lorca review

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

I must say that i´m a hardcore fan and even i enjoyed the heineken 2003 but yestarday was the worst gig that i´ve seen(and i´ve seen 11)

the festival was good, really good sound and craps bands, when i got the festival i thought the sound is quite loud so i expected a good sisters show

well 21:35 and the fog starts and the intro, the intro sound quite loud so i thought it will be great. something starts wrong more than 10 minutes of intro imagine my nervous

so tha band turn up on stage ribbons starts(whit good sound) and 30 seconds later stops, technical problems i thought

so the gig starts but the sound is not the same. the volumen was lower than the other bands and the andrew´s voice was really LOW
too much bass and crap sound, incredibles mistake whit the echoes in the andrew´s hight notes, flood 2 was horrible. i couldn´t hear the voice of andrte properly.

the set list was quite good:

ribbons, first, crash and burn, doctor/detonation, will i dream, still,giving ground, sussane, dominion, summer, alice, anaconda, flood 2, lucretia, top nite out, temple, vision thing, this corrosion(whitout encores)

in my whole life have been so angry!! THINKING SERIOUSLY IF GO TO ZOTTEGEM(AND I´VE GOT TICKETS, AIRPLANE TICKETS,CAR RENTTED..)

the positive thing that the crowd respect the band and try to enjoy(there were about 6000 or 7000 people) if this happen in madrid for instance,it would be an autentic caos...

nice to see there to x-ray,eggy,eva,tomas,indrek,jens

THE SISTERS HAVE REAL PROBLEMS WHIT THEYR SOUND(TECHNICIANS OR WHAT EVER)

after the sisters i saw marilin manson a bit whit an incredible souns. all my friend saying me this is the band that you waste your money PLEASE STOP DOING IT(imagine how i fell???)

IT´S MY PERSONAL OPINION(I TALKED WHIT THE HEARTLANDERS AND THEY ENJOYED)
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
lachert
Overbomber

thanks. nice setlist.
long live rock'n'roll
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

dtsom wrote:THE SISTERS HAVE REAL PROBLEMS WHIT THEYR SOUND(TECHNICIANS OR WHAT EVER)
It is a real problem as I said several times on this forum. They really need to hire a new live sound engineer ...

Other bad news is that the setlist is still the same, Eldritch is getting more and more lazy, sad :(
Badlander
Overbomber

Sorry to hear that. :urff:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Badlander wrote:Sorry to hear that. :urff:
Aye.......sorry to hear that Diego. But when this is the worst out of eleven, things can only get better. :wink:

Where were you standing?

You should have worn a FC B. shirt.... :twisted: :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

hey, this is exactly the same as Berlin Columbiahalle. And Melkweg. And so on and so on.

I'm going to Rock Zottegem!
guns & cars & accidents
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

i was in the first rows. then i tryed to look for a place for hering better the music(was imposible) then i went near to the mixing desk and i found the engenier whit a face of desesperation.... near to the mixing desk i heard the music a bit better. only too much bass and andrew´s voice missing(only in the high tones but problems whit the echoes... imagine it....)

i can´t imagine the sound in zottegem that the gig will be in a tent....

ozpat you know that i´ll never worn a barsa tshirt
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

dinky daisy wrote:
I'm going to Rock Zottegem!
Why?
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

dtsom wrote:
ozpat you know that i´ll never worn a barsa tshirt
I might give you one in Zottegem... :twisted: :P

......signed by the Girls... :lol:
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:
I might give you one in Zottegem... :twisted: :P

......signed by the Girls... :lol:
i don´t know if i´ll go after seeing what i saw, but if i go keep the tshirt for yourselve
neardark
Road Kill

I agree with all that Diego said, the sound wasn´t as good as others shows, I tried to get to the first rows where the sound was a little bit better. I enjoy myself dancing and singing. People´s attitude to the band was really good. It was another sisters show, nothing special but good setlist. I wish the sound could had been better. Hope solve sound problems for the rest of the tour.

It was nice to see many heartlanders!!

Domingo.
2011...on road again...
ormfdmrush
Slight Overbomber

we have to record a song You are the Same, Andrew
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

New songs:

Will I Sing

Crash and Burn at the mixing desk
guns & cars & accidents
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Very disheartening to hear, especially if the gigs this summer are really going to be limited to 3... :( :evil:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

dtsom wrote:Iin my whole life have been so angry!! THINKING SERIOUSLY IF GO TO ZOTTEGEM(AND I´VE GOT TICKETS, AIRPLANE TICKETS,CAR RENTTED..)
Sorry to hear the gig was so crap, especially if other bands' sound was good. But don't let it put you off Zottegem Diego - The Sisters are just one of these bands who can be s**t one gig and utterly stunning the day after. I was fuming that I had to miss a great Bristol gig in 2003, so I negotiated time off with my boss and headed down to Manchester for the next one - and it was s**t! No particular reason - sound was OK, no techincal problems, but neither the band nor the crowd seemed up for it that night. Just luck I suppose.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

that the sound was a major f*ck up can happen to anyone
i m more dissappointed that the setlist hasn t change at all
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

But what was his look? still the trace of Sauerkraut on the chemo bald head, like Moscow?
guns & cars & accidents
Eggi1
Amphetamine Filth

-great crowd(for spain)
-Von voices was great
-really good gig with some techical problems at the beginning

and 1 litre beer for 5 € :roll:

Image[/img]
264 GIGS
34 COUNTRIES
over 200.000 MILES

and i want more ...

Bratislava
Nova Rock Festival
xray999
Road Kill

Good morning,

nice show, best giving ground i ever heard, really great crowd.
nice to meet a lot of heartlanders there.

see you next time im Geiselwind

cheers
xray
In the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds:
Fire, walk with me
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Well, i'd rather have a great show with bad sound and tech problems instead of a great sounding gig without glitches but with marilyn manson :D

Nice to see some people liked it regardless!

Thanks to everyone for reviews and such.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

itnAklipse wrote:Well, i'd rather have a great show with bad sound and tech problems instead of a great sounding gig without glitches but with marilyn manson :D
And do you think a great show with a great sound would be possible, or is it too much to ask ? That would be the best for sure ;)
Last edited by doctoravalanche on 04 Jun 2007, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

True dat, and i understand even that happens from time to time :)
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Sound problem similar to Bielefeld 2006, for me it was something to laugh about, technicians and band slightly helpless and confused of course. But it was funny. And yes, sound could have been better - I couldn't hear ben's guitar very well, but Von's voice was on top, and I completely agree with Xray: Best Giving Ground ever. In fact I had the impression that Von was trying some minor changes in the way he usually sings certain songs, and that was interesting to listen to. Besides the band had fund and enjoyed the moshpit about as much as the moshpit enjoyed itself. Oh, the the long angry faces of the (mixed gender) MM kiddies who couldn't cope with the movement let alone expected any such thing as a lively crowd for a band they didn't have a clue of. Some bickering was exchanged, some kicking and pushing.... :lol:

All in all: I really enjoyed myself a lot at the edge of the moshpit, seeing all those people joining in, and it was great to see that the moshpit didn't only consist of the usual suspects...

Setlist: Yes, the usual stuff, but the usual best stuff. And the ending 3 songs were a great finish...:D

Greetings to everyone we met. And yes, Diego, you seemed very disappointed, but I hope you'll make up your mind and join us in Zottegem. As Andrew said: Sometimes the Sissies are great some other times they're crap, and individual experiences of one and the same gig may differ hugely anyway. Maybe you expected more than I... :wink:
You can't fix stupid.
jay
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Sounds like it was great then
I no longer get very wrought up over the liminals

lachert
Overbomber

i knew that there's no reason to panic or... you are hard brainwashed :lol:

Eggi1, thanks for first media from gig :D
did you recorded it? :eek:
long live rock'n'roll