March 19 - Los Angeles

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
lachert
Overbomber

long live rock'n'roll
jenzi-benzi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

any pictures, recordings, setlist, so far? ;D
lachert
Overbomber

i must go to sleep. i understand that nothing will come from city of plastic angels today... :cry:
mullhollad drive mystery? :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
doktor2004
Road Kill

Same set list as Anaheim, I believe.

Overall, a good show. Volume was not so loud early on (especially compared to the Warlocks), but got louder as the night progressed. Sounded good either way. Lucretia was the highlight. :notworthy:
shivarising
Amphetamine Filth

You know, the funny thing is... I'm about 7 miles from the HoB. But I won't be attending. Why? Well, I saw the F#$*ng ROLLING STONES for $45. And they had a 50-ft inflatable undulating woman. And were promoting a new album. So, if I'm gonna pay $50 to see :von:, he damn well better be promoting a new album and/or have a 50-ft inflatable undulating woman on stage. No new album, no 50-ft inflatable undulating woman? No paying good, hard-earned $$. I work for a living. :evil:
doktor2004
Road Kill

A 50-ft inflatable undulating woman, promoting a new album, and they played Gimme Shelter.

Three things you won't find at a Sisters show. :lol:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

shivarising wrote:You know, the funny thing is... I'm about 7 miles from the HoB. But I won't be attending. Why? Well, I saw the F#$*ng ROLLING STONES for $45. And they had a 50-ft inflatable undulating woman. And were promoting a new album. So, if I'm gonna pay $50 to see :von:, he damn well better be promoting a new album and/or have a 50-ft inflatable undulating woman on stage. No new album, no 50-ft inflatable undulating woman? No paying good, hard-earned $$. I work for a living. :evil:
:eek:

I wish they were playing two nights 7 miles from my place... :roll:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Badlander
Overbomber

Apparently the LA show had quite a different set list from Anaheim. The boys played FALAA, On the Wire/Teachers, Detonation Blvd, Dr. Jeep, This Corrosion, and War on Drugs, which weren't played in Anaheim.

Corrosion got played for the 1st time this year. Not my fav by a longshot but I know some of us will appreciate.
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
lachert
Overbomber

Badlander wrote:Apparently the LA show had quite a different set list from Anaheim. The boys played FALAA, On the Wire/Teachers, Detonation Blvd, Dr. Jeep, This Corrosion, and War on Drugs, which weren't played in Anaheim.

Corrosion got played for the 1st time this year. Not my fav by a longshot but I know some of us will appreciate.
first time from 5 years... i forced them to do this :lol:
now i'm working on gig in poland in may :wink:
scanners rulez :twisted:
long live rock'n'roll
Ocean Moves
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

shivarising wrote:You know, the funny thing is... I'm about 7 miles from the HoB. But I won't be attending. Why? Well, I saw the F#$*ng ROLLING STONES for $45. And they had a 50-ft inflatable undulating woman. And were promoting a new album. So, if I'm gonna pay $50 to see :von:, he damn well better be promoting a new album and/or have a 50-ft inflatable undulating woman on stage. No new album, no 50-ft inflatable undulating woman? No paying good, hard-earned $$. I work for a living. :evil:
I've heard that the Sisters will be using a 50 ft inflatable album on
stage.

Is that worth your hard earned $$ ? Or do you need to see an
undulating woman?

Anyhow, you're missing out. Which is a shame.
Badlander
Overbomber

lachert wrote:
Badlander wrote:Apparently the LA show had quite a different set list from Anaheim. The boys played FALAA, On the Wire/Teachers, Detonation Blvd, Dr. Jeep, This Corrosion, and War on Drugs, which weren't played in Anaheim.

first time from 5 years... i forced them to do this :lol:
now i'm working on gig in poland in may :wink:
scanners rulez :twisted:
Update boys and gals : I got it wrong, this is from LA2, not first night. LA1 was just like Anaheim. Posting the set list in the right thread right away.
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

set list:

Crash and burn, Ribbons, WYDSM, Will I dream?, Flood1, Susanne, Giving
ground, Summer, Dominion/MR, Slept, Burn, Alice, Anaconda, Romeo down, Flood
2 , Something fast, Lucretia, Top nite out, TOL, Vision thing
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

jenzi-benzi wrote:recordings
What he said.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

**i'm certain a posted a response to this already ...(i definitely remember typing it)....oh well, it was along these lines:
and so do touring rock bands. :twisted:

$50 = £28 right? buy one get one free.
tickets here are £20+ and you only get one.
and the sisters piss all over the stones FFs.

i fail to see your problem. :roll:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: