all 3 albums reissued with bonus tracks.

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Petseri
Overbomber

WeirdSinisterGhostly wrote:Tiefer, tiefer, irgendwo in der Tiefe gibt es ein Licht.
We should expect Kate Bush as a female vocalist?
aims
Overbomber

Hmmm. This could be Warner riding the coat tails ofa whispered new release...or merely just the major touring :(
WeirdSinisterGhostly
Road Kill

Petseri wrote:
WeirdSinisterGhostly wrote:Tiefer, tiefer, irgendwo in der Tiefe gibt es ein Licht.
In another 12 years. Didn't :von: once say he'd like to do a duet with her, or was it a threesum with KB and Joanna Lumley?
Badlander
Overbomber

Petseri wrote:
If only... :|
Do you know that Wayyyyne asked her to do some BVs on Butterfly on a wheel ? She politely refused, saying that the song was "already perfect". Now that is diplomacy ! :eek:

Edit : Understandably enough, lots and lots of people want to do duets with KT. :von:
Last edited by Badlander on 21 Sep 2006, 16:51, edited 2 times in total.
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Motz wrote:Hmmm. This could be Warner riding the coat tails ofa whispered new release...or merely just the major touring :(
...or even play.com jumping the gun and announcing pre-sale availability on non-existent CDs?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
aims
Overbomber

Stop taking pot-shots at my happy-cloud, damnit :lol:
canon docre
Overbomber

Why do you people think that Eldritch doesnt know about this release?

Of course he knows and even approves. Or how should Warner got hold of the live-versions?

ok, maybe it's not really "approving" but rather "biting the silver bullet" (once more).
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
aims
Overbomber

canon docre wrote:Of course he knows and even approves. Or how should Warner got hold of the live-versions?
I was under the impression that the live versions in question were already on single B-Sides from the specific era? If so, Warner probably owns them anyway :|
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Well it's better than a kick in the nuts.............
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
christophe
Overbomber

okey, I know I'm oldfasion about this kind of stuff but pleas don't touch the Floodland record :x let it stay like I first head it.
they better release a NEW compilation album with the old B-sides and fill it up with some livetracks or maybe even a new (92-06) song if possible.
Another Shade of You.
canon docre
Overbomber

Motz wrote:
canon docre wrote:Of course he knows and even approves. Or how should Warner got hold of the live-versions?
I was under the impression that the live versions in question were already on single B-Sides from the specific era? If so, Warner probably owns them anyway :|
ah, ok I thought that they're about to put "previously unreleased" tracks on it. If they all have been put out by Warner before, than there isn't much Eldo can do about it.
aims
Overbomber

Good point. Why not Overbombing #2?

Apart from the money, obviously...
Deviate_Love
Road Kill

After the last tour...von wants to cash in by releasing some "new" versions of old tunes...similar to what Christian Death has been doing by releasing their 'enhanced' cd's......can't blame the man....... booze and wizz are expensive these days.. :notworthy: :twisted:
Petseri
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
Motz wrote:Hmmm. This could be Warner riding the coat tails ofa whispered new release...or merely just the major touring :(
...or even play.com jumping the gun and announcing pre-sale availability on non-existent CDs?
Hence my question about seeing it elsewhere. I checked the likely places and found nothing. Is it 1998 again with the album End of the World (or whatever the bogus album was called)? *

* Brief history lesson: In late 1998 (or maybe even early 1999), someone posted a bogus release date for a new Sisters album, complete with tracklist and release date. Some music zines even ran with the story and published the misinformation. More details available if interested.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

An early version of SKOS?

Well, either way, I won't be buying any of these. Everybody already has these tracks, this is another "remaster" of FALAA, and to be honest, spending £27 on products we all have already just seems like milking the fact that the Sisters were active again this year.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Motz wrote:
I thought so at first as well, but don't think the live tracks on VT were released before (Ribbons and Something Fast). How about the 'early' demos, is it usual for the record companies to keep these :?:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
hallucienate
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:I thought so at first as well, but don't think the live tracks on VT were released before (Ribbons and Something Fast)
Take a look at your WYDSM singles.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

hallucienate wrote:
Obviousman wrote:I thought so at first as well, but don't think the live tracks on VT were released before (Ribbons and Something Fast)
My mistake :oops: (don't know the tracklists of all releases by heart, and I dare to call myself a fan? How very can I! :lol:)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
eotunun
Overbomber

I´d rather tend to think that some well educated and thoughtfull executive at time warners´ noticed the silver bullet tour and took his chance to jump the train and melk a cow he left for dead years ago.
I`m going to listen to it when it shows up at my record shop, but I´ll wait till the official site mentiones it someweher with buying. I don´t support theft.
:von:
Last edited by eotunun on 21 Sep 2006, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
There is shadow under this red rock
WeirdSinisterGhostly
Road Kill

Obviousman wrote:
hallucienate wrote:
My mistake :oops: (don't know the tracklists of all releases by heart, and I dare to call myself a fan? How very can I! :lol:)
Oh Obviousman, I didn't know you were a fan of the female fronted eighties soft rock band Heart. :lol:
deadagain
Banned

FALAA remastered:

Black planet
Walk away
No time to cry
A rock and a hard place
Marian (version)
First and last and always
Possession
Nine while nine
Amphetamine logic
Some kind of stranger
Poison door
On the wire
Blood money
Bury me deep
Long train
Some kind of stranger (early)

Does anyone happen to know what the last track might be exactly? I don't recall hearing any early demo versions of this song from Strawberry Studios?
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
eotunun
Overbomber

Smells like a sell-out.
canon docre
Overbomber

eotunun wrote:I´d rather tend to think that some Well educated and thoughtfull executive at time warners´ noticed the silver bullet tour and took his chance to jump the train and melk a cow he left for dead years ago.
I`m going to listen to it when it shows up at my record shop, but I´ll wait till the official site mentiones it someweher with buying. I don´t support theft.
Mmmmh. You might be shooting in your own leg with the boycott (German expression, sorry.) Take a look at this:

Old records get re-released > they sell decent or even a lot > industry regains interest in TSOM > someone with a pocket full of money urges :von: to get his arse back in the studio > new record is being made for you. :wink:
eotunun
Overbomber

canon docre wrote:
eotunun wrote:I´d rather tend to think that some Well educated and thoughtfull executive at time warners´ noticed the silver bullet tour and took his chance to jump the train and melk a cow he left for dead years ago.
Mmmmh. You might be shooting in your own leg with the boycott (German expression, sorry.) Take a look at this:

Old records get re-released > they sell decent or even a lot > industry regains interest in TSOM > someone with a pocket full of money urges :von: to get his arse back in the studio > new record is being made for you. :wink:
*mumblemushmumble* Maybe true..
Nazareth
Amphetamine Filth

I would much prefer one new album with all these 'rare' songs on it rather than having to buy all the studio albums again...