NEW SONGS!

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
iesus
Overbomber

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I was afk for a few hours and there they are :lol: :lol:

Edit: i bet BLAK SAIL is about St.Pauli. What do you think? ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Being645
Above the Chemist

Wonderful !!! ... ;D ;D ;D ... I'm looking forward to hearing all these songs ... ;D ;D ;D ...

And yes, some of the new lyrics on the Live News Page were good... :wink: ...

@iesus
hihi, not impossible, but anyway the title already looks like a great Sisters song, with ot without St. Pauli references ... 8) ...
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Todashi wrote:
Five song titles were listed last year, but only three were played.
actually there were 4 new 'songs' on the last tour -show me, better reptile, kickline and instrumental- although kickline was only played once. as there are 4 titles survivng from the previous list, 3 of which are definitely titles of songs they played, can we assume that "Are We Going To Be Bad" is possibly now the official ttle of the instrumental formerly known as "Instrumental"?
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

There's no hidden message on the site (source code), no fragments of lyrics, nothing. Anyhow, nice to see they're still having fun and teasing us.
A ray of hope for upcoming tour.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

At least it's nice to know that Andrew hasn't lost the FTP password. :innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Todashi wrote:
Five song titles were listed last year, but only three were played.
actually there were 4 new 'songs' on the last tour -show me, better reptile, kickline and instrumental- although kickline was only played once. as there are 4 titles survivng from the previous list, 3 of which are definitely titles of songs they played, can we assume that "Are We Going To Be Bad" is possibly now the official ttle of the instrumental formerly known as "Instrumental"?
The Instrumental could also be 'Just Aching' - that was from the previous list of new songs, or it could be neither, who knows, i've kinda got used to 'Instrumental ' now anyway :lol:
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Charlie wrote: The Instrumental could also be 'Just Aching' - that was from the previous list of new songs, or it could be neither, who knows, i've kinda got used to 'Instrumental ' now anyway :lol:
Given Ben's comments "I'm proud of it" and "interesting!" or something like that when someone suggested it would be better with lyrics, I think we can assume it's really "Instrumental".
If not, "Just aching" sounds more likely than the Varjak track, as in those days they didn't do any instrumentals AFAIK.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

I'm sufficiently intrigued by all of this new song speculation that I'm posting this - my first message for, what, 14 years?!?

To be fair, I've read the site regularly since then - I just lost my email account and it's taken me this long to get around to reactivating :) - and some actual new songs to inspire me to do it!!!
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

MrChris wrote:I'm sufficiently intrigued by all of this new song speculation that I'm posting this - my first message for, what, 14 years?!?

To be fair, I've read the site regularly since then - I just lost my email account and it's taken me this long to get around to reactivating :) - and some actual new songs to inspire me to do it!!!
Wow, 14 years, that's epic level lurking! :lol:

Welcome back! :D 8)
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Cheers! I should probably change my profile photo. The little fella on the left is over six feet tall now!
Chris

Pista
Cureboi

MrChris wrote:I'm sufficiently intrigued by all of this new song speculation that I'm posting this - my first message for, what, 14 years?!?
welcome back :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Oh, I remembered something I meant to say - 'the eyes of Caligula' is a reference to Margaret Thatcher. Francois Mitterrand famously said she had the eyes of Caligula, and the lips of Marilyn Monroe.

Personally, I think he needed glasses.
Chris

mh
Above the Chemist

MrChris wrote:Oh, I remembered something I meant to say - 'the eyes of Caligula' is a reference to Margaret Thatcher. Francois Mitterrand famously said she had the eyes of Caligula, and the lips of Marilyn Monroe.

Personally, I think he needed glasses.
I suppose it's better than the other way around!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Black Sail immediately made me think of Crimson Permanent Assurance.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
GC
Slight Overbomber

Swinnow wrote:Black Sail immediately made me think of Crimson Permanent Assurance.
:lol: i thought about the subplot in Watchmen
GC
Slight Overbomber

GC wrote:
Swinnow wrote:Black Sail immediately made me think of Crimson Permanent Assurance.
:lol: i thought about the subplot in Watchmen
Could also be about a big frilly gothic shirt
Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

So the first gig on this jaunt is on March 7th in the UK. Presumably a warm up gig (Near Meth Experience?) is on the cards in the week or so beforehand?
“I don't want people to come and see our gig because of the magnificent things I'm doing with my hips, but it's their evening, you know. They have to have fun. I'm a little bit naive."
Swinnow
Overbomber

Yeah, bring back goth shirts, do away with these vest abominations.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

This year is betterer already!
ROBBIE

Four new songs...they had not yet perfected two out of three they played every night on last tour :lol: Strange that the one was the instrumental :eek:
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Me too! :lol: A Terry tribute perhaps? :lol:
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Todashi wrote:So the first gig on this jaunt is on March 7th in the UK. Presumably a warm up gig (Near Meth Experience?) is on the cards in the week or so beforehand?
There's no need for warm-up gig, the band in this line-up is after few dozens of gigs. Just a thought.
Todashi

Bartek wrote:
Todashi wrote: There's no need for warm-up gig, the band in this line-up is after few dozens of gigs. Just a thought.
Well, I think they usually do an NME gig when something changes. So maybe they'll want to do these new songs in a stress free environment first. But we'll see.
Holofernes
Road Kill

Hard to believe 30 years have gone by...
so - other than the 4 new songs upcoming (Awesome news!), and the occasional stray Merry Thoughts mis-sighting, are there any links out there to listen to "Just Aching" or "Are We Going To Be Bad"? Or have they become other songs/titles since I last went digging...
Pista
Cureboi

Holofernes wrote:Hard to believe 30 years have gone by...
so - other than the 4 new songs upcoming (Awesome news!), and the occasional stray Merry Thoughts mis-sighting, are there any links out there to listen to "Just Aching" or "Are We Going To Be Bad"? Or have they become other songs/titles since I last went digging...
No links that we know of.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity