Sisters of AI

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
headcleaner2k
Road Kill

Any thoughts on AI versions of the new song catalogue?
iesus
Overbomber

there is already around an AI thread about Sisters lyrics...
*SPOILER ALERT... - they suck big time.... no ai can write lyrics like :von: does :P
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

iesus wrote: 29 Sep 2023, 17:45 there is already around an AI thread about Sisters lyrics...
*SPOILER ALERT... - they suck big time.... no ai can write lyrics like :von: does :P
Yeah, but I reckon @headcleaner2k point isn't on AI lyrics, but on AI Vocals (train a model with all the studio material, interviews, etc etc), record a vocal track yourself, and then use the model to replace your voice by Von's voice.

Like this:
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
sultan2075
Overbomber

Husek wrote: 29 Sep 2023, 17:55
iesus wrote: 29 Sep 2023, 17:45 there is already around an AI thread about Sisters lyrics...
Yeah, but I reckon @headcleaner2k point isn't on AI lyrics, but on AI Vocals (train a model with all the studio material, interviews, etc etc), record a vocal track yourself, and then use the model to replace your voice by Von's voice.

Like this:
God God, that's horrifying. I'll never sleep again.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

We don't need an AI Eldritch, we already have the Merry Thoughts! Plonkers on youtube already get them mixed up :D

Mind you, if you listen to their song Low Violet, the similarity to Von is IMHO pretty remarkable...
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Esoterica
Road Kill

Since AE loves his computers so much, AI should be just the thing for him!
Dan
Overbomber

Oh that AI Hussey is pisspoor.
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

MrChris wrote: 29 Sep 2023, 18:22 We don't need an AI Eldritch, we already have the Merry Thoughts! Plonkers on youtube already get them mixed up :D

Mind you, if you listen to their song Low Violet, the similarity to Von is IMHO pretty remarkable...
I know their lyrical depth doesn't reach the heights of Eldritch's writing, but man I would take another MT album or something, some of their songs are pretty good.
:von: Check out my Artwork: https://x.com/NicksArtCorner :von:
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

Since The Merry Thoughts are from my hometown, it's worth mentioning that they renounced being similar to the Sisters on purpose as often as AE denied leading a Goth band ;-) tMt are not active anymore, and dearly missed.
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
satanarchist
Road Kill

Jan wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 20:56 Since The Merry Thoughts are from my hometown, it's worth mentioning that they renounced being similar to the Sisters on purpose as often as AE denied leading a Goth band ;-) tMt are not active anymore, and dearly missed.
A travesty that their releases were not pressed to vinyl.
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

Jan wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 20:56 Since The Merry Thoughts are from my hometown, it's worth mentioning that they renounced being similar to the Sisters on purpose as often as AE denied leading a Goth band ;-) tMt are not active anymore, and dearly missed.
Dang that's unfortunate but not unexpected (that they aren't around anymore.) Hopefully they could come back together some day especially since Goth music is having a bit of a revival as of late.
:von: Check out my Artwork: https://x.com/NicksArtCorner :von: