all 3 albums reissued with bonus tracks.

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

WeirdSinisterGhostly wrote:Oh Obviousman, I didn't know you were a fan of the female fronted eighties soft rock band Heart. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (I don't have a clue how to translate what I wanted to say, just a bit stronger than 'know' I guess)

Never heard of them, don't think I missed much? :innocent:

Me likey the canon docre way of thinking :D :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

maybe it's warners answer for biting silver etc. ? the biggest tour in sissies history made without any record company help or just market research :?:
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

deadagain wrote:FALAA remastered:

Black planet
[...]
No time to cry
A rock and a hard place
[...]
First and last and always
[...]
Should be interesting if we get the "good" versions of these songs for the first time on CD or if it's the rubbish released in the early nineties (again). Or if this "re-release" is another hoax...
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
HisWimmNess
Amphetamine Filth

stefanmoermans wrote:Blood money
Bury me deep
Long train

not sure though whether I heard if these songs before :oops: :oops: Are these B-tracks of some singles ? :?: :roll:
shame on you !!!

Okay, when I will deliver your live-weed, I will put in a bonus of Some Boys wander by mistake, where you have all these songs ;D

I hope this might convince you not to send the Weed-Police at my adress, I know I'm running late with your request. But I'm sorry, too busy for the moment. It will come. Someday...
nostalgy ain't what it used to be
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

in the case that is true that they are going to release those records, I´ll be happy,BUT I RATHER A NEW ALBUM.

NO REEDITIONS!!!!

SO 14 YEARS WAITING FOR A NEW ALBUM AND WHAT WE GET IS A REEDITIONS OF VISION THING,FLOODLAND AND FIRST....

I THINK WEA IS INVOLVED IN IT!!!
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Its just some boys spread out across more money.

I have the vinyl, and I have it on some boys to put in my cd collection. I have a lot of music to buy that I havn't already got.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

dtsom wrote:I THINK WEA IS INVOLVED IN IT!!!
What label owns all the Sisters' back catalogue, released the original albums, continues to release the albums, and is (if they're legit) going to release these ones?

:roll:
Big Si
School Bully

deadagain wrote:FALAA remastered:

Some kind of stranger (early)

Does anyone happen to know what the last track might be exactly? I don't recall hearing any early demo versions of this song from Strawberry Studios?
Gary Marx said he was surprised it hasn't been circulated on any bootlegs :wink:

Maybe the new product coming out is the long anticipated DVD :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
mh
Above the Chemist

What a rather nice surprise on a Thursday evening!

Quibbles:
1) Are we going to get the REAL FALAA this time?
2) Where the f--k are Body & Soul, Body Electric, Train and Afterhours?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
3) Jumping on the "seminal 80s darkly-hued band in remastered-special-extended-edition-with-bonus-tracks-and-rarities-some-previously-unavailable shock" thing years after all other record labels merely serves to underline Von's opinion of his erstwhile record label.
4) For crying out loud, give us a proper "Demos and Rarities" CD!
5) Do the honourable thing and give us a "Complete BBC Sessions" CD as well.
6) No SSV? For shame... :twisted:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

HisWimmNess wrote:
stefanmoermans wrote:Blood money
Bury me deep
Long train

not sure though whether I heard if these songs before :oops: :oops: Are these B-tracks of some singles ? :?: :roll:
shame on you !!!

Okay, when I will deliver your live-weed, I will put in a bonus of Some Boys wander by mistake, where you have all these songs ;D

I hope this might convince you not to send the Weed-Police at my adress, I know I'm running late with your request. But I'm sorry, too busy for the moment. It will come. Someday...
you'll be in for a big suprise ;D :innocent:
MUSICA È
Nic
Slight Overbomber

Zuma wrote:
Petseri wrote:Has anyone seen this offered elsewhere?
Had a check on Amazon and no change to the normal ones -
did see this though -
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tribute-Sisters ... 10?ie=UTF8

"A Tribute to Sisters of Mercy [Import]
Not yet published: you may still order this title. We will dispatch it to you when we receive it from the publisher."
That is old news I'm afraid, First and Last and Forever was first released by Cleopatra in '93.
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
James Blast
Banned

