Do we have to shout?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Getting my retaliation in first. Just for a change.

Joan is now qualified to drive a taxi in Leeds. The Warehouse? The Phono? Your choice. Pick up from 7 Village Place? No problem. We won’t be needing one home cos we’ll have spent all our money on weak lager. The Lights will lead us back.

I hope they’re not going to pump this much smoke out all night. Fortunately not.

The Body Electric finally got to make a fool of itself with Lucretia.

Mrs T: Who’s the guy in the frilly shirt?

Moi: You mean Richey?

Voices off: This one’s for the fashion victims.

Mrs T: You like this one don’t you?

Moi: I don’t know. I haven’t figured out what it is yet. Oh no. It’s the wrong version. They should be slamdancing. They’re waving their arms in the air and smiling for chrissakes. :notworthy:

Human Fly. Electricty. Blue Monday.

Moi: You’ve got to dance to this, surely :?:

Original Miserable Bastard: Bugger off. That’s practically an armful.

Mrs T: You know I don’t like The Sisters Of Mercy.

Moi: Why do you insist on coming then?

Mrs T: Cos they’re all such lovely people.

Moi: Aye. You don’t feel threatened when you go to the toilets ,do you.

It’s been emotinal.

Boys do cry.

God knows I’m good.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Thrash Harry wrote:Voices off: This one’s for the fashion victims.
:notworthy: And how eerily prophetic that comment turned out to be. :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

I can't do bitchy today. I take my hat off to anyone who actually still stays in a room with me when I'm hamming it up.

Thank you to the organisers of the Goth night for allowing me to maintain my tradition of being the last one to get thrown out. You'll be pleased to know that I will not be bothering you again. You are much too nice. I would find it much too hard to maintain my reputation as a miserable bastard.

:notworthy:
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

James Blast
Banned

this time, Thrash you have completely baffled me, maybe you had to be there?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

He was over-powered by niceness. After being softened up by Armageddon I steamed in on sunday with extra niceness, gifts and being house-trained. :D

Now he's a convert. He's struggling to grasp it but yes it's official. Thrash Harry, NON-miserable bastard shock. Another soul saved ... :notworthy:

Now who's next ... :innocent:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Loki

Services beyond the call and duty? Allowing him to show me his vinyl collection and feigning interest whilst listening to the dawn chorus ... :urff: :wink:
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Hes lost me too......

Paddy :(
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Red Sunsets wrote:this time, Thrash you have completely baffled me, maybe you had to be there?
Would you like me yo explain? Christ, I thought you'd never ask.

The shouting bit. The Smurphs were pretending they weren't gonna to do an encore. Some sad old drunk who has never been made to feel so welcome before shouted

Do we have to shout?

At which point they got the point and came back on.
Thrash Harry wrote: Getting my retaliation in first. Just for a change.
No clarification required, I imagine.
Thrash Harry wrote: Joan is now qualified to drive a taxi in Leeds. The Warehouse? The Phono? Your choice. Pick up from 7 Village Place? No problem. We won’t be needing one home cos we’ll have spent all our money on weak lager. The Lights will lead us back.
Joan is an in joke between me and John. In the odd PM, he spelt my name the girly way. Not that it's been the bane of my life or anything.

Re the taxis, John probably knows Leeds city centre better now than some of the taxi drivers we used over the weekend. I really did walk him all round it. I even managed to find the Warehouse which I could rarely do 20 years ago cos its down a back alley.
Thrash Harry wrote: I hope they’re not going to pump this much smoke out all night. Fortunately not.
I've never seen the Smurphs with smoke before. You couldn't actually see them at the start. It was only temporary though and along with the music (Burn?) was very apt.
Thrash Harry wrote:The Body Electric finally got to make a fool of itself with Lucretia.

They finally played Body Electric and I finally got to make a fool of myself in public to Lucretia.
Thrash Harry wrote: Mrs T: Who’s the guy in the frilly shirt?

Moi: You mean Richey?
Yes. You had to be there. I don't think it was Richey. Good job I didn't think that at the time. Or I really would be having to apologise to a complete stranger.

Thrash Harry wrote: Voices off: This one’s for the fashion victims.

Mrs T: You like this one don’t you?

Moi: I don’t know. I haven’t figured out what it is yet. Oh no. It’s the wrong version. They should be slamdancing. They’re waving their arms in the air and smiling for chrissakes. :notworthy:
Eithet Paddy or The Mockeldritch were "the voices off" announcing Temple Of Love. Mrs T recognised it immediately. Asked if I wanted her to hold my coat while I danced. The 92 version always confuses me and ever since the "is it Phantom or Floorshow?" episode, I'm always a bit slow to start dancing to a Sisters song. By the time I'd figured it out the far more attractive and agile members of the Goth night we had gatecrashed flattened me in the rush and I decided watching would be much more fun than dancing.
Thrash Harry wrote: Human Fly. Electricty. Blue Monday.

Moi: You’ve got to dance to this, surely :?:

Original Miserable Bastard: Bugger off. That’s practically an armful.
After the Smurphs the Goth night returned and played some world class music, of which the 3 named above got me back on the dancefloor doing my GRANDAD dance. I think I asked Lars to dance! He wisely declined. He used to have what's his name as his avatar.
Thrash Harry wrote: Mrs T: You know I don’t like The Sisters Of Mercy.

Moi: Why do you insist on coming then?

Mrs T: Cos they’re all such lovely people.
She doesn't like the Sisters of Mercy but she thinks that everyone she's met at the Smurphs gigs is really nice. Yes. She's a townie and thinks Goths are all a bit wierdy wierdy. I have to keep it in most of the time. That's why I'm always on here when she's not looking. I think she's beginning to realise that it's all about tolerance, like putting up with an alcoholic husband.
Thrash Harry wrote: Moi: Aye. You don’t feel threatened when you go to the toilets ,do you.
I judge a pub/ club by whether or not I feel wary of going to the gents in case I come across alcohol fuelled violence. I always felt very comfortable going for a p!ss in the Phono. As I did last night at the Bassment.
Thrash Harry wrote: It’s been emotinal.
Thrash Harry wrote: Typing error. Do I have to tell you where the quotes from or will you be offended that I might think you don't know? :wink:
Thrash Harry wrote: Boys do cry.
Misquote. Obviously. I know you definitely know this one.
Thrash Harry wrote: God knows I’m good.
I've already explained that one. But I know you would have got it anyway. I just don't know how many other people on here know their Bowie as well as ANYONE who calls themselves a fan of popular music should do.

I really had a tremendous time. I have been high as a kite on alcohol, nicotine, worry and expectancy since Friday. I get really depressed, guilt ridden after effects when I slowly sober up and think "Why do I keep doing this?"

This explaining mallarky wears you out. Thankyou and goodnight.

@Mr Fiend: What was that song I thought was Siouxsie but you told me was the Chameleons?
James Blast
Banned

Now that didn't hurt at all, did it Thrash?
thankee :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Loki

Thrash Harry wrote: Joan is an in joke between me and John.
It was 'Jane' actually. Unless you're confusing me with someone else? Maybe we should keep the pillow talk of the forum? :innocent:
Thrash Harry wrote: John probably knows Leeds city centre better now than some of the taxi drivers we used over the weekend. I really did walk him all round it. I even managed to find the Warehouse which I could rarely do 20 years ago cos its down a back alley.
Do it! If you're going there contact the man. Slightly threw me at first but was the dogs parts (as they say in Belguim) and by the end of it I throughly enjoyed it.

Otherwise do the train station, car, house, taxi, pub, club, taxi, house, car, train station, home, thang and see nothing.

