The Sisters Of Murphy LIVE, Sun June 27th.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Dave Whelan wrote:
Ed Rhombus wrote:The number of bum notes that Rent-a-Plank will hit
Uh oh. Inter-band tension, leading to musical differences, followed by a spell in rehab? Try not to implode before the gig, boys. I'm rather looking forward to it.
Having rehearsed with Rob from Rhombus just a couple of days ago im sure he will be absolutely fine.... though i imagin the heckling from other Rhomboids is quite likely to be hilarious!

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Dave Whelan wrote:SG - you gonna be singing with them again, or what?
Unfortunately this is looking doubtful.....

Paddy.
Ice*Maiden
Road Kill

I'll be there, just pissed off fate has dealt me a terrible blow by not enabling me to heckle Di. (who was, guttingly, quite good last time)
God Told Me To Do It..
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

love you too ya big tw*t.
Only a paand.
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Well that was jolly fun.

Good crowd, good set and with Paddy's new guitar he could guest with Alvin Stardust or the Glitter band
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Jolly fun is indeed the word. *Waves at everyone who was there but I didn't speak to. If you see what I mean.

Sorry and all that.

Mucho respect and :notworthy: to Johnny Boy, Ce||Three, Thrash, Dave, QB, and anyone else I did talk to :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Yep, fab night. They're (you're) quite good, aren't they / you. Good Things, Nine While Nine and Lucretia were seriously corking. Nice one boys and girl. Didn't notice your new guitar, Paddy, Mya's dancing seemed to attract most of my attention. :innocent: :roll: :D How did you all fit on that stage? Looked like a Noel's House Party Challenge.

Roll of honour...

Johnny Boy - pleasure and a privilege mate - Peterbrough 83 indeed. Yikes and double yikes. Always nice when someone else plays Dad. :lol: One thing - next time bring yer dancing shoes. Or air guitar. 8) :D Quiffy knows the score - the perfect air guitar foil, duck walk and all. Nice one QB. Good to see you again.

Also excellent to meet Markfiend, CellThree, Paddy (I'll send you that 'Tallica boot as soon as I get it), Thrash (again) and Lars. Top gentlemen one and all.

Shoot me if I've forgot anyone, but I think that's it. To my credit, I've made down the M1 in spite of a beauty hangover and essence of vodka everytime I swallow.

Now I'd best go save some lives. God help 'em.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Gotta say the Smurphs were better than I thought they would be, I really enjoyed it! And Mya was certainly better to watch on stage than Paddy.

So great to meet all the people that I did in the end, pretty much all the people that were listed above! As others have said, it's good to put Usernames to faces, although trying to remember the real names as well started to escape me.

Still can't believe Izzy and Vision came all the way over from the continent for Saturday night. It was good to meet you both.

Thanks for Quiff for the organisation and also for the record as well! Well worth another bash I think, so should be up for that one.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
keys
Road Kill

Great couple of nights in Leeds...

Quiffy of Quiffster... get some more Armageddon nights pencilled in, young sir... excellent set of tunes... and great lights and smoke! :D

Big thanks to Paddy and the rest of the smurphs for allowing me to be 'temporarily bastard smurph' for a day! Really enjoyed the set. Hope i didn't offend any purists by straying too far from the 'rhythm guitar norm'... and Paddy did an excellent job of hiding my odd mistake behind his usual spectrum of colourful fret-w*nking! :notworthy:

Hope all is well with the expectant father, Mr Ian 'Ryhthm Smurph' Pringle... once she pops, she won't stop!

...right... i'm off to polish of me guitar for our string of Rhombus dates which start on Thursday...

It's goth... but it's good! :wink:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

keys wrote:...i'm off to polish of me guitar...
Never heard it called that before! Image
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
keys
Road Kill

markfiend wrote:
keys wrote:...i'm off to polish of me guitar...
Never heard it called that before! Image
Complete with yellow duster and Dunlop Formula 65 polish for that extra sheen! :roll:
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Hmm, only 24 hours ago I was arriving in Leeds and now I'm home. It was a bit of a whirlwind but to continue the backslapping ...

@ Markfiend - Great to meet you. Bloody goth! Actually did you notice the place was full of them ..?

@ Dave Whelan - How could I compete with you on the dance floor? I was too busy running a book on how many illegal substances you'd consumed to shake your booty in such a fashion. Besides, I left the dad dancing to Thrash.

@ Paddy/Smurphs - Top gig! On more than one occassion I closed my eyes and it sounded pretty damn convincing. On other occassions it was just like a Sisters gig lost in the drifting clouds of smoke.

@ QB - Nice to meet you. Perhaps you and Dave should have a shot at Come Dancing?

@ C3 - A very brave man to stay sober with all us drunks yelling and spitting in your ear hole.

And finally Mr and Mrs Thrash for playing mein hosts. Thank you very, very much. Enjoy the champagne. :notworthy:

If anyone is ever in Leeds I can throughly recommend Thrash Harry's 90min walking tour. Made a nice change to actually see the city and the old Sisters haunts. And if you're really nice to him he'll drive you down to 7 Village Place, Burley ...

So apologises to anyone I missed. Bumped into, literally. Or spilt your drink. Top nite out. Respect to all.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Last edited by Loki on 28 Jun 2004, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

@JB: Glad you got home safely. Thankyou for the gifts. It was a pleasure.

:notworthy:

I told you they were bloody good didn't I?

:notworthy:
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Ian - Rhythm Smurph
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Glad it went well and sad I missed y'all.

Thanx to Rob Rhombus for keeping my seat warm and performing admirably! Normal service will be resumed soon!

No sign of Rhythm Smurph jr yet – 9 days overdue and counting …..
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Johnny Boy wrote: @ QB - Nice to meet you. Perhaps you and Dave should have a shot at Come Dancing?
Dancing with orgasms? Fantastic. :D :twisted: :D
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Loki

Dave Whelan wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote: @ QB - Nice to meet you. Perhaps you and Dave should have a shot at Come Dancing?
Dancing with orgasms? Fantastic. :D :twisted: :D
:eek: :eek: :urff:

Pervy Ravey Davey ... :innocent:
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Right then !!!

Top gig, made all the better for meeting JB, Markfiend,Dave and Cell3 !!! and of course for seeing Mr and Mrs Thrash. I know im leaving someone out here...(down the front taking photos...) so sorry!!!

Rob did great, thanks for thet fella! Very rawk Alice.

I managed to have an outing with a new geetar which was fun to say the least.... Quiff made it clear i was to use it from now on.... and Lars!!!! man how could i forget you! dude!!!!!

Smoke Floods and Stolen Goods...

What more can i say, GREAT weekend!

Paddy.
Loki

Padstar wrote:Very rawk Alice.
Appears Mrs JB has that captured on her mobile voice mail. :roll: Hazy recollections of coming out of the gents at the top of the stairs just as it started and thinking it would be a super duper idea to call here so she could listen. :oops:

Bless her though, she had kept it (presumably to embarras me) and I've just listened to it and it still sounds mighty, mighty fine! :von:

Paddy is a silver shiney, glittery, Les Paul Rock God. Fact. :notworthy:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Johnny Boy wrote:@ Markfiend - Great to meet you. Bloody goth! Actually did you notice the place was full of them ..?
Yeah yeah yeah. You're only jealous coz I've got hair. :lol:

Oh, and Paddy, you guys were fucking good!
—Bertrand Russell