:eek: :eek: :eek: Oh My Gawd! :eek: :eek: :eek:

11. Never land (full length)

Cheers for the heads up Z Image
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Petseri
Overbomber

Petseri wrote:Never Land (full length) = James will be happy.
and
James Blast wrote::eek: :eek: :eek: Oh My Gawd! :eek: :eek: :eek:

11. Never land (full length)

Cheers for the heads up Z Image
;D
robertzombie
Overbomber

Motz wrote:
canon docre wrote:Of course he knows and even approves. Or how should Warner got hold of the live-versions?
I was under the impression that the live versions in question were already on single B-Sides from the specific era? If so, Warner probably owns them anyway :|
The only ones that haven't been released on singles are "early" SKOS and full-length Never Land.

F&L&A Remaster of a remaster?!

Also, when was Emma released? shouldn't that be on F&L&A with Long Train on Floodland? :?
mh
Above the Chemist

robertzombie wrote:
Motz wrote:
canon docre wrote:Of course he knows and even approves. Or how should Warner got hold of the live-versions?
I was under the impression that the live versions in question were already on single B-Sides from the specific era? If so, Warner probably owns them anyway :|
The only ones that haven't been released on singles are "early" SKOS and full-length Never Land.

F&L&A Remaster of a remaster?!

Also, when was Emma released? shouldn't that be on F&L&A with Long Train on Floodland? :?
Nah, Emma was a B side of Dominion whereas Long Train originally came out as a free flexi with one of the FALAA singles (can't remember which).
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
kazamel
Amphetamine Filth

robertzombie wrote:Also, when was Emma released? shouldn't that be on F&L&A with Long Train on Floodland? :?
Emma was first recorded during FALAA times but never released. The official release came as a B-side to Dominion. Hence its rightfull place on the Floodland disc I guess. :wink:
I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you can hear the insects.
kazamel
Amphetamine Filth

mh wrote:Long Train originally came out as a free flexi with one of the FALAA singles (can't remember which).
that would be Walk away, but later on a B-side to Lucretia
I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you can hear the insects.
James Blast
Banned

first time I heard Emma was a Peel sesh, pre FALAA
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

Yup, it was recorded a number of times I think.

The Dominion B side version is obviously the definitive take though, at least in my opinion.

Re: Never Land, I wonder is that the Floodland demo version that's been widely circulated, or is it another full version that never made it out?
James Blast
Banned

I pray to God that if it is the demo version, it has been sonicaly cleansed.
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

James Blast wrote:I pray to God that if it is the demo version, it has been sonicaly cleansed.
I think no-one would want to risk to put it on sale that way :eek: Unless if they'd fancy to kill the artist off :urff:

Anyway, I'm thinking positive today and loving the thought ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Red_Kola
Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:I pray to God that if it is the demo version, it has been sonicaly cleansed.
thesistersofmercy.com FAQ wrote:There is no other version of 'Never Land' (apart from demo versions and "full" versions edited together by bootleg merchants). It's called 'Never Land (a fragment)' to reflect the way the song sounds: overheard and fondly detached. It's really not got so much to do with the (literal) fragmentation and moral issues of Goethe's Faust ...honest.
hmmmmm. :?: :?: :?:
Road Kill

That's what I was thinking. I smell a fake...
If this is heaven I'm bailin' out.
Big Si
School Bully

mh wrote:Yup, it was recorded a number of times I think.

The Dominion B side version is obviously the definitive take though, at least in my opinion.
1984 Peel Session, then as a Demo along with Knockin' on Heaven's Door for use as B-sides or maybe even a covers EP :?: , finally re-recorded in 1987 - live vocals from the Electric Ballroom in Camden ( :von: on stage complete with lights and smoke but no audience or band :lol: )

:D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
mh
Above the Chemist

Big Si wrote:as a Demo along with Knockin' on Heaven's Door for use as B-sides or maybe even a covers EP :?:
i heard that rumour too, but it's been years and this is only the second time it's come up in my memory. does anyone know any facts?