubby mitts - but have been to Roundhouse last 4 times and all's been well. Usually get email notification on the same day then you can view and I usually screen shot. Panic ye not
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Craig Fox wrote: 19 Sep 2023, 15:14
ribbons69 wrote: 19 Sep 2023, 01:42

Hi - yeh weve ordered through Ticketmaster last few times and its been fine.
I tend to worry and prefer a ticket in my grubby mitts - but have been to Roundhouse last 4 times and all's been well. Usually get email notification on the same day then you can view and I usually screen shot. Panic ye not
Likewise. Apparently the Roundhouse send them out 24-48 hours before the gig. I still worry too!
The Chancer Corporation
mh
Above the Chemist

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 19 Sep 2023, 15:06
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 19 Sep 2023, 13:26

Hello!! Unfortunately not Motz. Have always been LA, since i were a wee lad. Haha.
Ah never mind, pull up a pew and have a drink anyway! :notworthy:
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

Gothicbiff wrote: 13 Sep 2023, 20:27
Incoming, I too am an introvert
But 2 years ago I put my brave pants on and approached 2 people in The Enterprise. Turned out to be the utterly lovely fellow HLers, Planet Dave and Charlie :D
I'm staying at The Enterprise and arriving around lunchtime on Friday. I plan to be wearing my HL tshirt on arrival
I've packed my brave pants and will do as you did. Just say hello and go from there. Thanks for the support. :D
This place is death with walls
FireInReptileHouse

Now in for this and Saturday :von: :von: :von:
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us