Sisters 2024?

Are we still here!? Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2024 tour.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Hi mods

Can we archive 2023 and start up 2024 please? Tis difficult to track 2024 gigs news on a small screen
Goths have feelings too
Pista
Cureboi

What with the search borking up the server load, this hasn't been top of the list.
Stay tuned....... ;)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

At this rate the Sisters will release their next album first :kiss:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
G_Paul_K
Road Kill

Hi! I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but what I am sure about is that you've all followed the "live news" page longer than me. Right now there are a few dates in June and two standalone dates in August and November. We're in May already, so I don't suppose we're having any more June dates. What about later in the year? How long in advance do tour dates appear? While it might be plausible for them to have a single gig in Belgium in August, it makes little sense to me that they'll go to Madrid and that's it, done.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

G_Paul_K wrote: 03 May 2024, 10:21 Hi! I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but what I am sure about is that you've all followed the "live news" page longer than me. Right now there are a few dates in June and two standalone dates in August and November. We're in May already, so I don't suppose we're having any more June dates. What about later in the year? How long in advance do tour dates appear? While it might be plausible for them to have a single gig in Belgium in August, it makes little sense to me that they'll go to Madrid and that's it, done.
I agree, though more in hope than expectation. From memory they announced a November festival all alone by itself in Belgium in 2016 (Sinners Day) and then slowly but surely further dates morphed around it until it became a one or two week tour.

Whatever happens, it'll be easier to keep up with it all on here if this post was in the brand spanking shiny new Sisters 2024 forum, eh Steve :wink: :kiss: :notworthy: :innocent:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Pista
Cureboi

I'll give Barry a prod again.
Setting up a new board isn't in my tool box but it's certainly in his.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Pista wrote: 03 May 2024, 14:21 I'll give Barry a prod again.
Setting up a new board isn't in my tool box but it's certainly in his.
Apologies Steve, I thought it was. In which case... Oi! Barry!
Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Eh, 26 date North American tour for September through to October.

Looks like that stint of playing US gigs last year paid off. Some tour promoters' interest have clearly been piqued.

Damaged+Done
Road Kill

Yeah, just saw this! Now that was unexpected!
merrisl
Amphetamine Filth

Amazingly we were already going to be in NYC on Sept 20th !!!!
Merrisl + Mrs Merrisl for the Roll Call when we get a new thread :eek: :D :D :D
flowers_to_burn
Road Kill

Before my American partner and I met irl we joked about doing a Sisters roadtrip if they ever did another US tour. SoM was one of the first things we connected over. The tour last year ended up being the catalyst (hurr) to meet as the dates worked in our favour, and said roadtrip did ensue.

Guess I'll be booking my 5th trip then. :lol: :eek: :bat:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

merrisl wrote: 06 May 2024, 15:02 Amazingly we were already going to be in NYC on Sept 20th !!!!
Merrisl + Mrs Merrisl for the Roll Call when we get a new thread :eek: :D :D :D
Come off it mate we all know you booked the gig! Nice work soldier :lol: 8) :notworthy: must admit I've always hankered after seeing them play Radio City, for no apparent reason but hey.

Awesome for the US, good job getting giddy in advance and anticipation folks :D
Pista
Cureboi

Just spoke with Barry.
Hopefully a 2024 board & other tweaks by the weekend.
Fingers crossed
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Todashi wrote: 06 May 2024, 14:33 Eh, 26 date North American tour for September through to October.

Looks like that stint of playing US gigs last year paid off. Some tour promoters' interest have clearly been piqued.

Oh wow ... :eek: ;D :notworthy: ... that looks great ... ;D ...
Last edited by Being645 on 06 May 2024, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

This is actually amazing. I'm not even going to be there, and I'm still excited...
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

Man i'm so excited, just last night i was thinking about how i hope the sisters visit America again soon, because i loved their NYC show last year. Now, not only are they coming back, but this time they are stopping in my town (charlotte) so i don't have to drive 12 hours to see them :lol: :lol: :lol: this is going to be sick! Sad i don't get to see them perform with Dylan again because he did an amazing job last year, but from what i've seen of Kai its going to be just as awesome!
:von: Check out my Comic series: https://unhingedcomic.com/ :von:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Best news I've had all day! Might actually make it to this one (assuming tickets aren't priced at Oligarch level)!

[edit] Been checking out some Blaqk Audio - very reminiscent of old Wolfsheim stuff, which is nice.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Anywhere pre or post local(ish) I wonder? Leeds or the like? I'd love to go to New York but unless there's an upturn in arts funding this year it's a bit out of my league at the moment! ;-)
The Chancer Corporation
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

abridged wrote: 06 May 2024, 18:29 Anywhere pre or post local(ish) I wonder? Leeds or the like? I'd love to go to New York but unless there's an upturn in arts funding this year it's a bit out of my league at the moment! ;-)
Same, but they'd have to quadruple the amount they pay care assistants before I could dream of it. Ah well. Still reckon there's more chance of a few euro shows around the Madrid gig though, just a matter of where.
satanarchist
Road Kill

Hope it's a different (enough) setlist than the last one I saw twice.
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Planet Dave wrote: 06 May 2024, 18:37
abridged wrote: 06 May 2024, 18:29 Anywhere pre or post local(ish) I wonder? Leeds or the like? I'd love to go to New York but unless there's an upturn in arts funding this year it's a bit out of my league at the moment! ;-)
Same, but they'd have to quadruple the amount they pay care assistants before I could dream of it. Ah well. Still reckon there's more chance of a few euro shows around the Madrid gig though, just a matter of where.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for a few EU shows later in year.
Sadly America is a physical challenge too far for me :(
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Todashi

Haven't seen the girls in a few years, so I'm thinking maybe NYC might make for a fun weekend.
sultan2075
Overbomber

What an unexpected surprise. I'll probably do Pittsburgh (McKees Rocks) and maybe Dallas or Baltimore.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

And it's on the site - seal of approval.
H. Blackrose

... Weird to see that people are unambiguously excited about this. As opposed to dreading the inevitable cancellations and consequent pitchfork/torches mobs, once Von's health issues inevitably rear their heads.

This is a bad move. Von should be taking a year off at least.
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."