2023-11-15 The Marble Factory, Bristol, UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2023 tour.
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth
Location: stuck inside of my mobile with the Memphis blues again.

Thanks for the merch prices and pictures.
Phantasmagoria
Road Kill

Great gig! Just got home. I felt my age a bit, as I spent the first two-thirds of the performance giving it my all and then had to retire, overheated and broken, to the sidelines for the last third. Need to learn to pace myself better now that I'm into my fifties! Or get fitter. It was hot in there though, and absolutely packed to the rafters.

Wore my Heartland "Forum Thing" t-shirt proudly throughout, and picked up a tour hoodie and a Driven Like The Snow - "Where the sky meet the ground, where the street fold round" - lyric shirt from the merch stand. Nod to a favourite song and much more appropriate than wearing my old "f**k Me and Marry Me Young" one from the NEC '92 shows, at my antediluvian age. My other half got an Afterhours shirt, which I would've if she hadn't. All very nice, albeit pricey! As previously stated in this thread, £30 for a shirt and £60 (ouch) for a hoodie.

My 15-year-old son didn't buy any merch, but his girlfriend got the basic new Merciful Release logo shirt - she already loved the Sisters and it was nice to have been able to accompany her to her first proper gig and for it to be this lot in particular. That's a moment there. If the Sisters had been my first gig, I'd have been living off that story for years... my first gig wasn't half as awesome.

The girls were great - Andrew seemed well and sounded on good form, and it was wonderful to see Kai with the band for the first time (for me) - their showmanship, musicianship, energy and just sheer, exuberant enjoyment to be playing these songs was a f**king joy to watch. Exhilarating stuff.

Wolverhampton... you're in for a treat!
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Sisters gig #29 for me and one of the best I've seen. Von was nice and loud in the mix, as was the bass and the good Doktor. Decent view as well even from the back, which won't be the case on Sunday in Nottingham. Looking forward to Wolverhampton tonight now.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Cheers for the reviews, music to our ears is that :D :notworthy: the journey from Leeds to Wolverhampton begins shortly, wishing everyone going a brilliant night out, as always these days first and foremost it's fingers crossed for a gig, and then fingers crossed for another superb gig :von:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
maggieloveshopey
Road Kill

Enjoyed that a lot. It was a blast to finally properly hear all the new songs that I've been caning the recordings of, they sounded great and were the highlights of the show for me. Andrew's voice was strong (in the context of Andrew - for most other frontmen I would describe it as "audible"), and he seemed to be in a good mood - he teased us before the "there was a North" refrain in Caligula by saying "you southerners won't understand this next bit". Also have to second the appreciation for Kai upthread - they seemed to be really enjoying themselves up there, loads of energy and enthusiasm. I did randomly meet them in Bristol on Tuesday afternoon and had a brief chat, they seemed like a very nice and very humble person. Hope they become a longer term addition than just filling in the weird circumstances of this tour.

Only slight disappointment for me was that the crowd was fairly static, at least where I was (about a third of the way back, on the right hand side). They were noisy and seemed to be enjoying themselves but a bit more movement would have been nice. I guess we are all a bit more mature these days though.

Can't see that anyone's posted a setlist, but no surprises - pretty sure it was the same as the last few shows. Enjoy the next few gigs if you're there, should be a top night out
nomad
Amphetamine Filth

Well that was fun!

Best sound and view I've had at a Sisters gig for ages and they seem a well oiled machine which is impressive given the circumstances.

Love how well the newer songs sit with the classics.

Second the comment above about the crowd although it sounds like I was standing next to you so we probably had the same experience!

Swallowed my financial principles and bought a tour shirt (obvs).

And bumped into Scardy! (obvs).
Being645
Above the Chemist

:D ... thank you all for the reviews and the merch photos ... :D ... the new Driven Like The Snow shirt is a lovely addition to the current series ... ;D ...

I've found some first videos on YT ...

Marian & Giving Ground ... especially the latter sounds great ... :notworthy: :D ...

:bat: Alice ...

:bat: On The Beach ...
DomConway
Filth

It was soooooo good! All Sisters on top form, Von’s voice high in the mix and sounding stronger than I’ve heard it for ages. Absolutely stonking version of Summer too, always so happy to hear that.
the only thing to fear is fear itself
Being645
Above the Chemist

Here's the page for it, with a few more videos ... :) ...

https://sisterswiki.org/Wed,_15-Nov-2023