Thrash Harry's Sisters Walking Tours. Commencing 1pm, 3pm & 5pm from outside Leeds railway station. Sundays only. :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

Can I book one of them for Saturday the twentysomething, next month?
~ Peter Steele
hallucienate
Overbomber

Johnny Boy wrote:being house-trained. :D
it amazing what you've learnt since you left Cape Town :twisted:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Thrash Harry wrote:@Mr Fiend: What was that song I thought was Siouxsie but you told me was the Chameleons?
Um. Can't remember. It was probably Swamp Thing. QB might remember. The first song after the Smurphs finished...?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:
Thrash Harry wrote:@Mr Fiend: What was that song I thought was Siouxsie but you told me was the Chameleons?
Um. Can't remember. It was probably Swamp Thing. QB might remember. The first song after the Smurphs finished...?
ahh, yep. twas the mighty "swamp thing". 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Johnny Boy wrote:Services beyond the call and duty? Allowing him to show me his vinyl collection and feigning interest whilst listening to the dawn chorus ... :urff: :wink:
We called it a night when we heard the dawn chorus (cos I'd smoked all your cigarettes - even the ones you were saving for the morning). I showed you my vinyl after we'd had some kip and I'd replenished your cigarettes. And remind me, which pressing of the Floodland CD have I got, and how can I tell?
Padstar wrote:Hes lost me too......
You were lost in the smoke, my friend. I must remember that you are sober when I'm drunk, which makes you the most tolerant and patient person I've met.
Red Sunsets wrote:Now that didn't hurt at all, did it Thrash?
thankee :notworthy:
Not as much as my back does now. Health warning: if PiB gets within jumping distance of you on the dancefloor, take immediate evasive action.
Red Sunsets wrote:Can I book one of them for Saturday the twentysomething, next month?
Now look what you've done JB. I just know he'll demand the Cure on the stereo.

@Mr Fiend/ QB: Swamp Thing? Thanks. So does it have a siouxsieish kind of feel to the start or do I need to get my hearing aid looked at?
Loki

Thrash Harry wrote: And remind me, which pressing of the Floodland CD have I got, and how can I tell?
Dunno. We were rambling about FALAA. :innocent:

Which has been discussed at great length elsewhere on here. :wink:
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Johnny Boy wrote:We were rambling about FALAA.
Why did you want Floodland then? Just so you could tell me Colours and Torch weren't on the vinyl? Even I already knew that.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Thrash Harry wrote:
Padstar wrote:Hes lost me too......
You were lost in the smoke, my friend. I must remember that you are sober when I'm drunk, which makes you the most tolerant and patient person I've met.
:lol:

definitely! :eek: :notworthy:
Thrash Harry wrote:@Mr Fiend/ QB: Swamp Thing? Thanks. So does it have a siouxsieish kind of feel to the start or do I need to get my hearing aid looked at?
yeah, i suppose. the intro has a twiddly guitar hook with loads of chorus and echo on it, which is sort-of banshee-esque i guess, and then a big fat bass drum pounding away 4/4.

tis very nice and you shoudl definitely check it out.;)

however, not being the biggest banshees fan in the world i'm probably not the right person to ask about that comparison ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Loki

Thrash Harry wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:We were rambling about FALAA.
Why did you want Floodland then? Just so you could tell me Colours and Torch weren't on the vinyl? Even I already knew that.
Just twigged, Nine While Nine & DLTS, and I think I was trying to prove some tenuous link to SKOS in songs that make Von cry. Or summat.

I see the non-miserable state of mind has been short lived.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Johnny Boy wrote:I see the non-miserable state of mind has been short lived.
600mg Ibuprofen three times a day has yet to soothe the throbbing, burning ache at the base of my spine. Not that I'm one to make excuses.
Loki

Thrash Harry wrote: 600mg Ibuprofen three times a day has yet to soothe the throbbing, burning ache at the base of my spine. Not that I'm one to make excuses.
Ah, I see. So it's evacuate the dance floor next time PIB's around.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Some sympathy at last? Thankyou. :wink:
Loki

Thrash Harry wrote:Some sympathy at last? Thankyou. :wink:
Tactical sympathy. As I've yet to unpack my trolley I can't remember whether I left any of the womans underwear I usually wear at your gaff and that you'd out me on the forum if I had ...

Oh ... :oops:
James Blast
Banned

never heard and Banshee link in the mighty Swamp Thing
~ Peter Steele