Who's going to be in New York?

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Glad to visit the city again! See you there, whoever you are... :D
You can't fix stupid.
Petseri
Overbomber

I have not gotten tickets yet, but I will try to make this one.
Eva

Great :!: :D Hasn't some Evilbastard also planned to turn up?
You can't fix stupid.
Petseri
Overbomber

Someone in a Pickelhelm mentioned making an appearance in New York as well.
Eva

Good! :D It's a shame Sinnie can't make it though. :cry:
You can't fix stupid.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Eva wrote:Great :!: :D Hasn't some Evilbastard also planned to turn up?
Not just some evil bastard, but the Evil Bastard. :twisted:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Eva

EvilBastard wrote:
Eva wrote:Great :!: :D Hasn't some Evilbastard also planned to turn up?
Not just some evil bastard, but the Evil Bastard. :twisted:
I know! The one with striped socks... :lol: :lol: :lol: :P
You can't fix stupid.
Petseri
Overbomber

Eva wrote:Good! :D It's a shame Sinnie can't make it though. :cry:
:urff: I thought that she was going. Any chance of that changing?

So much for the three of us standing in front and blocking everyone's views. :innocent:
Eva

Petseri wrote: :urff: I thought that she was going. Any chance of that changing?
Apparently her boss won't give her the time off work... :|
Petseri wrote:So much for the three of us standing in front and blocking everyone's views. :innocent:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh well, if they all choose to stand right behind us? :innocent: I hope the stage is larger than 3 people standing next to each other...
You can't fix stupid.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Eva wrote:
Petseri wrote: :urff: I thought that she was going. Any chance of that changing?
Apparently her boss won't give her the time off work... :|
The only way I can get "time off" at that hellhole is to call in sick - or quit. I can't afford both shows + transportation, though, anyway. :(
That means you'll just have to meet me in New Haven, Martin! ;) :P
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I'll be there, Eva. We met last time 'round (Trevor). You;ll love the venue... I do. Great sound, atmosphere, archtitecture, everything. Which other gigs are you doing? Where are you staying in NYC?

Sinsissy didn't we meet in Chicago? C'mon, make it to NYC fer f**k's sake.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

bismarck wrote:Sinsissy didn't we meet in Chicago? C'mon, make it to NYC fer f**k's sake.
Trev!!! OMG, I'm so embarrassed. I didn't connect you and your pointy-helmed avatar - sorry! Or I knew it was you, and completely forgot. :oops:
Yes, indeedy, we met in Chi-Town at the Killing Joke show in '03, innit? ;D Cripes, time flies... As for NYC, even if I could somehow miraculously cough up the dough (a disgusting exercise in itself...okok, bad joke! :P) and get the following day off, I'd have nowhere to stay. No tall buildings for me - at least, not right now. *Shudder* :cry: :urff: :|
bismarck

SINsister wrote:
bismarck wrote:Sinsissy didn't we meet in Chicago? C'mon, make it to NYC fer f**k's sake.
Trev!!! OMG, I'm so embarrassed. I didn't connect you and your pointy-helmed avatar - sorry! Or I knew it was you, and completely forgot. :oops:
Yes, indeedy, we met in Chi-Town at the Killing Joke show in '03, innit? ;D Cripes, time flies... As for NYC, even if I could somehow miraculously cough up the dough (a disgusting exercise in itself...okok, bad joke! :P) and get the following day off, I'd have nowhere to stay. No tall buildings for me - at least, not right now. *Shudder* :cry: :urff: :|
you always have a place on my pullout couch if it makes a diff
Eva

bismarck wrote:I'll be there, Eva. We met last time 'round (Trevor). You;ll love the venue... I do. Great sound, atmosphere, archtitecture, everything. Which other gigs are you doing? Where are you staying in NYC?
Oh, it's you! Like Sinnie, I didn't make the connection either. :oops: Looking forward to meeting up again. :D We're staying at a ho(s)tel Eggi has found. Should be close to the venue and close to some other nice places. I'm looking so much forward to visiting New York again, you can't imagine... :D
Re: Other gigs: We're doing the first two weeks, Buffalo to Richmond. Are you doing any other besides NY?
You can't fix stupid.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

bismarck wrote:you always have a place on my pullout couch if it makes a diff
But is the pullout couch in a tall building (or - more importantly - on a high-up floor)? :|
EvilBastard
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:
bismarck wrote:you always have a place on my pullout couch if it makes a diff
But is the pullout couch in a tall building (or - more importantly - on a high-up floor)? :|
If Trevor lives on a high floor in a tall building, I too have a sofa bed which stands (as ever) at your disposal - 3rd floor in a 5 story building.
Hank Moody
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

@ EB and Trev - you two are just absolute peaches, but I don't think I'll be making the NYC show, despite the lovely offers. I hope I'll at least get to see you lot in New Haven... :|
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Do we have a venue for pre/post event libations? I'm thinking we should come up with one sharpish - given that certain band members showed up at Nevada's after the Silver Bullet show, if we're indiscreet about where we're meeting up they might pop in for a jar... :innocent:
Hank Moody
bismarck

well my all-time favorite bar in the city is directly around the corner from the venue, on 15th btwn Irving and USE. careful! there are two bars, one right next to the other. one is a yuppie piece of shi t joint, whereas the other is cool. All will recall that t'was I who chose Nevada's last time around, I expect ... so let's do the one on 15th, round the corner, pool table in the front room... no name on the place.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
bismarck

Eva wrote:
bismarck wrote:I'll be there, Eva. We met last time 'round (Trevor).
Oh, it's you! I'm looking so much forward to visiting New York again, you can't imagine... :D Are you doing any other besides NY?
Hi Eva. If your ho(s)tel is on or near E. 7th street, it's just a block or so from my home, and you must please stop by before the gig, in the afternoon maybe, and visit. I'm really looking forward to this time around myself... the last time my personal life was a shambles, but I'm all sorted now. Of course, you and Eggi (whoever that is) are also very welcome to stay at mine and save yourself the money required for a hotel...

I think I shall make New Haven and possible D.C. How are you getting around? Train or Car? If you have an extra seat or two in a rental car from NYC to New Haven I would love to join and help defer the rental costs.

Let me know!
Trev
bismarck

evilbastard: you doing any other gigs besides nyc? could maybe split car rental?
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
Eva

@Bismarck Eggi might be rather unknown here, cause he's mostly a lurker due to language shyness. However, he's a long time, big time Sisters follower, has one of the biggest Sister bootleg and official material collections, and, most important, he's my better half, originally from east Berlin, but he moved to Zurich just for me. So, whereas last time I didn't have a personal life at all, now I'm in the safest haven ever... :D

We're not driving, but taking the train/greyhound. You're very welcome though to join us anyway. PM will be sent for mobile number, so we can text for meet ups. 8)
You can't fix stupid.
bismarck

anyone in nyc - evil bastard or otherwise - own a good stereo mic with a stereo-mini jack I can borrow for a few days? The fruits of my labor will be your thanks - or a cd copy anyway. Pm or post. Danke.
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
EvilBastard
Overbomber

bismarck wrote:anyone in nyc - evil bastard or otherwise - own a good stereo mic with a stereo-mini jack I can borrow for a few days? The fruits of my labor will be your thanks - or a cd copy anyway. Pm or post. Danke.
Don't know if it's any good, but I have one. It's a powered mic if that's any good to you - I need to get a new battery for it but if you were intending to use it (perhaps on Monday night... :innocent: ) I'm up for a good recording of a certain event. Do you know what the layout of the venue is? I've got a seat (was all that seemed to be available) but do you know if there's a standing area?

PS I'm only doing the NYC gig but otherwise would have been glad to split car rental with you. What's the plan for the pre/post meetup? We can get together over a jar or two and I can give you the mic then.
Hank Moody
bismarck

evil bastardo-

got yr message... seats at Irving PLaza?? never heard of that, seriously. been there a gajillion times... my favorite venue in the city, long has been. actually i just saw laibach there last week or so... the only seats i can think of are in the balcony, often closed and/or reserved for vips. great overhead view. my tix are GA standing.

Erm, I have a mic, a sony ecm 909. was wondering if anyone had a better one, but honestly i dont know if mine is good. might be. what's yours called? can anyone offer advice?

pre + post meetup... see posts above for a bar suggestion...

i'm gonna do new haven too. commuter train goes right there, tix are only $25, c'mon...

trev
EvilBastard wrote:
bismarck wrote:anyone in nyc - evil bastard or otherwise - own a good stereo mic with a stereo-mini jack I can borrow for a few days? The fruits of my labor will be your thanks - or a cd copy anyway. Pm or post. Danke.
Don't know if it's any good, but I have one. It's a powered mic if that's any good to you - I need to get a new battery for it but if you were intending to use it (perhaps on Monday night... :innocent: ) I'm up for a good recording of a certain event. Do you know what the layout of the venue is? I've got a seat (was all that seemed to be available) but do you know if there's a standing area?

PS I'm only doing the NYC gig but otherwise would have been glad to split car rental with you. What's the plan for the pre/post meetup? We can get together over a jar or two and I can give you the mic then.