Wayne wants to work with Von again!

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
godgirl
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

So, last night at his book signing/Q&A in London I asked That Guitarist which performer who he is not currently working with that he'd love to work with again and he said top of the list was Mr E!

We decided it was possibly best that Craig wasn't involved in that! Alas, I may've been a bit tiddly so the nuances of the question/answer are now a bit vague, but it was interesting to hear, considering the many other choices he could've come up with!

He did also joke that of him, Von, Marx and Craig he was the only one still retaining any hair after all these years! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marge xxx
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
mh
Above the Chemist

What we all really wanna know is - does Ben Gunn still have his hair?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
godgirl

mh wrote:What we all really wanna know is - does Ben Gunn still have his hair?
If this is him, the answer is "a bit".

https://www.westminster.ac.uk/about-us/ ... s-benjamin

So yeah, Wayne "wins" the hair battle, if nowt else. Perhaps Marx being sick on it on the way to Boston was some kind of miracle tonic?

Marge xxx
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
hippie-bullsh-t-hater
Road Kill

yes but Von doesnt want to work with wayne. Von didnt even want Wayne at a concert guestlist, ha ha
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

hippie-bullsh-t-hater wrote:yes but Von doesnt want to work with wayne. Von didnt even want Wayne at a concert guestlist, ha ha
This is it isn't it.

I feel a bit sorry for Wayne, he keeps trying, but surely he knows by now that it's never going to happen?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Perhaps he's just trying to be friendly. We're all older now and fights from 30 odd years ago maybe don't mean as much as they used to.
The Chancer Corporation
ruffers
Overbomber

hippie-bullsh-t-hater wrote:yes but Von doesnt want to work with wayne. Von didnt even want Wayne at a concert guestlist, ha ha
Wasn't this 20 years ago though. We do have in 2019 a slightly more relaxed looking Von.

People change. Maybe not that much, but they do.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Pista
Cureboi

abridged wrote:fights from 30 odd years ago maybe don't mean as much as they used to.
True, but the bloke who spilt my pint in the Thomas A' Beckett back in the 80's better watch himself next time I visit Worthing

:innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

abridged wrote:Perhaps he's just trying to be friendly. We're all older now and fights from 30 odd years ago maybe don't mean as much as they used to.
I might remeber this wrong, but after that Affair there was some verbal trashing in media that had come from the mouth of St. Wayne.

Nontheless, AE is not obligated to feel any sympathy towards Wayne and idea of seeing or playing with him.

Not to mention that - to me - it looks that Wayn seems to be more in need to stand, one again, in the light of TSOM, than AE to play again with him.
Tinker
Road Kill

There's only one way to settle this - oiled-up wrestling.
Monstrous hell bride.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Tinker wrote:There's only one way to settle this - oiled-up wrestling.
What for? I can't see how anyone winning over another could mend broken trust.

I personally see absolutely no benefit in Wayne joining The Sister now. The band is complete and they are doing a great job together with a lovely perspective for the future. In case one of the wondeful guitarists should fall ill or in case they decide to have a real bass player again, there is always Chris Catalyst to pefectly stand in, who btw, has been a member of The Sisters of Mercy about ten times longer than Wayne and played ten times as many shows with them through great and not so great years and without the band ever releasing an album!!! Go figure.

The times that Wayne would fit in with The Sisters are long gone.
iesus
Overbomber

I remember a saying that struck me when i heard it first time. I think it describes the situation very well and why there is no point talking about it.
"It takes two to tango"
and i see no way to make 'em "dance" in the near future :innocent: :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
mh
Above the Chemist

I think there's 2 things at stake here, and even if Von has mellowed after 30+ years and no longer feels the need to go beating his war drums every time Wayne's name is mentioned, he may still have a preference to not revisit the past for perfectly good other reasons.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Probably in the minority in hoping it wouldn't happen anyway. Things move on.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Tinker
Road Kill

Being645 wrote:
What for?
Entertainment.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Just a thought: if it ever did happen, Von would be unlikely to want to call it "The Sisters Of Mercy" to avoid confusion with the current touring version of the band. They would have to use a different name. How about "The Sisterhood"? :innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
iesus
Overbomber

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i see what you did there :lol: :lol: :lol:
and possibly play "2 5 0 0 0" pre-recorded as opener :lol: :lol: :lol:
like "Spacetime" ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
H. Blackrose

When they used to go on at Robert Fripp to get back together the original lineup of King Crimson (when Greg Lake was still alive), his response was: I would if I thought they could still play the material as well as the new band, but I don't.

This would be my response to any idea of Hussbag rejoining Von on stage. Could he do a better job than Ben Christo and Dylan Smith? I think not.

(EDIT: tbf, "Marian" was the only song I didn't think quite worked in Auckland)
Last edited by H. Blackrose on 06 Nov 2019, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
Being645
Above the Chemist

Tinker wrote:
Being645 wrote:
What for?
Entertainment.
... :eek: ... but we've had almost 35 boring years of this ... :lol: :lol: ...
sultan2075
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:
I personally see absolutely no benefit in Wayne joining The Sister now. The band is complete and they are doing a great job together with a lovely perspective for the future. In case one of the wondeful guitarists should fall ill or in case they decide to have a real bass player again, there is always Chris Catalyst to pefectly stand in, who btw, has been a member of The Sisters of Mercy about ten times longer than Wayne and played ten times as many shows with them through great and not so great years and without the band ever releasing an album!!! Go figure.

The times that Wayne would fit in with The Sisters are long gone.
I completely agree.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Tinker
Road Kill

Being645 wrote:
Why stop now, just when we're hating it? :lol:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Tinker wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Why stop now, just when we're hating it? :lol:
Because we're no bonobos?
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

But we're human, aren't we? We can kill for smaller guilts.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

More chance of plaiting fog
Four strings good, six strings bad
Being645
Above the Chemist

Bartek wrote:But we're human, aren't we? We can kill for smaller guilts.
Without thinking. And what is the result? The ever same boring destruction.