14 03 2009 Madrid

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
Badass
Amphetamine Filth

Drenchrom wrote:Back from Madrid and well we enjoyed ourselves. Madrid was a very welcoming city from what we experienced, no more expensive than Amsterdam, Zurich etc etc. Can't comment on the venue prices for Beer, we stuck to water. We had too many ice creams to be drinking beer, Ice creams are where its at.

From where i was standing by the mixing desk the sound was ok, a little quiet at times, the guitars need to be louder, bu thats the same everywhere. The crowd where i was standing seemed to enjoy themselves, yeah people were talking, but they talk at every gig, during every quiet song. Didn't see any of the trouble in the mosh pit that was mentioned. Chris seemed to enjoy himself and jumped into the photo pit at one point, or was he pushed?

Tracks from Floodland were favoured over everything else, with lots of the crowd singing along. One persons great gig and can be poor for other people. Who was a Geislewind in 2007, now that was poor or was i totally wasted!?!

Madrid - yes I'd go back and if my wife thought it was OK then it must have been good (this was here 17 gig and only picks the gigs in nice places).

I think it's quite an extreme decision to give up on the band if they play (in your opinion) a bad show, I've seen a fair few and i'll probably see a few more.

See you all in London and Leeds. lets hope the temperature is around the 25 degrees mark there also.

Matt.. & Claire
Nicely said. i have about the same feelings about the gig and Madrid. I really enjoyed the gig and this city. Even my girlfriend enjoyed it too - and she is hard to please... :lol:

@Diego: hope you get happy again soon - and keep on rocking...!!
Thank you again for all ..
This is not revenche, this is punishment
Drenchrom
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Forgot to say hi to Eva, Eggi, Thomas, Andrew and Helen. There were other faces i regonised but names esacped me, i wasn't being rude.

Matt..
lachert
Overbomber

Drenchrom wrote:One persons great gig and can be poor for other people. Who was a Geislewind in 2007, now that was poor or was i totally wasted!?!
you'll probably kill me, but me (and my girlfriend alsow) prefer geiselwind than zottegem next day ;D :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
Drenchrom

lachert wrote:
Drenchrom wrote:One persons great gig and can be poor for other people. Who was a Geislewind in 2007, now that was poor or was i totally wasted!?!
you'll probably kill me, but me (and my girlfriend alsow) prefer geiselwind than zottegem next day ;D :lol:

I've still got the scars to prove just how wasted I was that day/night. One thing you shouldn't do is drink Cava from Aldi at midday and consume lots of vodka. Then mix with pisstaking of Satyricon doesn't make you too popular with the locals!!

Matt..
lachert
Overbomber

i've got small chat with two german metal folks wearing some kind of prussian helmets. or something. they don't like me but after few "kurwa mać" etc. which they understand, we become friends :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
paul
Overbomber

I had a great time in Geiselwind as well. A totally wrong festival for the Sisters though ...
_emma_
Overbomber

lachert wrote:
Yes, and so did I. From my point of view Geiselwind was just so... I dunno, so powerful and clear and flawless in every respect.
Zottegem was just a gig. A fine one, but like many others.

Oh, and (the LAST off-topic I promise):
Eva wrote: And I remember Von playing with his hidious (sp?) coat.
Yes Eva, the spelling is wrong. It should be: "cute". :P
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Eva wrote: And I remember Von playing with his hidious (sp?) coat.
Yes Eva, the spelling is wrong. It should be: "cute". :P[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: I know he's a furry pet to you, Emma... :P
You can't fix stupid.
Ganith
Amphetamine Filth

_emma_ wrote: But that's off-topic. I wasn't in Madrid.
(Sadly).
I don't know if you would have liked the show or not, but I would have loved to have you there!
:kiss:
Ganith
Human stupidity knows no limits.
neardark
Road Kill

Just come back from Lisboa. My coments about Madrid:

The concert was good. Not the best but not the worst. I know the sound wasn´t as good as other times and the Madrid audience didn´t behave in the rigth way. The band tried to do their best and many people enjoyed the show.

EVA: I agree with your coments about the show. Yes, you are right. I know you are disappointed with the show, the venue and the people, but remenber Madrid 2006 was said to be in the tops of the Silver Bullet Tour. Anyway, for me it´s always a pleasure to see you in every city I go. You are really a very nice person, and I know I´ll see you here again.

DIEGO (DTSOM): You couldn´t have broken the flights tickets to Lisabon and the tickets show because you didn´t have anything. We planed go together by car to share costs (gasoline and more), so what are you talking about??? You are a big LIAR. I had to go by my own and I had to sell your ticket outside the venue. It´s a pity you really missed a good show in Lisabon. You should really change Dr.Avalanche by Dr.House.

BARCELONA: very good show, very good audience, about 1000 people, good sound, everyone enjoyed.

BILBAO: few people about 300, nice venue, good show, sound and audience.

HEARTLANDERS: nice to meet you all, thank you very much.

Domingo.
2011...on road again...
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

speak about yourself domingo

i think you didn´t get my point

i hope this is the last time you speak about me
because mayby i must go to look for you in Madrid and have more than words(IS THAT CLEAR?? I HOPE SO)

i wanted to say that if i had the tiket and the airplane tiket i´d broke them
i was so angry on saturday that i didn´t know what i wrote

LAST TIME YOU INSULT ME DOMINGO
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

calm down boys. cool down your boiling blood Diego.
_emma_
Overbomber

Ganith wrote:
_emma_ wrote: But that's off-topic. I wasn't in Madrid.
(Sadly).
I don't know if you would have liked the show or not, but I would have loved to have you there!
:kiss:
Ganith
Oh Ganith Ganith Dear. :( Come here and help me explain to my headmistress that I need not only to earn more, but also to get more holiday days per year. :|
Or, alternatively, move your cute ass and come to - say - one of the German gigs. :P :kiss:

Eva:
Oh yes. Meow.
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

neardark wrote: EVA: I agree with your coments about the show. Yes, you are right. I know you are disappointed with the show, the venue and the people, but remenber Madrid 2006 was said to be in the tops of the Silver Bullet Tour. Anyway, for me it´s always a pleasure to see you in every city I go. You are really a very nice person, and I know I´ll see you here again.
:notworthy: Many thanks to you Domingo & greetings to your lovely girlfriend. Of course you're totally right to assume I'll be back in Madrid if the right band (lets say Sisters or Alien Sex Fiend) plays there. I just had to let off steam, but I perfectly well know that it was just bad luck for me. :wink:

And I'm happy for the people who enjoyed the Madrid show - it has often enough happened that people have complained about a show I liked - it's as always an individual and lucky or unlucky experience.

And I'm also happy for all you people who went to Lisbon and had a top night out. Wish I'd been there myself. :wink:
You can't fix stupid.
sisters-pics
Road Kill

great show from the band; terrible crowd...

no comment :von:

pics online:

http://www.sisters-pics.de
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

:eek:

Relax people! :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Dr. Moody

No entradas ! :( :lol: sold out, no tickets, no touts, nobody selling,
and the door staff were a bunch o cnuts.
Had fun in Madrid tho, the Francis Bacon show at the Prado was great,
hi to Andrew S, nice to meet you, might see ya in London in a few weeks.
Seems we didn't miss much this time round.
;D
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

rather interesting things to read in the morning.
Spigel

Dr. Moody wrote: No entradas ! :( :lol: sold out, no tickets, no touts, nobody selling,
and the door staff were a bunch o cnuts.
Had fun in Madrid tho, the Francis Bacon show at the Prado was great,
hi to Andrew S, nice to meet you, might see ya in London in a few weeks.
Seems we didn't miss much this time round.
;D
:lol: :wink: Nicely put.
I was going to say that the sound was really s**t from where we were both standing.
That's a great photo BTW :notworthy: