Wide Receiver

Got any interesting thoughts on a set of lyrics? Any that don't involve the word "indeed"? Find yourself struggling to decipher all those obtuse references Von makes? Read "1959 And All That" and still no clearer? Nope, us neither. Postcards found lying in a skip around the back of the Chemists can be found here... Don't say you weren't warned.
Shadow_Smile
Uw voeten stinken

Oki,

Many time's I have searched the internet for these lyric

but never I have found A correct one.

I have added the song many time's in my "cool edit-2000" to adjust the sound so I can hear what mr. A.E. is singing but some line's are still difficult to listen to.

Does any of you know the treu lyrics, or think he/she does ???

this is what I came up with, it's not correct (and my English aint that perfect) but at least better than what I can find.

;" Wide reciever "

And you said
There's this wide believer
waiting for the silence
with his feet of the ground
with his hands in the air
and sky's go the wild
shatherd and torn and
the dream never dreamed
you say never married
and no-one's found you
these roumor in the outher time .........

and where’s your wide receiver
over the line
where’s your wide receiver
over the border
where’s your wide receiver
over the line
over the edge and to far forward
Where’s your wide receiver over the line

and this is what I see many time's aroun the internet

[BAD VERSION]

You say
Where is my believer
Waiting for the sign
Those feet off the ground
... the skies go wild
Tattered and torn your feet never bleed
You say never mattered ...
... is over and the hour is ...

And where's your wide receiver
Over the line

Where's your wide receiver
Over the border
Over the line
Over the edge and
Too far forward
Over the line
[Repeat to fade]

What do you think ???

I woul realy wanna see the original lyric sheet some day !!!

it's my faf. The Sisters song ever !!!
I was quite impressed until I hit the floor,.....Isn’t that what friends are for ?
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

lol
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It's an absolutely fucking dreadful song!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Shadow_Smile
Uw voeten stinken

I was quite impressed until I hit the floor,.....Isn’t that what friends are for ?
Shadow_Smile
Uw voeten stinken

But still the questions is,

what is the exact lyrics ???

and afther pulling the song wide receiver to the "cool edit" I even claim that there are 3 guitars playing.

Even my music teacher could not figer it out exactly, but also think that it's possible.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

I like the song. And now, thanks to Quiffy's communication with Gary Marx, we know it's a real Sisters song too. But no, I don't know the lyrics!!!
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

yep, thats because i only fixed it about 2 seconds before after i made that post :lol:

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic. ... 912#104912

:innocent:
Last edited by Quiff Boy on 05 Oct 2004, 14:23, edited 1 time in total.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Shadow_Smile
Uw voeten stinken

Quiff ,..... ???

Would it ever be possible for you to ask for the treu lyrics ?

and with howmany people has it been played during the recording ?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Shadow_Smile wrote:Quiff ,..... ???

Would it ever be possible for you to ask for the treu lyrics ?

and with howmany people has it been played during the recording ?
its all eldritch - none of the rest of the band had any hand in it.

i dont think any formal lyrics were ever created. the version you hear are early "thoughts" (hence the repetition) so i doubt there's a survinving record of them. and given the fact that its a solo eldritch number i doubt gary would have a copy of them if they did exist...

i dont know how many guitar tracks are actually on there but gary talked abouyt eldritch and his passing fascination with guitar harmonics, so it might not actually be that many part being played at once. just the wierd effect created by a bloody odd combination of notes being strummed :lol:

i'm afraid the song was binned at a fairly early stage so there really isnt that much information about it :)
Shadow_Smile
Uw voeten stinken

* starts crying now * :(
James Blast
Banned

as markfiend hinted, it's a bleedin's awful dirge
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hinted? :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

There is one main guitar line, there is a couple ofoverdub style guitar lines, but the whole guitar part can be played on one guitar with very little problem.

The bass line is dead easy too.

Played without years of tape distortion and poor sound quality it's actually a pretty good riff. It hs echoes of what 1959 became as the guitar position starts in a similar way.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
James Blast
Banned

1959 is $hite, too :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
angeldust
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:1959 is $hite, too :|
that's harsh
sunlight makes the dark feel safe
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

now you mention it c3 i can hear the 1959 riff in there :!:

i like 1959.

most of the time.

though to be honest it is my "most skipped track" from floodland. its not that its bad its just a totally different feel to everything else on there and doesnt always fit with the flow of the rest of the album :urff:
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

1959 is cool (and even the wife likes it). If you have the tape, it's followed by Torch anyway, and the progression doesn't feel so strange. You then have to get up and turn the tape over for This Corrosion, which kind of makes sense, I think, because that marks a real change.

What am I talking about, though? I haven't played the tape in yonks. If you have the CD, I can see that it sticks out a bit more. But I still wouldn't skip it. You're only allowed to skip REALLY BAD songs. Like When You Don't See Me...
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
James Blast
Banned

I like When You Don't See Me, the guitars have a nice sound to them
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

James Blast wrote:I like When You Don't See Me, the guitars have a nice sound to them
i always though WYDSM was very ordinary and very "generic rock", lacking any of the character of other sisters songs :(
James Blast
Banned

Quiff Boy wrote:i always though WYDSM was very ordinary and very "generic rock", lacking any of the character of other sisters songs :(
yeah, I'm aware it's not a fave on here, what do I ken, I think You Could Be The One is Mr. E's lost classic :oops:
maybe I mean last classic
~ Peter Steele
pikkrong
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:now you mention it c3 i can hear the 1959 riff in there :!:

i like 1959.

most of the time.

though to be honest it is my "most skipped track" from floodland. its not that its bad its just a totally different feel to everything else on there and doesnt always fit with the flow of the rest of the album :urff:

For me 1959 is like an iceberg in the middle of the flow of black water of Floodland and This Corrosion is the track which doesn't fit with the whole atmosphere.
Don't need to start war with me :) - Floodland is one of my all time favourite albums and This Corrosion is a good song, too :)
_emma_
Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:For me 1959 is like an iceberg in the middle of the flow of black water of Floodland and This Corrosion is the track which doesn't fit with the whole atmosphere.
What a good comparison. I couldn't agree more.
_emma_
Overbomber

:eek: How come I've just posted a message about the atmosphere of the music on Floodland in the Lyrics section, Wide Receiver thread???? :?: :lol:
aaron_quinton
Banned

_emma_ wrote::eek: How come I've just posted a message about the atmosphere of the music on Floodland in the Lyrics section, Wide Receiver thread???? :?: :lol:
because people stray from thier own thoughts, because people don't care about wide receiver, because people are obsessed with floodland and that is why andrew is reluctant to release another album, because he knows vision thing was a failure compared to floodland, not that vision thing is bad...and he's afraid of everyone's expectations...

yes wide receiver is weak, but the guitar line is worth salvaging...

yes, "will i dream?" tends to be weak as well, the worst of the unreleased songs...(really depends on the quality of the live recording to an extent too)

yes "1959" sticks out on cd and makes sense on tape or vinyl, a.e. said himself that the cd jacked up the album continuity...esp. "torch" and "colours" being added...

i think the lyrics of "wide receiver" have something to do with claire metaphorically...

i think mr.blast is being harsh calling "1959" $hite...

i think "when you don't see me" (german release) is far better than the l.p. version...

and i think "i was wrong" has been improoved 100 times over as an acoustic song played live on the smoke and mirrors tour

AQ