Heartland Forum Index
There are 23 days remaining until the next Sisters gig (Columbiahalle, Berlin, Germany)       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
all 3 albums reissued with bonus tracks.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hallucienate
Overbomber

PostPost #1  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: all 3 albums reissued with bonus tracks. Reply with quote Back to top

As mentioned on Dominion:
clicky
aims
Overbomber

PostPost #2  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Please let this be a sign of things to come.

Which of course it isn't, since Warner own the bloody things.

Needless to say, I'll be buying them anyway unless we get a BaxCorp warning similar to SSV Laughing
Deviate_Love
Road Kill

PostPost #3  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: all 3 albums reissued with bonus tracks. Reply with quote Back to top

hallucienate wrote:
As mentioned on Dominion:
clicky

You have GOT to be bloody joking...right?Confused?
stefan moermans
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #4  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yezz and as extra It wasn't me... It wasn't me... you'll get all the new songs and all the covers they ever did in a 200% sound quality Laughing Laughing Laughing that'll be the day Mr. Green We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
limur
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #5  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wierded Out Surprised

Post your Live Music Reviews for www.livemusicreview.co.uk at the forum at
http://livemusicreview.proboards15.com/
http://www.myspace.com/livemusicreview
dinky daisy

PostPost #6  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Warners think: hah, eighties. It's hip again. Let's fool the kids. Let's say Bloc Party love Sisters. Let's say Panic At The Disco are fans.

and we will not even notice one change of content on the original sisters page, trust me.
Badlander
Overbomber

PostPost #7  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: all 3 albums reissued with bonus tracks. Reply with quote Back to top

Deviate_Love wrote:

Why is that ? We may still live to see some new TSOM products after all. I think this is very likely, especially since these releases don't contain any real new material.
Hope this is true and looking forward to it. Cool
Deviate_Love
Road Kill

PostPost #8  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: all 3 albums reissued with bonus tracks. Reply with quote Back to top

Badlander wrote:
Deviate_Love wrote:

Why is that ? We may still live to see some new TSOM products after all. I think this is very likely, especially since these releases don't contain any real new material.
Hope this is true and looking forward to it. Cool

FFS......the people on this list should probably have the 'bonus' material already. So what are we talking about??? Am I going to buy the lot anyways?Confused?? Probably. As I am a completist. But this really is selling out.
dinky daisy

PostPost #9  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is true, but to us, deadly fans (ahem), it's no new material and not surprising neither that the Warner Nazi's take such money driven action. REAL snobbish he!

snobnose
stefan moermans

PostPost #10  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Blood money
Bury me deep
Long train

not sure though whether I heard if these songs before Embarassed Embarassed Are these B-tracks of some singles ? Question Rolling Eyes
WeirdSinisterGhostly
Road Kill

PostPost #11  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: all 3 albums reissued with bonus tracks. Reply with quote Back to top

This is a sign that new material is on the way. Warners aren't stupid (Well Our fearless leader! would probably disagree), but if they have caught wind of new Sister's product, they will re-issue to capitalise on the event. Vision Thing re-issue doesn't look that great. Could have included YCBTO.

Oh they did.

Last edited by WeirdSinisterGhostly on Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
aims
Overbomber

PostPost #12  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: all 3 albums reissued with bonus tracks. Reply with quote Back to top

Deviate_Love wrote:
FFS......the people on this list should probably have the 'bonus' material already. So what are we talking about??? Am I going to buy the lot anyways?Confused?? Probably. As I am a completist. But this really is selling out.

Those of us who weren't born in time to get a mint copy of the originals beg to differ. That said, my main interest is still in seeing if anyone managed to undo the "Damage Done" by Steinmann to Floodland It wasn't me...
markfiend
Pest Control

PostPost #13  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

stefanmoermans wrote:
Blood money
Bury me deep
Long train

not sure though whether I heard if these songs before Embarassed Embarassed Are these B-tracks of some singles ? Question Rolling Eyes
Blood Money and Bury Me Deep are B-sides to No Time To Cry

Long Train is on the B-side of Lucretia.
Motz wrote:
seeing if anyone managed to undo the "Damage Done" by Steinmann to Floodland
What? Surprised Wash your mouth out! Laughing
hallucienate
Overbomber

PostPost #14  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I see it as a nice chance to get some vinyl only stuff on CD.

Some kind of stranger (early) and Never land (full length) could be interesting.
Petseri
Overbomber

PostPost #15  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will believe it when I see it, but it is possible. Some people did not think that the box set of the three CDs was legit, but it is indeed an Australian release. I hope that it does turn out to be true. Some of these have not been on CD previously (like Bury Me Deep), so that part is cool. No need to worry if a CD player is going to eat a 3" CD anymore. Mr. Green (No, I am not trying to spark a vinyl vs. CD debate.) I will not get my hopes up, but it would be nice to see these out.

Never Land (full length) = James will be happy.

You Could Be the One on Vision Thing? Expected in light ofd the other additions. Shudder nevertheless.

Is the release date just in time for Halloween? It wasn't me...
czuczu
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #16  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lot of moaning for tracks previously unreleased on CD being made available, only surprised it's taken them this long to do.
Even the price is vaguely OK. Don't hold out much hope for the 'remastering' tho..
Deviate_Love
Road Kill

PostPost #17  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Petseri wrote:
I will believe it when I see it, but it is possible. Some people did not think that the box set of the three CDs was legit, but it is indeed an Australian release. I hope that it does turn out to be true. Some of these have not been on CD previously (like Bury Me Deep), so that part is cool. No need to worry if a CD player is going to eat a 3" CD anymore. Mr. Green (No, I am not trying to spark a vinyl vs. CD debate.) I will not get my hopes up, but it would be nice to see these out.

Never Land (full length) = James will be happy.

You Could Be the One on Vision Thing? Expected in light ofd the other additions. Shudder nevertheless.

Is the release date just in time for Halloween? It wasn't me...

As if you didn't have a cd version of Bury Me Deep.....Yeah, RIGHT! Rolling Eyes
aims
Overbomber

PostPost #18  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

markfiend wrote:
Motz wrote:
seeing if anyone managed to undo the "Damage Done" by Steinmann to Floodland
What? Surprised Wash your mouth out! Laughing

Don't get me wrong, I love what he does conceptually and arrangement-wise, but I can't stand brick-wall limitting. To me, the live "Vision Thing with Some Girls production" sound of Floodland tracks wipes the floor with what was committed to record.

Last edited by aims on Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Petseri
Overbomber

PostPost #19  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone seen this offered elsewhere?
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #20  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Petseri wrote:
Has anyone seen this offered elsewhere?

Had a check on Amazon and no change to the normal ones -
did see this though -
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tribute-Sisters-Mercy-Various-Artists/dp/B000066JI6/ref=pd_sbs_m_h__2/026-6989023-5898010?ie=UTF8

"A Tribute to Sisters of Mercy [Import]
Not yet published: you may still order this title. We will dispatch it to you when we receive it from the publisher."
Deviate_Love
Road Kill

PostPost #21  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Martin...just shut up... I am dealing with the fact that I am going to have to buy ANOTHER 3 cd's....bolllocks... Razz Twisted Evil
markfiend
Pest Control

PostPost #22  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Motz wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I love what he does conceptually and arrangement-wise, but I can't stand brick-wall limitting. To me, the live "Vision Thing with Some Girls production" sound of Floodland tracks wipes the floor with what was committed to record.
Ah right. Fair enough then. Smile
Badlander
Overbomber

PostPost #23  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Deviate_Love wrote:

As if you didn't have a cd version of Bury Me Deep.....Yeah, RIGHT! Rolling Eyes

It is on Some boys... but for this compilation they used the old vinyls and the sound quality is no more than average. There was no remastering whatsoever, so proper CD versions of the 84-85 b-sides sounds alright to me.
It's not going to change my world, but it could be nice. I hope we'll get nice booklets as well.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

PostPost #24  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So, at last I'll have the chance to buy some new CDs, or will they come on vinyl as well? Mr. Green

Probably Sisters don't have a thing to do with it, but hey, what did you expect?

My Facebook/My Flickr
WeirdSinisterGhostly
Road Kill

PostPost #25  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tiefer, tiefer, irgendwo in der Tiefe gibt es ein Licht.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT
 Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 1 of 26

Jump to: