Zottegem: The Aftermath

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Well, not everything, but a great deal seems to be rescued, google to the rescue :D

page 1 and page 2

Anything missing or to add? ;D (perhaps should try to quote all posts before it goes missing, but will do that later on)
Last edited by Obviousman on 10 Jul 2007, 21:18, edited 1 time in total.
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Tidal
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

What the hell happened with the site and the post?! :urff:
It's good to be back
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

See the announcements bit for that. :wink:

I've come across a newspaper review in the mean time. Short but not negative at all, for a change :D
De Standaard 9/7/07 wrote:Festival voor iedereen

(Some stuff about Friday)

Partijtje crowdsurfen

… Daarna maakten die plaats voor de stoerdere fans van de new wavers uit Leeds: The Sisters of Mercy. Onzichtbaar en onnavolgbaar gemaakt door de dikke mist van de rookmachine brachten ze met oude superhits als The temple of love en Alice de festivaltent van Rock Zottegem voor het laatst in extase. Algemene eensgezindheid: voor herhaling vatbaar!
Translation:
Festival for everyone

…

Crowd Surfing Party

… After that they made place for the tougher fans of Leeds' new wavers: The Sisters of Mercy. Made invisible and inimitable through the smoke machine's thick mist they brought the tent of Rock Zottegem to a final extacy with old hits like The temple of love and Alice. Unanimousity: this should be redone!
(full text)

And another (short) photo report: clicky
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

way 2 go zeno :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
MUSICA È
christophe
Overbomber

Z :D you are the man!

this should get a repost as well. clicky
Another Shade of You.
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

christophe wrote:Z :D you are the man!

so christophe :innocent: decided to make a zottegem movie without me :evil: :evil: just saw u all standing there when i entered the festival site :( nevertheless love you all :wink:
MUSICA È
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

stefan moermans wrote:

so christophe :innocent: decided to make a zottegem movie without me :evil: :evil: just saw u all standing there when i entered the festival site :( nevertheless love you all :wink:
Don't worry Stef. At least you have another reason to use a lot of emoticons in your post... :twisted:

Now that you mention it. Where is Ozpat in that movie? Probably getting drunk... ;D
"as we walk on the floodland"
frederik

Ozpat wrote:
stefan moermans wrote:

Don't worry Stef. At least you have another reason to use a lot of emoticons in your post... :twisted:

Now that you mention it. Where is Ozpat in that movie? Probably getting drunk... ;D
and frederik :?:

probably in merchandising stand :innocent: :lol:
christophe
Overbomber

even I am not on the video but you hear me complaining?
next time I'll wave a flag or something, good? :wink:
Another Shade of You.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

The pics are good enough for me C. :wink:
My Dominion
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Some more pics...................

In the mean while....my website is updated
http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Gent, Eindhoven and Lokeren
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

nice gig and a good pit :D

thanks to the locals for providing free beer to the weary traveler :notworthy: :notworthy:

thanks to the bar staff for providing free beer at the end :notworthy: :notworthy:

thanks to the beer token system for providing cheap beer in abundance :notworthy: :notworthy:

special hi to Mark from London 8) hope the head was okay for the journey home :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

Some more pics at the cutting edge site:

http://www.cuttingedge.be/photo_reports ... tegem-2007
James Blast
Banned

so what have we learned:
Mr. E is still baldy and no full-time bass player

Next!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Peter KJ wrote:Some more pics at the cutting edge site:

http://www.cuttingedge.be/photo_reports ... tegem-2007
Nice pics. :notworthy:
Elise
Road Kill

Obviousman wrote:Well, not everything, but a great deal seems to be rescued, google to the rescue :D

page 1 and [url=http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:TF ... en&ct=clnk&

Anything missing or to add? ;D (perhaps should try to quote all posts before it goes missing, but will do that later on)

I'm sure there was also a page 3 of that thread , I remember reading a very nice post/review from MadamButterfly on it .
jay

We've learnt that the Sisters still put ona good show...
I no longer get very wrought up over the liminals

Ozpat
From the Lowlands

jay wrote:We've learnt that the Sisters still put ona good show...
Aye....great show, great crowd, great sound, great spot (second row) right in front of d'n Eldo, great "afterparty"......till 1 pm on Sunday!

One big great weekend.... :notworthy:
Silver_Owl
The Don

Ozpat wrote:
Aye....great show, great crowd, great sound, great spot (second row) right in front of d'n Eldo, great "afterparty"......till 1 pm on Sunday!

<----------------Jealous..... :evil: :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Ozpat wrote:

<----------------Jealous..... :evil: :wink:
Join next time! :wink:
Elise
Road Kill

That's what we've learned indeed !
Great sound , great voice , a fantastic show ! :notworthy:
And the Geiselwind gig also had very good reviews here as well .
(unfortunately that thread has disappeared too :| )

So.... I don't feel like moving onto the " Next ! " thing yet , these shows
deserve long & positive threads , that's what I think.....
maxr
Road Kill

Certainly agree with the reviews as to an excellent gig - now vainly hoping that they pull another Istanbul or Moscow out of the hat.

Thanks to all the heartlanders I met - you made it an excellent atmosphere and it was nice to put a few faces to names I recognised from lurking.

And Eric the Manx - especial thanks to you and Barbara for helping with that wretched tent!
_emma_
Overbomber

Hi Mark :D
_emma_
Overbomber

My three groszes - copy, paste and add changes to what I wrote abut Geiselwind 2 minutes ago, as the 2 shows were so totally different that a compare and contrast method seems a best way to describe it:
A lot of people wearing Sisters T-shirts, stage rather small and pretty close to the barrier - so I hoped for a lot of nice interaction, but sadly it didn't happen (I'm not complaining here, just noticing the fact, I know that interaction is something that either happens or not, and it can never be taken for granted). Lots of smoke, lots of true fans in the audience, so the lead singer didn't have to be as tense and nervous as the day before, and came on stage definitely on something. :lol: Which resulted in worse singing and better moves. :lol: :notworthy: In fact, the big part of the singing was done by the audience who seemed to remember most of the lyrics better than the singer, and felt the strong need to prove it. So yes, there was interaction, but mostly from the crowd to the stage and not the other way round. I had an impression that most of the people who came to this gig just wanted to express themselves rather than to receive and absorb what was happening on the stage. It was like sexual intercourse in an old marriage: it seems that two parties are involved in the action, but deep inside both are very lonely in the experience, and there's no real intimacy. Too much contact, no more feeling. This is just my impression, and I'm obviously not talking about myself here. :wink: I wasn't trying to sing. :P
The most important conclusion after the show: if a gig takes place in a hot tent, it is perfectly okay to take off the long-sleeved thing completely during the second or third song the latest, not just let it slide off the left arm and stop half way through during the last song, fiddle with the cuff for a while, blow a careless kiss and go away. It may leave those who came to receive and absorb desperatly disappointed. And yes, this time I am complaining - although the fiddling itself was worth all the journey with the search for taxi and the stress at the Cologne train station. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
christophe
Overbomber

:lol: great revieuw _emma_
Another Shade of You.