Unexpected Reference For Amazon Purchase..

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.

When considering purchasing a band t-shirt would it help you if people who left said band about thirty years ago were mentioned?

Yes
11%
No
56%
Amazon are evil, go away
11%
Tower Of Strength doesnt half goes on a bit, I know that much
22%

Total votes: 18
Phil
Amphetamine Filth

Anger Is An Energy
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Perhaps they are trying to tell us that it has red wine stains on it.
Phil
Amphetamine Filth

The way it reads its as if He gets free postage...
Anger Is An Energy
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Phil wrote:The way it reads its as if He gets free postage...
:lol: :lol: :notworthy:
Am a bit concerned about your religious reverence style capital H for "He" in the middle of a sentence though. Are you sure you're not a m*****n fan in disguise ??
Pista
Cureboi

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Perhaps they are trying to tell us that it has red wine stains on it.
Impossible!
Unthinkable!

Hussey was always a Blue Nun man.

:wink:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Phil
Amphetamine Filth

Yikes, caught out so soon. Admitting that on here would be like admitting to Morrissey I'm a meat eater. Bollocks. Did I just fess up to liking Morrissey too?

And it had been going so well too :oops:
Anger Is An Energy
mh
Above the Chemist

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Perhaps they are trying to tell us that it has red wine stains on it.
If Wayne's involved you're in luck if it's just red wine... :urff:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Being645
Above the Chemist

... seems Amazon think that women are especially stupid ... :urff: ...

maybe because most of their underpayed employees are women ... :urff: :urff: ...
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Being645 wrote:... seems Amazon think that women are especially stupid ... :urff: ...

maybe because most of their underpayed employees are women ... :urff: :urff: ...
if only english were your first language bine, then i could point out that most of their underpaid employees were women.... but seeing as your english is probably better than mine i won't. :kiss: :wink:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Being645
Above the Chemist

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Being645 wrote:... seems Amazon think that women are especially stupid ... :urff: ...

if only english were your first language bine, then i could point out that most of their underpaid employees were women.... but seeing as your english is probably better than mine i won't. :kiss: :wink:
... :lol: ... ok, I've been halfway asleep again ... brillant ... :lol: ...

btw, I've noted your pretty avatar ...
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

I'm currently the only one, who voted 'Yes' ;D

Maybe it's because I'm one of those people who could drink red whine right from the bottle like that guitarist sometimes uses to do so :roll: :lol:
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Are they? I work in a very similiar warehouse enviroment to Amazon and it's a pretty even split between men and women,and in the documentary about the harsh working conditions at Amazon that was shown on the BBC a few months ago it didn't seem that there were more women.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Being645
Above the Chemist

ribbons69 wrote:

maybe because most of their underpaid employees are women ... :urff: :urff: ...
Are they? I work in a very similiar warehouse enviroment to Amazon and it's a pretty even split between men and women,and in the documentary about the harsh working conditions at Amazon that was shown on the BBC a few months ago it didn't seem that there were more women.
Perhaps you're right. What they show on TV is not always representative, though, also because TV channels sometimes follow a politics of "gender mainstreaming" that might somewhat distort reality for the sake of "equal representation" ... but hey, the most important point for me was that for the other t-shirts hoodies and so on, no former band members were mentioned to "support" sales... :wink: ...
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote:
ribbons69 wrote:

maybe because most of their underpaid employees are women ... :urff: :urff: ...
Perhaps you're right. What they show on TV is not always representative, though, also because TV channels sometimes follow a politics of "gender mainstreaming" that might somewhat distort reality for the sake of "equal representation" ... but hey, the most important point for me was that for the other t-shirts hoodies and so on, no former band members were mentioned to "support" sales... :wink: ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta7hTfI69xc
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Being645
Above the Chemist

I see... :| ...
million voices
Slight Overbomber

Maybe they think women remember Wayne with more affection than men do so are therefore more motivated to buy the shirt because of that connection
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Am a bit concerned about your religious reverence style capital H for "He" in the middle of a sentence though. Are you sure you're not a m*****n fan in disguise ??
GASP well spotted! :eek:
结庐在人境,而无车马喧。问君何能尔?心远地自偏。
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

Hey, I'm no longer the only one, who voted 'Yes' :lol:

BTW, I'm a fan of The m*****n, too and I was at Shepheards Bush Empire for the final 4 nights (as they called it back then) and it - especially the last night - was fecking brilliant :P :notworthy:
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
Phil
Amphetamine Filth

Victim of Circumstance wrote: BTW, I'm a fan of The m*****n, too
I think I am too. I mean the albums from the last twenty years have been patchier than a very patchy thing (I'm thinking some sort of quilt cover?) but the old ones still sound good live. That album they put out last year with All The Original Members Except One was alright actually, not very Mish-like at all. Is that a back handed compliment?
Anger Is An Energy