Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Sisters in 2011
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2010/2011 Tours (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mav787
One life, all I need

PostPost #1  Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Sisters in 2011 Reply with quote Back to top

So my gigging with the Sisters in 2011 has come to an end. I've done 8 shows and I know that there are many who have done plenty more. Much respect to those who seem to be at almost every show. We are not worthy!

To me the band are much better than in previous years. Ben and Chris are now 100% part of the band and I don't wish for anyone else. They play with enthusiasm and it seems to rub off on Our fearless leader! .

The sound quality has been much improved with much clearer vocals. You can see on the Youtube videos that Our fearless leader! is singing rather than mumbling and the backing vocals are much better.

Song-wise we've much more variation. A personal favourite was Kiss The Carpet in Leeds. As much as I like Pipeline it was brilliant to get Top Nite Out in Madrid. It was nice to get NTTC and ARAAHP, even if they need a little polishing.

Wishes for 2012:

1. As many European shows as in 2011.
2. The first song to always be FALAA or Kiss The Carpet.
3. Good Things to be played somewhere other than Belgium.
4. Top Nite Out played more often.
5. A longer version of Lucretia - it always feels like its just getting going when it finishes.
6. A different t-shirt for Our fearless leader!. Its about time that luminous yellow t-shirt was retired. Wink

I'm not wishing for new songs they'll arrive when the band are good and really.

See you all in 2012!
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #2  Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ive done 7 but I enjoyed 6, In Madrid I got ill during the gig,so it doesnt count to me

I was lucky to be in the 2 nighs in Leeds,luxemburg,stekene,dublin+ teh 2 Spanish shows

im quite happy with all(obviously Madrid doesnt count) and the top for me is Leeds ,the great show in stekene+ the mind blowing Barcelona show!!

lets see if the next year I can afford some more

2016 BRUSSELS SO FAR....SO WAITING FOR MORE

MERA LUNA-BARCELONA-PORTUGAL-MADRID
LIVERPOOL AND SHEFFIELD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #3  Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did four,but as I had only ever done one in a year before,I am really pleased with that. Did every British gig apart from Sonisphere,and I also think that the band has been steadily improving from the Leeds gig in 2009 and particularly from the nadir that was 2006.

we fall to rise
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #4  Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen the sisters few times (2006 and 2009) but my hobbie it's hear each recording almost 10times.
What i can say? Ben and Chris has this special chemistry (in a professional and non-gay way Laughing) and they do a awesome work at the stage.
Glad to see they renewing their songs, and changing little things, just a riff(like in Summer) or a back vocal(Corrosion).

Wishes for 2012:
1)NTTC and A Rock and a Hard Place in every gig Very Happy
2) Amphetamine Logic with more choruses at the ending, with Chris backing vocals screaming 'AMPHETAMINE LOGIC' 'til von keep repeating the chorus Rolling Eyes
3) 120~140minutes gig.
4) Pipeline + TNO
Software: 70%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Steven Eloot
Road Kill

PostPost #5  Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Sisters in 2011 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everybody on Heartland.
My name is Steven and I live in Belgium. Some Heartlanders know who I am. Being a fan since 1986, first gig in 1991 and having attented at 73 gigs thusfar. Reading this forum since many years, but joined it as an active member only a few minutes ago. Sometimes rubbish, sometimes interesting information.
Barcelona was my 16th gig in 2011 and was sure one of the best this year.
Hope to hear from you guys/ladies. If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know.
paul
Overbomber

PostPost #6  Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Sisters in 2011 Reply with quote Back to top

Steven Eloot wrote:
My name is Steven and I live in Belgium. Some Heartlanders know who I am. Being a fan since 1986, first gig in 1991 and having attented at 73 gigs thusfar. Reading this forum since many years, but joined it as an active member only a few minutes ago. Sometimes rubbish, sometimes interesting information.
Hope to hear from you guys/ladies. If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know.

Welcome here!
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #7  Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Sisters in 2011 Reply with quote Back to top

paul wrote:
Steven Eloot wrote:

Welcome here!

seconded!!! and im with you about Barcelona...one of the best if not the best

2016 BRUSSELS SO FAR....SO WAITING FOR MORE

MERA LUNA-BARCELONA-PORTUGAL-MADRID
LIVERPOOL AND SHEFFIELD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #8  Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Sisters in 2011 Reply with quote Back to top

Steven Eloot wrote:

Welcome to Heartland Steven Cool
circle

PostPost #9  Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Sisters in 2011 Reply with quote Back to top

Steven Eloot wrote:

Welcome Very Happy
Druide
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #10  Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Steven, nice to read you here...

Welcome Smile
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #11  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I read that as Steven Kloot. Razz
Welcome anyway. Smile
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #12  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Sisters in 2011 Reply with quote Back to top

Steven Eloot wrote:

Hi Steven ... Very Happy ... and welcome on the Ship of Fools ... Laughing ...
Husek

PostPost #13  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Sisters in 2011 Reply with quote Back to top

Steven Eloot wrote:

Welcome Steven!
Are you a member of Dominion Mail List aren't you?
frederik

PostPost #14  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice to see you here Steven!

Tot vrijdag! Wink
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #15  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

2 x Leeds, Glasgow and Dublin here. Of the shows I saw and recordings I DL'ed, I think they peaked early this year but maintained a pretty good standard throughout. It's obviously been a high point of recent years, with last lear's Leamington show being the crucial turning point. Maintaining the momentum from then throughout the course of a full year would have been way too much to expect, but they done themselves proud in the end.

Most valid criticisms seem to have been taken onboard and addressed, whether intentionally or no it doesn't matter, the chrome-plated groove machine that probably slept with your sister is back and that's the important thing.

Major credit has to go to Chris and Ben for their role in revitalizing the band (and for giving us something new - a human face that it never really had before - without diluting it's essential essence).

For 2012 I just want to see them keep some of that momentum. Don't lose the ball when you're running towards the goal.

Otherwise - reckon a welcome is due to Steven! Very Happy
Sita

PostPost #16  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Sisters in 2011 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome, Steve! Very Happy

I second Mav with everything she wrote, and also -
Mav787 wrote:

Wishes for 2012:

1. As many European shows as in 2011.
2. The first song to always be FALAA or Kiss The Carpet.

Can't comment on 3 and 4, not saying I disagree but I simply don't have an opinion on that, but:
Quote:
5. A longer version of Lucretia - it always feels like its just getting going when it finishes.
6. A different t-shirt for Our fearless leader!. Its about time that luminous yellow t-shirt was retired. Wink

check! Laughing

I've only got one to add -
1959! Or Driven by the Snow! Please oh please. For the girls! Embarassed It wasn't me...

I hope to see many of you again in 2012 and also lovely people I haven't met in person yet.

Last edited by Sita on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
sukhoi

PostPost #17  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Sisters in 2011 Reply with quote Back to top

Sita wrote:

1959! Or Driven by the Snow! Please oh please. For the girls! Embarassed It wasn't me...

Oh, please, Something Fast is really not enough? Laughing
Sita

PostPost #18  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

no..... Embarassed
sukhoi

PostPost #19  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sita wrote:
no..... Embarassed

But no, at least Driven Like a Snow would be so nice to hear alive, even possibly not possible. But would you imagine Rain From Heaven before....
Mav787
One life, all I need

PostPost #20  Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: Sisters in 2011 Reply with quote Back to top

Sita wrote:
Welcome, Steve! Very Happy

I second Mav with everything she wrote

I hope to see many of you again in 2012 and also lovely people I haven't met in person yet.

Hopefully we'll meet at a Sisters gig in 2012 but you may be disappointed, I'm a man It wasn't me...
Sita

PostPost #21  Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Sisters in 2011 Reply with quote Back to top

Mav787 wrote:
Hopefully we'll meet at a Sisters gig in 2012 but you may be disappointed, I'm a man It wasn't me...

You're not the hottie in your Avatar, on the left? Surprised

Mr. Green Wink It wasn't me...
MadameButterfly
Mad Mental Bat

PostPost #22  Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Sisters in 2011 Reply with quote Back to top

Sita wrote:

OR ~ YCBTO! i'm sure the girls would appreciate that one too! It wasn't me...
Husek

PostPost #23  Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Or Nine while nine, girls love it too It wasn't me...
Steven Eloot
Road Kill

PostPost #24  Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Sisters in 2011 Reply with quote Back to top

Husek wrote:
Steven Eloot wrote:

Welcome Steven!
Are you a member of Dominion Mail List aren't you?

No, I'm not a member of Dominion Mail List, but some of my friends are to keep me informed.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

PostPost #25  Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Steven

I guess we visited the Electric Ballroom together before the Roundhouse gig, right?

Anyway, welcome in the heartlands Cool
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2010/2011 Tours (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: