The Sisters On This Day

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14157
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days
TheCureCommunity
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14157
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

& just the one show today

The Max, Melkweg, Amsterdam 2014
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days
TheCureCommunity
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14157
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days
TheCureCommunity
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14157
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

Just this one today

Markthalle, Hamburg 1984
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days
TheCureCommunity
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12583
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 74,4%,

and only one on May 28th ...

in 1984 at Batschkapp in Frankfurt, West Germany.
User avatar
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 555
Joined: 16 May 2006, 14:03
Location: looking for the can in the candy store

And just the one today, Detmold in 1984:

https://sisterswiki.org/Tue,_29-May-1984
User avatar
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 555
Joined: 16 May 2006, 14:03
Location: looking for the can in the candy store

Two for today (30th May):

1984, Bochum Zeche (https://sisterswiki.org/Wed,_30-May-1984)

1985, Long Beach, Fenders Ballroom (https://sisterswiki.org/Thu,_30-May-1985)

Incidentally, tomorrow is the final day to be covered in this epic topic. We have just the one more gig to enter. :bat:
User avatar
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut
Posts: 431
Joined: 28 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: manchester, europe

Mothra wrote:Two for today (30th May):

Incidentally, tomorrow is the final day to be covered in this epic topic. We have just the one more gig to enter. :bat:
In that case, can I mention that 21st September got missed. I don't know if any others have, but I noticed that one, because I was waiting for it to pop up at the time.

They definitely did

Vienna, Gasometer on 21.09.17.

https://sisterswiki.org/Thu,_21-Sep-2017

;D
User avatar
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 555
Joined: 16 May 2006, 14:03
Location: looking for the can in the candy store

sam donut wrote:
Mothra wrote:Two for today (30th May):

Incidentally, tomorrow is the final day to be covered in this epic topic. We have just the one more gig to enter. :bat:
In that case, can I mention that 21st September got missed. I don't know if any others have, but I noticed that one, because I was waiting for it to pop up at the time.

They definitely did

Vienna, Gasometer on 21.09.17.

https://sisterswiki.org/Thu,_21-Sep-2017


;D
It's every man for himself mate, don't wait on these dates popping up, post away if you're the first one looking :lol:. What's the significance of that one to you?


After we've covered tomorrow, I think it's m*****n accomplished, I'm not spending another year checking the gigography every day to see if anything got missed time around :)
User avatar
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut
Posts: 431
Joined: 28 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: manchester, europe

Mothra wrote:
sam donut wrote:
Mothra wrote:Two for today (30th May):

Incidentally, tomorrow is the final day to be covered in this epic topic. We have just the one more gig to enter. :bat:
In that case, can I mention that 21st September got missed. I don't know if any others have, but I noticed that one, because I was waiting for it to pop up at the time.

They definitely did

Vienna, Gasometer on 21.09.17.

https://sisterswiki.org/Thu,_21-Sep-2017


;D
It's every man for himself mate, don't wait on these dates popping up, post away if you're the first one looking :lol:. What's the significance of that one to you?


After we've covered tomorrow, I think it's m*****n accomplished, I'm not spending another year checking the gigography every day to see if anything got missed time around :)
Ha! Sorry :lol:
I think at the time I couldn't remember my password or was suffering another bout of posting paranoia :oops:

It was the last Sisters gig I went to was why I noticed.
User avatar
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 555
Joined: 16 May 2006, 14:03
Location: looking for the can in the candy store

sam donut wrote:
Mothra wrote:
sam donut wrote: In that case, can I mention that 21st September got missed. I don't know if any others have, but I noticed that one, because I was waiting for it to pop up at the time.

They definitely did

Vienna, Gasometer on 21.09.17.

https://sisterswiki.org/Thu,_21-Sep-2017


;D
It's every man for himself mate, don't wait on these dates popping up, post away if you're the first one looking :lol:. What's the significance of that one to you?


After we've covered tomorrow, I think it's m*****n accomplished, I'm not spending another year checking the gigography every day to see if anything got missed time around :)
Ha! Sorry :lol:
I think at the time I couldn't remember my password or was suffering another bout of posting paranoia :oops:

It was the last Sisters gig I went to was why I noticed.
You've got one day left to get in on the act, tomorrow's all yours if you want it. :wink:
User avatar
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut
Posts: 431
Joined: 28 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: manchester, europe

Ha! Oh no, that honour should go to someone who has put the legwork in, not a Johnny come lately like me. :)
User avatar
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 555
Joined: 16 May 2006, 14:03
Location: looking for the can in the candy store

sam donut wrote:Ha! Oh no, that honour should go to someone who has put the legwork in, not a Johnny come lately like me. :)
And in a fitting finale, nobody was about to claim the 'honour'. Has this made the whole thread null and void?

So, on 31st May, the Sisters have played only one show, it was in 1984, in Lier in Belgium - https://sisterswiki.org/Thu,_31-May-1984.

So, what have we learned from this? Around about one year ago, I learned how to upload photos to Heartland. I have since forgotten how to do this. All I recall is that it's a massive pain in the arse.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread, especially Pista and Being645, forget couldn't, I wouldn't have done it without you :lol:.

I now have a healthy list of Sisters shows to track down so that I can repeat the whole process again in years to come. Today, I am listening to the Sisters live in Chicago, on June 3rd, 1984.
Post Reply