Black Friday

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

Some of you ken/remember that I had a 6 week period away from work recently, caused by 'work related stress'.
Well I'm back full-time now and I had the obligatory slap on the wrist that is the 'Return To Work Interview' yesterday.
To say it went badly would be an understatement.
It was character assasination.
The upshot is that I have started to get the wheels in motion for a 'grievance procedure' against my Line Manager.
I do not do this lightly, believe me. I have swithered for about 3 years and now is the time.
I was advised to keep a diary of events at work (cheers BeeP), which I have been doing for over a year, it makes interesting reading.

The bottom line is -
I'm going against a stacked deck, wish me luck :urff:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

Good Luck. Have faced that sort of s**t but got out before it got truly serious.

Don't know if I can be of any real help, but am a trainee solicitor so if you need anything let me know - even if I can't help I may know a man who can (seriously).
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

I wish you very good luck, and I hope you will come to the best possible result...
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Stick it to the Man, James! :twisted:

Don't let the bastards grind you down, etc.

Seriously, it's really good to hear you're getting back. Good luck, big man! :D
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
James Blast
Banned

thank you very much, your posts mean a lot to me

no, I'm not scared anymore
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

James Blast wrote:thank you very much, your posts mean a lot to me

no, I'm not scared anymore
You're welcome :D Seriously - pm me if there is anything you think I may be able to help with (I won't charge :lol: )
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
James Blast
Banned

@ Alice :notworthy:

Ich Will
~ Peter Steele
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

Absolutely no problem ;D
smiscandlon
Overbomber

All the best James, hope it turns out for the best.

My work life has been pretty hellish since a new manager came in about a year ago. I think she is basically well meaning but, unfortunately, thoroughly incompetent. She often forgets to (or decides not to) communicate information and procedural changes vital to the role I do, and I have been left looking like a complete f*cking idiot more than once...
анархия
Francis
Overbomber

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. You're waayyy too good for them James. Take no prisoners.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Agreed. Simply follow the perpetrators home and set fire to their houses.

But remember what happened to my last job before you heed any advice. :eek:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Francis
Overbomber

Yep. You've got to have a disaster recovery plan in place.
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

How is it - most of the soundest people I know have suffered the same sort of crap at work - and also had to have time off?

The wrong people get to the positions of power - the rest of us know what life is worth.
James Blast
Banned

more thanks to you guys and Amen! Alice :notworthy:
~ Peter Steele
Francis
Overbomber

Black Alice wrote:The wrong people get to the positions of power
Well, I've said it before, but I'll say it again (just in case he's watching cos he knows how to check the web logs!) my boss is a top fncking guy despite the fact that he's young enough to be my (step)son and owns about ten houses even though his dad was a shop steward down t'pits during t'miners strike.
Delilah
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Good luck James! Maybe it is time for change though? What is the point of working somewhere for some w**rs who do not respect you and give you a hard time? I had a similar situation 2 years ago (which made me promise to myself that I will never be an office person again!!!) - I told my boss that she can stick her job up her (...). It was a very respectable news agency, the best job I could hope for in Devon, but I just couldn't stand the way they were using everybody! I cannot sit quietly in such situations... And I am very proud of myself that I did it, coz it has forced a few positive changes in my life and career...
So, don't worry! and make them respect you!!! :D :D
Francis
Overbomber

Take the money. Take the p*ss. Surf the net. Enjoy the scenery.
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

I think that, in general, those qualities that lead one to a managerial position tend to be the exact traits that make one a bad manager.

Good luck, take it easy, and in the meantime be on the lookout for new and exciting job opportunites. Voodoo dolls are also a good option.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

all power to you mr blast

its been a long time since i worked anywhere like that but i (think i) know where youre coming from.i was fastracked through my grade due to my ability to do my job but ended up in a situation where there was nowhere else to go without promotion.of course my sick record(a lot of which was certified by the doc as "nervous exhaustion" ie stress)combined with my "attitude"(ie,my lack of enthusiasm to lick arse),appearance etc meant i always got below-standard promotion markings.

make the bastards pay.good luck.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Big Si
School Bully

Good luck, Jimbo!
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Just adding my support for my Celtic soul brother.

Get it RIGHT up them Mr Blast!
ruffers
Overbomber

Isn't there something in The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy about those who want power being by definition those who are least suitable for it?

All the best mr blast.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Petseri
Overbomber

Hang in there, James, and good luck.

If nothing else, I will see if I can get together a care package to keep you distracted and/or encouraged.

Martin
Lars Svensson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Good luck, Mr Blast...
:|

It's already been said - but doesn't harm reiterating: Don't let the b*s*ards grind yer down... :roll:

And in your case they're clearly trying their damndest so give 'em hell! :notworthy:
Amused to death...
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:all power to you mr blast

its been a long time since i worked anywhere like that but i (think i) know where youre coming from.i was fastracked through my grade due to my ability to do my job but ended up in a situation where there was nowhere else to go without promotion.of course my sick record(a lot of which was certified by the doc as "nervous exhaustion" ie stress)combined with my "attitude"(ie,my lack of enthusiasm to lick arse),appearance etc meant i always got below-standard promotion markings.

make the bastards pay.good luck.
Yep - same thing here. So decided to become a solicitor - the only goth solicitor in Newcastle apparently! But I get no more crap for the way I look :D and so far have not had to lick any arses - which I absolutely refuse to do. If it came to that I'd be off.

But - it was easier for me to change my career at the grand age of 30 cos I have a very supportive husband who maintaned our lifestyle whilst I took pay cut after pay cut, for the last 8 years (not an easy paper round in the job he has I can tell you) He's hoping to reap the benefits soon :lol: